Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a lurker since I got my truck in May - a 2017 Titan Pro 4x. My first "car" was a second gen Dodge Ram 50, but I decided to return to the truck world with Nissan. So far I love it.

So my question - I put on aftermarket step bars and now that it's snow season here in the northeast, I'm finding the front of the step bars accumulate a lot of crap after driving in the snow. So I want to get mud flaps / splash guards / whatever they're called.

However I'm reading all sorts of things about how they destroy the paint and ultimately cause the wheel wells to rust.

So what do I do about the step bars? Deal or what?

I like the look of the Nissan flaps but I read they're particularly bad

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can you post a pic of your PRO4X with the "steps"... I also have one but i like the look w/o... I have not seen a PRO4X with step...
Thanks...
Ben

·
Registered
334 Posts
Mud flaps don't cause paint issues or rust, fender flares do. Luverne make some mud flaps that fit to the new titans

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Captianmath,
Love that color!!!!
Which Packages do you have in your truck?
Thanks for the pic.... I do like those...How wide are those? Did you instal? Where you get them from?
what bed cover did you get?
Have you looked into updating your High & fog lights yet? I do not like that the fog lights are halogen (soft white color) and our low beam are Bright white LED... Have you noticed the our High beams are also "soft white color"?

You get any after market floor mats... Looks like you get alot of snow!!!!
How are those "general Grabbers" doing in the snow?

Sorry for all the questions......LOL
Have a great day.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Fizx -

Westin Pro Traxx Oval step bars I think. I think they look pretty good. My wife is 5'3" so I kind of had to put them on :)
My wife is 5'2"...I refuse to put 'em on. Keeps her out of my truck most of the time! :big_grin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol @ fizx

I got everything except the premium package - which in hindsight I kind of wish I got. We got it with the intent of buying a travel trailer sometime next year.

The step bars - I got them from a local parts store because he cut me a deal based on the referral from the dealer. It probably would have been cheaper online though. They're 4" wide. I put them on myself, wasn't too hard, but my wife did help me a little.

Bed cover is extang trifeca from autoanywhere.

OMG those high beams. That's the one thing that really bugs me is the off color high beams, so yeah I might replace them next.

Floor mats are weathertech, got them a few weeks ago. Minor nit - there's a lip on the mats that's supposed to sit under the door when it's closed. Because I got them when it's cold, they're stiff and the back mats have that lip sticking up on one side so they don't sit quite right just yet. I might leave them in the sun next chance I get and try to get that lip to flatten.

The grabbers are great in the snow, I don't even bother clearing the driveway. If it's real deep I need 4H to get out. Too much torque on that back wheel otherwise. In fresh snow on paved roads it's practically a snowmobile.
@BobNYC - you take this thing through Manhattan? You're brave. First week I got it I was terrified I'd clip parked cars on some narrow streets up here in the sticks.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
@BobNYC - you take this thing through Manhattan? You're brave. First week I got it I was terrified I'd clip parked cars on some narrow streets up here in the sticks.
Heh heh...those of us who live in Manhattan rarely drive in Manhattan. My driving in Manhattan mostly consists of driving the mile from my parking garage to the Holland Tunnel to get out of town.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The grabbers are great in the snow, I don't even bother clearing the driveway. If it's real deep I need 4H to get out. Too much torque on that back wheel otherwise. In fresh snow on paved roads it's practically a snowmobile.

Proof that NE snow and Rocky Mountain snow are totally different things! I’ve found the Grabbers on my 17 Pro-4X to be just OK in deep snow, but utterly unsafe on ice and in light snow.

This is the first new vehicle I’ve owned where I’m actively considering changing tires before wear requires it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mallthus - fair point and to be honest, I haven't really had the truck long enough to know how it handles in different conditions. Like I haven't had to do a highway commute in a blizzard. I might have a different opinion based on that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
lol @ fizx

I got everything except the premium package - which in hindsight I kind of wish I got. We got it with the intent of buying a travel trailer sometime next year.

The step bars - I got them from a local parts store because he cut me a deal based on the referral from the dealer. It probably would have been cheaper online though. They're 4" wide. I put them on myself, wasn't too hard, but my wife did help me a little.

Bed cover is extang trifeca from autoanywhere.

OMG those high beams. That's the one thing that really bugs me is the off color high beams, so yeah I might replace them next.

Floor mats are weathertech, got them a few weeks ago. Minor nit - there's a lip on the mats that's supposed to sit under the door when it's closed. Because I got them when it's cold, they're stiff and the back mats have that lip sticking up on one side so they don't sit quite right just yet. I might leave them in the sun next chance I get and try to get that lip to flatten.

You like the general grabbers in snow? I have found them to be the worst tire I have ever had in snowy conditions and am looking forward to them burning off so I can replace them without feeling wasteful. I have literally gotten stuck in an inch of snow with them... well not stuck as I have four wheel drive, but I shouldn't need it for an inch of snow.

I have a feeling that they would be just as bad in muddy conditions. They don't have wide enough spacing between the lugs so they just slick over and everything stays in the tread until you hit a bump or your tires spin fast enough to throw the crap out.

I love my 2017 Titan Pro-4x, but Nissan always chooses the worst tires for the job on Pro-4x models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
DougG
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing