Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know the dealerships and how they try to sell things when all you wanted is an oil change. Well Which of these really need to be performed? Since my Truck has 64k miles I figured #1 an #2 are probably needed. Not to sure about the other three. Brakes are good.
#1 and #3 are the only 2 things I won't do myself.

#1. Perform Automatic Transmission Service.
#2. Perform Coolant Flush.
#3. Perform Fuel Induction Service.
#4. Perform Power Steering Fluid flush and fill.
#5. Perform Brake Fluid flush and fill.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Your 2017 Nissan uses the blue long life antifreeze/coolant and so it should be good for 10 years or @125K miles, whichever comes first; or if the system has been opened, serviced or topped off with a different lower lifespan coolant. Then the interval becomes shorter.

Fuel induction service is a money maker service for the dealership; I have never done this. Brake fluid, I change on our cars every two to three years, regardless of mileage. If you have a Motive pressure bleeder with the Nissan cap, it is a very simple task.

Power steering fluid replacement, I never believed in until I recently completed the service including replacement of all hoses on a BMW Z3 and a 328Ci. I am a believer now, but these cars are >20 years old. Your PS fluid is no where close to being replaced, so your call.

Tranny flush and replacement, probably worth it, if it has never been done thus far. Also check your owners manual for recommendations.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I read my owners manual correctly it says change the transmission fluid every 40K ?
My question is, Filter and fluid or a flush and fluid?
I've been told to never flush to always change the filter and fluid. I wonder why you'd do that as there's still old fluid in the torque converter?
IDK. I didn't have to worry about that with my 2015 Nissan Frontier as it had all that done before I purchased it used with 7900 miles on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts