Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The folks at Nissan have just unveiled all-new Armada SUV on the eve of the Chicago Auto Show.

This traditional, full-sized sport utility vehicle has been totally reworked for the 2017 model year. Serving as the brand’s flagship SUV, it rides atop a fully boxed ladder frame for all the ruggedness of a pickup truck. Compared to its predecessor, this structure is 20 percent stiffer thanks, in part, to larger cross-sections.

And that sturdy foundation allows this eight-passenger SUV to tow an impressive 8,500 pounds. When properly equipped, that figure is applicable to both two- and four-wheel-drive models.

Getting that much mass moving is a familiar 5.6-liter V8 engine. Like the rest of the Armada, it too has been enhanced for the new model year. It has gained direct fuel injection, a higher compression ratio, new pistons and the company’s VVEL variable valve lift technology. All told, it cranks out a substantial 390 horses and 401 lb-ft of torque. It’s matched to a seven-speed automatic transmission.

Now, if this drivetrain sounds familiar, it should because the new Armada is essentially a re-branded version of the more luxurious Infiniti QX80. Have you noticed the family resemblance yet? If not, check out the shape of its side glass and the placement of those fender vents, which are actually functional air intakes.

But that’s not all; there are even more similarities. Wheelbase, width, overall length and height exactly match the Infiniti, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Emulating the luxury offered by its more expensive sibling, the Armada comes with plenty of standard goodies including a navigation system with an eight-inch color display, heated front seats, a 13-speaker Bose sound system and dual-zone automatic climate control.

Available extras include all the latest technological goodies like adaptive cruise control, forward emergency braking, lane-departure warning and prevention and much, much more.

The totally redesigned 2017 Nissan Armada is slated to go on sale this summer. Three trim levels will be offered along with seven exterior color choices. Unfortunately, information about pricing has not been released at this time, so stay tuned.
Read more about the 2017 Nissan Armada Unveiled with 8,500-Pound Towing Capacity at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
132 Posts
mmm, me no likely.

Reactions: Pickle-Smooch

·
Registered
140 Posts
Could they have done any less to avoid badge engineering?? Aside from some hood wrinkles and the Nissan badge, looks just like the new QX80. In another thread I mistakenly called this thing a photoshoped QX.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Another gaudy fender badge, but at least is has a console shifter. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like it. Fingers crossed for the Nismo version to make it here since the 2nd gen Titan isn't getting my money and I'm not holding my breath for a production Warrior.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
It looks like the older Infiniti suv
Nissan may have a winner from just that. For those who love the Infinity, but either don't wish to pay or cant afford it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
So it has a better stronger frame, Much more powerful engine and 500# less towing capacity?...

·
Registered
912 Posts
It's a flop as an Infinity, so rebadge a Nissan Patrol as an Armada this time, and the Tahoe/Yukon sellers will be trembling in their boots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts