Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Just purchased a 2017 crew cab SV with 26000 miles on it.

Like the truck, concerned about fuel economy. Its nowhere near advertised mpg.

Just did a calculation and ended up at 11.8 mpg. From full to just above 1/4 tank and only had about 197 miles on the tripometer. Filled up the tank and found it to be just under 12 mpg. Most of this is a 20 mile trip to work on Monday and a 20 mile trip home on Fridays and then some light around town driving on the weekends.

Is this normal and to be expected for the titan?

Also, have noticed that when fueling the tank, when the tank starts to get full, there is a whistling noise coming from the tank. Again, normal?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The mileage is low for sure. Mine is a 17 crew 4x4 with 35000 miles and gets 19mpg average. That elk bugle sound at he has station is a recall that needs to be addressed. Record a video run the tank below 1/4 and take it to the dealer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sounds like I need to have Nissan investigate the fuel economy. Issue is, I called them today, they want me to schedule an appointment to have a tune up done. New plugs, all that. Said they would have to see what all is going on, but it will be somewhere in the ballpark of a $300 to $400 cost to me.

I asked the tech why it would need a tune up with only 26000 miles on it. The tech said it will depend on what they previous owner did to the truck. If he drove it hard, if he did a lot of pulling with it.

Seems odd to me, for a truck with that low of mileage, even if the previous owner did a lot of towing....the truck has a tow package. Seems like it should be built for that sort of thing. Unless they are suggesting that if you use your vehicle to tow a trailer its going to need a tune every 25000 miles...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts