Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 doesn’t want to shift until it tachs about 2000. Which is probably normal under most driving conditions. But when I’m in a 35 mph speed zone or less it tachs high unless I get up to 40. At rare times if I start off very slow it will shift at lower rpms and can do 30 at about 1000 rpms. I had the truck at a Nissan dealer and they said the parameters were set correctly and it didn’t mimic what I described which is bull bc it always does it. 99.9 % of the time anyway. When I bought the truck used it had What looked like a back yard duel exhaust job with Thrush mufflers and just wondering if it created some kind of back pressure issue. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
That’s weird my 2018 non xd does exactly what your describing. I usually drive 5 over, so I drive at 40mph a lot..if I do 41-42 it will shift and drop the rpms, drop speed back to 40 and it shifts and rpm is just about 2k rpm. Then every once in a blue moon I will be doing 38-40 and the rpms are just over 1k. I just figured it was normal, annoying though. My truck is stock.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I believe there was a transmission reprogram for those years. Maybe your dealer doesn't know about it which is quite possible. I 2019 non XD will up shift until it's very happy and about 12 or 1300 RPM rolling along.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s weird my 2018 non xd does exactly what your describing. I usually drive 5 over, so I drive at 40mph a lot..if I do 41-42 it will shift and drop the rpms, drop speed back to 40 and it shifts and rpm is just about 2k rpm. Then every once in a blue moon I will be doing 38-40 and the rpms are just over 1k. I just figured it was normal, annoying though. My truck is stock.
Does your truck also downshift as soon as you get around 35? This is killing my mpg. I live close to work and only avg 11 mpg. In colder weather mpg is worse.
I believe there was a transmission reprogram for those years. Maybe your dealer doesn't know about it which is quite possible. I 2019 non XD will up shift until it's very happy and about 12 or 1300 RPM rolling along.

Thanks, time to bug the dealer again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My truck downshift for a little engine braking action kind of like a mild tow mode. But it definitely doesn't feel like it's affecting my fuel economy just shaving my brakes a little bit. I actually like it quite a bit. When I was doing strictly City driving to and from work my overall average dropped into the High 13s and I am pretty gentle with the throttle. I started taking the highway to work even though it's 8 Miles instead of 5 taking back roads and my overall fuel economy is doing better.
Your XD has different rear end gears and is heavier so it will always do worse than the non. There should be some write-ups about the transmission shift reprogram here on the Forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does your truck also downshift as soon as you get around 35? This is killing my mpg. I live close to work and only avg 11 mpg. In colder weather mpg is worse.

Thanks, time to bug the dealer again.
My truck stays in the same gear from around 30-32 all the way up to 41ish and when I’m at 35 it holds the gear and I’m at about 1500rpm or so...
I will have to bug my dealer about the reprogram too lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts