Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seen others having similar issues. Just trying to see if anyone has had any luck getting repairs or answers from Nissan?
Just purchased my 2017 Titan SL 2WD a couple weeks ago. Around 550 miles I noticed a vibration mostly in the seats. I could feel in driver seat and the passenger seat (empty) was shaking pretty bad. It mostly happens around 70 - 72 MPH. I took it to dealer who road force balanced all tires. The problem is still there and even worse. In addition, been having shifting issues with transmission that seems to be getting worse. I took to dealer again today with 800 miles now on odometer and dealer had me leave it and put me in a rental. I'm so frustrated and just curious if others have same issues and anyone have any luck getting it fixed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
An update on my 12-30-16 post about the rear end vibration on my 2017 2WD Titan SL.

Now have 10K on the odometer and 8 visits to a couple Nissan service departments and the general response it that I'm being too picky and the vibration is road conditions and that's it. Consumer Affairs has taken the same stance and washed their hands of the issue. All they've done at this point is road force balanced and repositioned the driveshaft. The repositioning of the drive shaft minimized the vibration for about a week or two but it came back and its now the same as it's always been. This just confirms to me that the issue is in the rear end assembly of the truck.

I did take it to my local Infiniti dealer that I've always had top notch service from. They road force balanced all the wheels and tires for me at ZERO cost and road tested the truck with me. Both the master service tech and my service advisor noticed the issue in about 2 minutes w/o even getting on the highway. Their only comment was that "this isn't right" while playing their politically correct cards stating that they don't typically work on trucks and aren't that familiar with Nissan's acceptable tolerances.

I'm convinced that Nissan knows about these vibration issues but simply just doesn't have a fix for them. I've also never encountered such incompetent service writers and techs even after driving Fords for years. This Titan purchase was is such a huge let down and I kick myself everyday for not going with Toyota. I can't imagine what GTR owners go thru when servicing their cars if I'm having issues with a basic $50K vehicle.

To top things off, resale on these things is horrendous after looking on line so it looks like I'm saddled with this pig for awhile.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
An update on my 12-30-16 post about the rear end vibration on my 2017 2WD Titan SL.

Now have 10K on the odometer and 8 visits to a couple Nissan service departments and the general response it that I'm being too picky and the vibration is road conditions and that's it. Consumer Affairs has taken the same stance and washed their hands of the issue. All they've done at this point is road force balanced and repositioned the driveshaft. The repositioning of the drive shaft minimized the vibration for about a week or two but it came back and its now the same as it's always been. This just confirms to me that the issue is in the rear end assembly of the truck.

I did take it to my local Infiniti dealer that I've always had top notch service from. They road force balanced all the wheels and tires for me at ZERO cost and road tested the truck with me. Both the master service tech and my service advisor noticed the issue in about 2 minutes w/o even getting on the highway. Their only comment was that "this isn't right" while playing their politically correct cards stating that they don't typically work on trucks and aren't that familiar with Nissan's acceptable tolerances.

I'm convinced that Nissan knows about these vibration issues but simply just doesn't have a fix for them. I've also never encountered such incompetent service writers and techs even after driving Fords for years. This Titan purchase was is such a huge let down and I kick myself everyday for not going with Toyota. I can't imagine what GTR owners go thru when servicing their cars if I'm having issues with a basic $50K vehicle.

To top things off, resale on these things is horrendous after looking on line so it looks like I'm saddled with this pig for awhile.
All you can do is blame that dealership. Try another. I have nothing but good things to say about my Nissan dealer which has treated me great!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had 2 F150's with severe vibration issues on the rear, nothing ever successfully performed to fix it. "Its a truck...its in the harmonics of the design".... DUH.

Even the Silverado's have a shake. Hundreds of video's on youtube.

I will have to say that the '17 Titan (non 4x4) is the smoothest riding truck i've ever owned (my brothers' dodge ram rides equally as good).

·
Registered
602 Posts
It's been almost 5 months now and 4 thousand miles since picking up my 2017 S 2wd and still get a huge smile on my face when I drive. No complaints !!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Possible cause
I have seen this many many times in cars SUV's and Truck me and my wife have owned. The one consistent answer to 70-90% of the problems was switching brand of tire. Example owned a 2005 Mazda Tribute that was louder than a heavy metal band and rode very rough. Looked online found out the if I switched out the OEM tires for Yokohama Geolanders it would fix it. Sure enough went from looking for anew car after owning it for a month to putting 155,000 miles on it. I have owned three Titans prior to current many sets of tires many different drives. The GY Wranglers may be a soft ride but wear like crazy, the General Grabbers slip like crazy on wet roads and made the truck jumpy. Michelins you get what you pay for great ride and tire wear. Revo's nice looking not bad ride a little noisy and Cooper AT3 great looking tires not very ride and not to noisy but didn't put enough miles on them to get a good idea as I traded in my 2008 SE for a 2012 SL. The 2012 SL came with Michelin Defenders and they are great tires all around. Had the LTX A/T2 on an 08 SE they were great too.

·
Registered
602 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts