Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this helps those on the fence about installing a lift / leveling kit on their Nissan Titans. I took my 2017 Pro4X to Crazy Town Customs in Nashville, TN on Wednesday for the Rough Country 3" Suspension Lift. I was able to pick the truck up Thursday evening, but it was a little too late in the day to get a good picture. Woke up today and snapped some shots when I got to work. The ride is PERFECT! Having the factory installed Bilstein shocks on the Pro4X helps maintain the factory ride. I live about 15 miles south of Nashville and experience both highway AND city driving on multiple types of road surfaces throughout the day. So far so good! With that being said, I have experienced ZERO coil bucket contact while hitting all sorts of potholes and bumps. As far as ride height is concerned, to say it is noticeable is an understatement. It's a HUGE step up from factory (in a good way). I have already gotten several looks and questions about it. So if you're on the fence, just go for it! If you have any questions, just ask and I'll do my best to answer them. If I can't, I will certainly holler at the guys who installed it and see if they have the answer. My next project will include some more aggressive 295/70R18 tires, Rough Country fender flares, and Bora wheel spacers.

*As a sidenote...Let me just say that for those who live in the Nashville area, I 100% recommend the guys at Crazy Town Customs. Very knowledgable and kept me up to date throughout the entire process. These guys have built multiple trucks for some recent Jason Aldean music videos (hence the name "Cray Town" Customs). Anyways, looking forward to the next project and will definitely be using these guys once again!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love the look of the three inch lift. I've been thinking about it for a bit now and may pull the trigger this summer. I know you just got it done, but what changes in the MPG have you observed? How much time did the shop take to install? With all the dedicated time and tools was it just a couple hours?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the look of the three inch lift. I've been thinking about it for a bit now and may pull the trigger this summer. I know you just got it done, but what changes in the MPG have you observed? How much time did the shop take to install? With all the dedicated time and tools was it just a couple hours?
Haven’t had enough drive time to tell any difference in MPG’s, but I don’t expect TOO big a difference as I still have the factory treads mounted. I had the shop order the parts ahead of time then dropped the truck off Wednesday around lunch when they arrived. Early Thursday evening I got a call that the install / alignment was complete and truck was ready to be picked up. Will definitely update the MPG’s after a week of good drive time. On looks alone, you won’t be disappointed!

Reactions: GreenMountaineer

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2013 titan sv and I've been looking into the RC 3" with the lifting struts, control arms and rear block. Not sure if it's the same one your referring too but I've been thinking about it and if you like it I'll probably pull the trigger and get it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2013 titan sv and I've been looking into the RC 3" with the lifting struts, control arms and rear block. Not sure if it's the same one your referring too but I've been thinking about it and if you like it I'll probably pull the trigger and get it.
Per Rough Country's website, the 3" Lift Kit is exactly the same for ALL Titans from 04-18. I absolutely love it and have gotten a bunch of positive comments on it. Have been pouring on the miles since I picked it up last Thursday evening and gas mileage has stayed the same. I attribute this to keeping the stock treads for the time being. You won't be disappointed!

3in Bolt-On Kit for 04-17 Nissan 2wd/4wd Titan Pickup | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

Reactions: mobes313

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. Did you get a set of longer bump stops installed also?
Not as of yet. Then again, I haven’t taken it wheeling either, just normal everyday driving until I can order a set.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What size spares are you running. I have the same set up and want to keep the factory wheels just want them to stick out more
2” Bora spacers. However, you will need to do the pinch weld mod as the tires will rub a bit. Once that is done though, no rub whatsoever.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On the RC website, it has an option to buy new shocks. It looks like you stuck with the stock Bilstein shocks, correct? How have these worked out for you - enough travel on them?
Correct, I stuck with the factory Bilsteins and have not had a SINGLE issue with ride quality since the kit was installed. Still going strong...

Reactions: mobes313

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have the 2017 Pro 4X with the Rough Country 3 Inch Lift but with bigger tires and different rims. Original Bilsteins. See below Pics

Reactions: mobes313 and MB8W

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks ..having an issue now with overheating pulling the boat out that may need to be brought to the forum cant find it or anyone with the same truck that has had it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Go to my YouTube for all the specs...search Josh fulghum

1 - 20 of 36 Posts