Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. Looking for some suggestions on repairing a cracked fuel line at one of the connection points. Still shaking my head that with only 54,000 miles and still under warranty, the dealer has refused to repair under warranty. Suggestions would be greatly welcomed. Attached is a picture of the failure. My friends at the dealership want 1300 to fix it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Why are they refusing fix it? Are they saying it failed due to neglect? A fuel line isn’t a consumable part so I can’t imagine why they would refuse to repair it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why are they refusing fix it? Are they saying it failed due to neglect? A fuel line isn’t a consumable part so I can’t imagine why they would refuse to repair it.

Here goes:

I am currently on the road (or I was) traveling and while visiting a friend here in TN, smelled gas. Had my buddy look up under the truck (hard for me to do as I am a wheelchair user) and he found the cracked line. Called Nissan roadside assistance and they told me that the truck was not under warranty and for me to call Nissan. I had a a rep on the phone from the Consumer line actually call the tow company and tell them that I was under warranty and they still refused to tow the truck. SO, I called the local Nissan dealer in Cookeville and asked for options. They told me that I needed to bring the truck to them as they would not come get it. So, in an effort to get it to them, my friend put some JB weld over the crack, after we took this and other pictures, in an effort to get the leak temporally stopped so that I could drive the truck over. Well, not a good idea as it did not work and I ended up still having ii towed. Of course they now say that I "altered" the problem as now refuse to do the repair under warranty. As such, why I am looking for some suggestions on a repair that I can do, instead of a 1300 dealer fix.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I’d contact Nissan corporate and see if they can help any. I can understand why the dealer might say you’ve altered the part, but it should be obvious that “alteration” was done to fix an issue that should be covered under warranty. Especially given the fact they refused to tow it and expected you to deliver it to them. Not sure you’ll have anymore luck, but it’s worth a shot. Or maybe try another dealer, sometimes warranty work being accepted or denied comes down to nothing more than poor service from a local dealer and a different dealer will do it.

This isn’t like lifting a Jeep and trying to get warranty work on driveline components. I see that all the time on the Jeep forums.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Here goes:

I am currently on the road (or I was) traveling and while visiting a friend here in TN, smelled gas. Had my buddy look up under the truck (hard for me to do as I am a wheelchair user) and he found the cracked line. Called Nissan roadside assistance and they told me that the truck was not under warranty and for me to call Nissan. I had a a rep on the phone from the Consumer line actually call the tow company and tell them that I was under warranty and they still refused to tow the truck. SO, I called the local Nissan dealer in Cookeville and asked for options. They told me that I needed to bring the truck to them as they would not come get it. So, in an effort to get it to them, my friend put some JB weld over the crack, after we took this and other pictures, in an effort to get the leak temporally stopped so that I could drive the truck over. Well, not a good idea as it did not work and I ended up still having ii towed. Of course they now say that I "altered" the problem as now refuse to do the repair under warranty. As such, why I am looking for some suggestions on a repair that I can do, instead of a 1300 dealer fix.
Just call Nissan Corporate. Send/ show them the time stamps pics…

Worst case scenario tell them u will pay for part u glued and they cover the labor….

Never heard of one of these failing but anything is possible. Also, if you gas tank whistles when u fill it have them replace the the gas tank…

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
I know that these companies hate to be called out for things like this on social media.
How they treated you so fair is disgusting, good luck.

Clint

Reactions: J Leatherman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just call Nissan Corporate. Send/ show them the time stamps pics…

Worst case scenario tell them u will pay for part u glued and they cover the labor….

Never heard of one of these failing but anything is possible. Also, if you gas tank whistles when u fill it have them replace the the gas tank…
Kenedy, could you please tell me more about the gas tank whistles issue? Mine certainly does and if it's something that should be replaced I can make the case that "while you are in there......" Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’d contact Nissan corporate and see if they can help any. I can understand why the dealer might say you’ve altered the part, but it should be obvious that “alteration” was done to fix an issue that should be covered under warranty. Especially given the fact they refused to tow it and expected you to deliver it to them. Not sure you’ll have anymore luck, but it’s worth a shot. Or maybe try another dealer, sometimes warranty work being accepted or denied comes down to nothing more than poor service from a local dealer and a different dealer will do it.

This isn’t like lifting a Jeep and trying to get warranty work on driveline components. I see that all the time on the Jeep forums.
I have been COMPLETELY unable to get a Corporate number. All I have is the Consumer number and that, frankly, is worthless. It's like talking to robots....IF you get one.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Go to a different dealer. Don't tell them about the JB Weld. 5 Year / 100,000 bumper to bumper...it's covered.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Give that a shot, it’s off Nissan USA’s page. It is to consumer affairs, hopefully you’ll have more luck with them.

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
I’d throw it out there that someone was trying to help you make it drivable based on dealers refusal to pick it up and that you’re wheelchair bound, I dare them to leave you high and dry.

Clint

Reactions: busemans
1 - 13 of 13 Posts