Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I recently bought a 2017 SV CC and wanted to put running boards on it. I purchased the Ares AdvantEDGE running boards that came with 8mm bolts. When I went to install the brackets I found out that the 8mm were too large. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong? I tried a 7mm bolt and that fit great, however the 7mm isnt wide enough to hold the bracket in place. Any ideas of what I could do would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
5,332 Posts
i would get a hold of that company and let them know they sent you the wrong bolts. or get a washer for under the head

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
5,332 Posts
oh man, that really sucks. take the 7mm to the hardware store and get some of those thick wide washers. or maybe take the 7mm to the store and find some about 1/4" longer and double the washers up if you cannot find the really thick washers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh man, that really sucks. take the 7mm to the hardware store and get some of those thick wide washers. or maybe take the 7mm to the store and find some about 1/4" longer and double the washers up if you cannot find the really thick washers
Thanks a lot man! I'm gonna try a larger washer and longer 7mm bolt. Much appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.