Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out on our 1st long road trip towing a 4000# travel trailer.
I’m averaging under 7 mpg highway driving. This seems low. My old Tundra was getting 10+

appreciate any feedback

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Crap. I get 9-10 towing my 5500lb wake boat. You sure your trailer weight is accurate? What speed are you towing?

·
Premium Member
70,144 Posts
I get 9 to 10 pulling my camper at 60 to 65 MPH.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Has to either be headwind or hills. But I get 9-10mpg towing that wakeboat through the foothills of the Appalachians here in northern Alabama, doing 65mph. Strange.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
374 Posts
and northern alabama is not flat, that is for sure. back in the 90s I would go from fort benning to muscle shoals a lot to visit friends

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
It's not like going through Wolf Creek Pass at the Great Divide like I did in a rental Expedition a few years ago on a summer vacation, or up Pike's Peak, but it's not like where I grew up in Florida, with a lot of flat ground and a few hills. Folks miss that about northern Alabama. Sure, max elevation is mostly in the 1200-2000' ASL range, but it's a lot of down and up. Heck, just walking my deer lease on any given day, I get in 3-4k of cumulative elevation change, and that lease is 1500' at the top, 700' at the bottom. Driving around up here is a lot of up and down.

Thank you for your service, by the way. My brother did basic at Benning back in the mid-80s, and was in 2nd Armored until he got out after the first Gulf War. Of course, he spent his time at Hood in Killeen with a few interesting trips to Germany and the far east during peacetime, and a year and change in the middle east for Desert Shield/Storm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m pulling a 7000 # trailer with 1/4 cord of wood in the back and was right at 9 hand calculated. I rarely go over 65 and it’s pretty flat ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts