Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, bought a new Titan SV 4x4 this past Tuesday got in my opinion a great price 35800 out the door not including my trade. Jumped in my fancy new truck (after almost 4.5) hours of sitting at the dealership getting excuses about why the truck was not ready. I got about 10 miles down the road and the electrical system went bat **** crazy pulled over to the side of the road and the truck died dealer came out jumped the truck and drove it back to the dealership and installed a new battery and sent me on the way (also to note I was treated like crap at the dealership) I got home and went inside and ate dinner my wife said she needed something at the store so I said I would go went out side to get in the truck only to find the door latches frozen shut... Thanks to Titan talk I found out about the TSB for the door latches so after my far less than stellar experience at the purchasing dealership I took it to the one near my office to see if the could help me. They looked up the TSB and said they could order the parts and they should be there by the next day we'll given that we had a blizzard forecast for the next day I took the truck with me climbing in through the passenger door. Drove into work the next day in the snow and half way there the windshield wipers just stopped in the middle of the window.... Did I mention it was a blizzard? Dealership was closed so I went by there the next day to talk to them about the wipers and on the way I was talking on my phone through the Bluetooth and the stereo head unit just randomly rebooted and dropped my call and came up with the Nissan logo. This is my 6th Nissan and my third Titan and I am royally pissed off at this point Nissan has been pleasant and responsive so far however I have now been told that the door latches are back ordered and I clearly have some sort of electrical issue that resulted in the dead battery and the radio rebooting. So I have owned a Titan for not quite a week and it has only been in my possession for less than 24 hours total and has had three separate trips to the dealership FML

·
Registered
70 Posts
Document everything. Every model from every manufacturer has an occasional lemon and it’s possible you got one. If you did, there’s a federal protocol for getting you your money back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Document everything. Every model from every manufacturer has an occasional lemon and it’s possible you got one. If you did, there’s a federal protocol for getting you your money back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh I know it happens just sucks because I was really on the fence about buying it because I had a perfectly serviceable Murano with 65000 miles that I inherited when we traded in my 2011 Titan with 165000 on a Pathfinder this past spring. So after all that to end up with a lemon... Nissan has already submitted the truck for a new vehicle replacement review, we shall see how that pans out also finally was able to get ahold of one of the owners of the dealership (it's a large chain) and he seemed genuinely appalled at how I was treated by the dealership and his service manager agrees with me that the truck has an electrical issue, and then this weekend I got a little tidbit of information that when I broke down on the side of the road and the dealer came to get me they didn't document the breakdown or battery replacement on the trucks maintenance ledger. Which is the other part that sucks about this whole adventure as it will negatively affect my resale value down the road if any one bothers to look at the maintenance records.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So an update on this, got the truck back last Saturday 10 days ahead of schedule, Nissan overnighted the parts in from somewhere. The new vehicle replacement was denied(not surprised) however Nissan is working up some sort of compensation for the inconveniences. Anyone in the CT area ... Crowley Nissan in Bristol took very good care of me.

Other than the initial problems truck is awesome, and the best part so far was the guy who thoroughly encouraged me to buy a Ford f150 had his door locks freeze this morning and had to tow the truck (it's three months old)

·
Registered
181 Posts
So an update on this, got the truck back last Saturday 10 days ahead of schedule, Nissan overnighted the parts in from somewhere. The new vehicle replacement was denied(not surprised) however Nissan is working up some sort of compensation for the inconveniences. Anyone in the CT area ... Crowley Nissan in Bristol took very good care of me.

Other than the initial problems truck is awesome, and the best part so far was the guy who thoroughly encouraged me to buy a Ford f150 had his door locks freeze this morning and had to tow the truck (it's three months old)
Nissan gave me 500 bucks for the bull crap I have had to go through on my truck and its still going on. Hope you do better, as far as I am concerned head office can stick it where the sun dont shine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
terry32506
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing