Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not just saying this to be biased because I have this truck. I loved my 2012. But this truck is epic.
So much more power than my gen 1. Going up the highway to work my old titan would have to be hounded on to get up to 110km in this truck i was doing 120km like nothing, seemed effortless. Rides really really smooth. the Bilsteins on the pro4x are a touch stiff but thats to be expected. I haven't noticed the gear searching some people have noticed. i have noticed a slight hesitation from dead stops once and a while. I can't speak for mpg as I have only used about 2 tanks. But it's better than my gen 1 that's for sure. The interior is short of beautiful. Easily one of the nicest trucks I've been in. Also really loving the navigation. the screen could be slightly bigger, but not a deal breaker, Very easy to use. The Rockford fosgate system sounds very very good as well! easily one of the best stock systems I've heard, I'm no audiophile though
I also find the exterior looks alot better in person. One thing i love are the LED projector headlights. for stock headlights they are pretty darn good. and the ability to aim them in the cab on the go. For the pro4x the General AT tires are actually half decent, for people who like to keep things stock this is a good option.
one of my favourite little features is the door lock/unlock, as long as the key is on you the button on the door will lock/unlock the doors, nice feature to not have to take your fob out of your jacket.
Anyways just a few things I like about the truck.

·
Registered
180 Posts
bragger! lol

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha. Indeed. It pulls pretty hard. Drove give or take 400kms yesterday on the highway. Did alot of effortless passing. Feels good.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing to add not anything against the truck but these General tire AT tires are trash. Super soft.

·
Registered
615 Posts
One thing to add not anything against the truck but these General tire AT tires are trash. Super soft.
I know you probably want an off road tire but the Toyo Open Country A26 has been great on my 2wd.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm waiting to get new wheels and a 6" I already have Toyo At 2 xtremes from my last titan.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Paskell like. Off topic but how is the timing chain tensioner noise on your new vk56? My XD is loud I mean sounds like diesel loud. 290 miles on it so I hope it will quite down

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pastel like. Off topic but how is the timing chain tensioner noise on your new vk56? My XD is loud I mean sounds like diesel loud. 290 miles on it so I hope it will quite down
I too am a recent owner of a brand new Pro 4x. And I didn't know if it was a specific parts noise or what, but I alway though it sounded like a diesel at idle. Not overbearing or annoying just thats what it sounded like and to me kinda sounded awesome like that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not just saying this to be biased because I have this truck. I loved my 2012. But this truck is epic.
So much more power than my gen 1. Going up the highway to work my old titan would have to be hounded on to get up to 110km in this truck i was doing 120km like nothing, seemed effortless. Rides really really smooth. the Bilsteins on the pro4x are a touch stiff but thats to be expected. I haven't noticed the gear searching some people have noticed. i have noticed a slight hesitation from dead stops once and a while. I can't speak for mpg as I have only used about 2 tanks. But it's better than my gen 1 that's for sure. The interior is short of beautiful. Easily one of the nicest trucks I've been in. Also really loving the navigation. the screen could be slightly bigger, but not a deal breaker, Very easy to use. The Rockford fosgate system sounds very very good as well! easily one of the best stock systems I've heard, I'm no audiophile though
I also find the exterior looks alot better in person. One thing i love are the LED projector headlights. for stock headlights they are pretty darn good. and the ability to aim them in the cab on the go. For the pro4x the General AT tires are actually half decent, for people who like to keep things stock this is a good option.
one of my favourite little features is the door lock/unlock, as long as the key is on you the button on the door will lock/unlock the doors, nice feature to not have to take your fob out of your jacket.
Anyways just a few things I like about the truck.
Spot on. I also love how this truck is loud when you want it loud and subtle when you want it subtle. Awesome truck. Its overkill for my needs, but i LOVE it.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I too am a recent owner of a brand new Pro 4x. And I didn't know if it was a specific parts noise or what, but I alway though it sounded like a diesel at idle. Not overbearing or annoying just thats what it sounded like and to me kinda sounded awesome like that.
myn also sounds like a quiet diesel at idle its kinda funny. not loud enough to be annoying though and i cant hear it with the windows up

·
Registered
18 Posts
myn also sounds like a quiet diesel at idle its kinda funny. not loud enough to be annoying though and i cant hear it with the windows up
I know what is making the noise and why but it was never this loud. I believe it's because the body sits higher than the previous generation so the engine is more exposed. At 1000 miles I will change the oil and filter and see what happens. I am already filling an increase in power, 400 miles and it seems to be waking up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts