Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good 2" leveling kit for the 4x2 SV Titan?
I want to stay with the same size wheel 18" but what tires would be best?
I don't want to go oversized but maybe an All Terrain that will fill some of the void.

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,315 Posts
probably any since 2" is most likely a spacer that sits above the spring. sometimes you can get stuff like that on the clearance or scratch and dent section of off-road kit sites for super cheap.

i wonder what the diameter of the spring coil is on the first gen versus the second gen? that would probably make it really easy to find stuff if the springs are the same diameter in the mount on the truck

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not sure. First time I’ve thought about doing it. I just don’t like how the nose dips down. One guy at the tire shop suggested I go with 2” drop shackles in the rear instead. Said it’s cheaper and would level it our without have to worry about the tire size to fill the void with the 2” level in the front. I don’t want/need the 4x4 look on a 4x2 just want it level.
One person said I’d need to go to a 20” wheel and tire or a bigger 18” tire fit it to look good with the level. IDK

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,315 Posts
i would definitely do a drop shackle, if you are fine with that. i have done that many times on 2x4 vehicles that the rear end was a lot taller. i like a level look on trucks too.

and your rear drop shackles are easily available at your local auto parts place on the shelf.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would definitely do a drop shackle, if you are fine with that. i have done that many times on 2x4 vehicles that the rear end was a lot taller. i like a level look on trucks too.

and your rear drop shackles are easily available at your local auto parts place on the shelf.
I think that's what I'll do because I can tell by looking I'd have to go bigger tires. I did it on a 2011 Extended Cab Silverado and it looked great.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,315 Posts
The last two I did were chevy also. A 94 silverado extended cab and a 79 heavy half step side. Both looked alot better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts