Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This just started on my 2017 CC SV 5.6l. Anytime I turn the truck on and put it in reverse the from park the middles sensors go off with nothing in front of it. they also go off when im slowing down getting ready to stop. taking it in this week.
I'm curious if they tell you your the only one in the country that is having this issue. Take video with odometer readings m. Been dealing with this for two years and two trucks. But I'm still " the only one Nissan knows about" BULL****.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
I'm curious if they tell you your the only one in the country that is having this issue. Take video with odometer readings m. Been dealing with this for two years and two trucks. But I'm still " the only one Nissan knows about" BULL****.
The internet is a wonderful tool to out their you’re the only... lie.
Years ago Jeep owners were complaining about peeling paint and they came up with every excuse and told each owner, this has been repainted, neglected, something spilled on it etc. so an owner went online and gathered as many others from forums and social media as they could and filled many rows of cars in a mall parking lot. The guy had a news crew come and he had rented a bucket truck to take the cameraman up in to show all the cars and various vehicles in need of new paint. They also did a walk around and spoke to the owners and they told of the horrible service reception they got when going for help. Chrysler went and had to paint those and many others as this spread far and wide but they said nope nobody else has paint issues. The public proved otherwise.

Clint

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dropped the truck off this morning. The Service manager said he hasnt seen a titan come in with bad sensors yet. " its typically altima's and sentras" he said. They checked it out and sure enough the sensor or sensors are bad and they ordered new ones. I didnt have to get it on video, the sensors were going off while the service manager drove it back to the techs lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Psssst...Press this little button and you can shut them off. :devil:
I know but thats not the point. Plus every time you turn off and turn on the truck they are enabled again and in my case the go off as soon as i put the truck in reverse. annoying.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dropped the truck off this morning. The Service manager said he hasnt seen a titan come in with bad sensors yet. " its typically altima's and sentras" he said. They checked it out and sure enough the sensor or sensors are bad and they ordered new ones. I didnt have to get it on video, the sensors were going off while the service manager drove it back to the techs lol.
Once it's fixed, I doubt you'll hate it. I have to get pretty dang close to something for mine to automatically come on, and they only do it at low speeds.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The internet is a wonderful tool to out their you’re the only... lie.
Years ago Jeep owners were complaining about peeling paint and they came up with every excuse and told each owner, this has been repainted, neglected, something spilled on it etc. so an owner went online and gathered as many others from forums and social media as they could and filled many rows of cars in a mall parking lot. The guy had a news crew come and he had rented a bucket truck to take the cameraman up in to show all the cars and various vehicles in need of new paint. They also did a walk around and spoke to the owners and they told of the horrible service reception they got when going for help. Chrysler went and had to paint those and many others as this spread far and wide but they said nope nobody else has paint issues. The public proved otherwise.

Clint
I am aware. The problem is every time I come in and even when speaking with the USA engineer (for both trucks), he states that he has not had any other titans and has not heard if any other titans having this malfunction. On the 1st truck they replaced sensors, harnesses, computers... on the 2md truck which was/is the lemon law law replacement they have added shielding tape, new sensors, new harnesses, reprogrammed computers and put in new computers.
It's super hard to believe that I was the only on in the Nissan inventory to have this issue a d to also to get back to back trucks built 1 year apart to both have this issue the odds must be astronomical.
But I am aware that other have had this issue and advised them of that and found information on the forums but goes on deaf ears.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So press the button again when you restart the truck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
There is a setting using the steering wheel controls to disable them without pushing the button each time. Bad part is is Nissan programmed it to kill both front and rear. But also only programmed it to kill rear only and save froont active. But no setting to kill front only.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
I am aware. The problem is every time I come in and even when speaking with the USA engineer (for both trucks), he states that he has not had any other titans and has not heard if any other titans having this malfunction. On the 1st truck they replaced sensors, harnesses, computers... on the 2md truck which was/is the lemon law law replacement they have added shielding tape, new sensors, new harnesses, reprogrammed computers and put in new computers.
It's super hard to believe that I was the only on in the Nissan inventory to have this issue a d to also to get back to back trucks built 1 year apart to both have this issue the odds must be astronomical.
But I am aware that other have had this issue and advised them of that and found information on the forums but goes on deaf ears.
It’s not a you against them thing it’s EVERYONE with this issue getting together and publicly announcing it and making them own up to it as it hurts their image and bottom line.

Clint

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It’s not a you against them thing it’s EVERYONE with this issue getting together and publicly announcing it and making them own up to it as it hurts their image and bottom line.

Clint
So should we start sharing our consumer affairs claims numbers for referencing she we are talking with them?
I'm all for it. Nothing I signed said I can't disclose any information.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I am wondering if any of you guys ever got this problem fixed I have been having this problem for several months now?
This vehicle was lemoned for this repeated issue, as they kept replacing more and more computers, And then I was having steering failures. Click springs, bearings, steering alignment sensors, ect ect....

·
Registered
1 Posts
My middle 2 sensors are going off as well. Look they were hit by rocks but just barely a touch of black missing. They have gotten worse, from going off when stopping to coming on all the time. Dealer refuses to replace saying it was rock damage. This truck has had more problems than any used car I have ever owned. I am through with Nissan.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Interesting. I just bought a 17 Cc titan non xd.
I got it used with a grill guard installed already. I noticed the sensors had been turned off in settings and when I turned them on they were on constantly. My assumption was the grill guard was in the ‘array.’ Anyone know if that would be the cause or if it’s a sensor issue? Anyone else have a grill guard and no issue with the sensors?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 titan xd PR. This week I was riding down the road and when I got close (within 50 feet) of the vehicle in front of me the sensors in front started going off . When I slow down to withnin 5 miles per hour they activate the warning system. I will be taking it into the dealer this week. The day before the check engine light came on and I drove it straight to the dealer. They said that was a communication issue with the transmission computer and would have to take it in to check further to see if it was a harness problems. My truck has been mechanically trouble free until this situation. I hav 36K miles on the truck and have loved driving it so far. I hope I do not start having the problems others have had that I have been reading about. That will sour me about this truck really quickly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 2017 titan xd PR. This week I was riding down the road and when I got close (within 50 feet) of the vehicle in front of me the sensors in front started going off . When I slow down to withnin 5 miles per hour they activate the warning system.
This is a common issue when there's snow, ice, and below freezing temps and it's not unique to Titans or even Nissans. A little rub with your finger tip will clear them up, btw. Now if you're in Florida or someplace warm, I've got nothing for ya. :censored:

·
Registered
107 Posts
The issue of the front parking sensors activating when braking is just starting to happen on my '17 PR. Went through a legit blizzard on a trip with my wife in Wyoming just this past Thanksgiving weekend and since then the front sensors have activated at least 4-5 times when I brake. I made sure all of the ice accumulation is off of the front end and yet it has continued to occur.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nissan parts cost for a sensor is $218. This can't be right? Am I missing something with this sensor. I see online that you can get aftermarket for some nissan vehicles for about $5.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts