Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2018 pro 4x, I am completely new to trucks. I would like to get a small lift on it. I was thinking about a RC 3" ,but instead of using their blocks I was thinking about using Bilstein 5100 adjusted to 1.7" and on the rear instead of a block using an add aleaf with another set of bilstein 5100. Right now the truck sits 37.5" in the front and 39" in the rear.
Would this work? Can I get some input or suggestions on this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just put the RC 3" on my 2019 Pro 4X and it rides good. It comes with everything you need. Afterwards I did end up ordering the rear shocks because I believe when I go over a speed bump, the factory Bilsteins may be stroking out (if I hit the bump a little quick). But I went with the rear blocks the kit came with. Still waiting on the RC N3 shocks to arrive at the house

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
If you want 3" of lift in the front, you're going to come short of that with the Bilsteins, or get a very harsh ride from too much spring preload. You can do the RC kit, or you can get new UCAs (various brands), the Bilsteins, a spacer for the top of the Bilstein, and any combination of block/add-a-leaf in the back to achieve the height you want. My experience with add-a-leaf setups is that they are invariably bouncy as the lift springs are too stiff to maintain a decent ride. They lift, but they are stiff as heck doing it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How tall are the spacers that come with the RC 3" kit? I think I would rather buy a solid billet ones.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Yes, I think blocks in the back are better than add a leaf setups. Ultimately, for much over a couple or three inches, you're likely to want a pair of springs with a different arch, but similar spring rate to what you have, so your ride is the same but you're lifted by the added arch. Those can be both expensive and difficult to find. But for what you're after, blocks are likely the best option. Anything less than 2" in the back is likely to be very manageable, but as you go higher, you do risk getting more axle wrap under heavy power.

As for the front, I'm not sure what the actual height of the spacers is on the RC kit, but it equates to 3" at the spindle. That's the most you want to go up on a 4x4 because of stress on the CV joints at taller angles. You can buy billet spacers online for $50 a pair, in just about any lift height you need. I just bought some 2" spacers and have Bilstein 5100s which I'll set on the middle perch for my 2011, which will give me 3" in the front. I'm going to raise the back about 2.5", as I like a bit of rake, using 1.5" blocks and 1" lift shackles. Hoping to get it done in the next few weeks. Got the wrong shackles first time around (wrong part number assigned to the Titan, so they don't fit, but ORW is exchanging them for me), so delayed in getting it all on. If you go more than 1" in the rear, you'll need new rear shocks, also. If you have any questions, ORW can help you out. They used to be a forum sponsor, and may still be. They give a TitanTalk discount, if you contact Mike ORW on Facebook.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it, thank you. I am pretty set on putting a 1.5" spacer on the front ant 1" block on the rear with Bilstein 5100 for 4 corners on the lowest perch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts