Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just purchased a 2018 SV King Cab up here in Canada and the Fog lights are actually the Day Time running lights. Does any one know if there is a way to install a switch so that they could also be used for Fog Lights. This baffles me why they would set them up like that.

Thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
From your post, I assume you have fog lamps and they are the day time running lamps; however, you do not have a fog lamp switch. This does not make sense. Can you post a picture of the left side of your dash with the switches, and the front with fog lamps? Did you buy the truck new?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From your post, I assume you have fog lamps and they are the day time running lamps; however, you do not have a fog lamp switch. This does not make sense. Can you post a picture of the left side of your dash with the switches, and the front with fog lamps? Did you buy the truck new?
I just purchased the truck (have 4000kms on it). Dealership said that this model these are the day time running lights. Said in other 2018 models the daytime running lights are in the headlight assembly and those have fog lights that actually operate like fog lights. But my 2018 King Cab Sv has them in this insane configuration. I'm wondering if I could buy the factory switch and install it in one of the blank switch plates. See attached photos

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I'm Canadian as well and bought a 2018 SV crew. I added the factory switch and the lights didnt work so then i ordered the canbus ballast and now the fog lights work off of the switch but not as running lights.

[ame]https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B072F6XJK3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

I'm Canadian as well and bought a 2018 SV crew. I added the factory switch and the lights didnt work so then i ordered the canbus ballast and now the fog lights work off of the switch but not as running lights.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B072F6XJK3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

dan
It must be some kind of King Cab Frankenstein-ed thing as I have no switch and the Foglights only come on when I have the headlights off they then act as Running Lights it's so damn crazy as to why Nissan would have them set up that way.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just purchased the truck (have 4000kms on it). Dealership said that this model these are the day time running lights. Said in other 2018 models the daytime running lights are in the headlight assembly and those have fog lights that actually operate like fog lights. But my 2018 King Cab Sv has them in this insane configuration. I'm wondering if I could buy the factory switch and install it in one of the blank switch plates. See attached photos
Thanks for posting the pictures. It is a strange set up. For an official solution, at least consult the dealer to see if you have options.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think (not certain) that if you have DRL in the Foglight, and want both, you need a different fixture with a second bulb. Mine has the LED DRL's, but when some ID10T smashed my bumper and ran, leaving the fog lamp busted, I called looking for a replacement. My discussion with the Parts Dept says there are two different part numbers if they also serve as DRL. This is a Canada only part as well, they aren't built that way for the US market.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

[ame]LED EAGLE H8 H9 H11 TIPM Decoders Anti Flicker Module Canbus Ballast Error Free Computer Warning Canceler Capacitor Wiring Harness for 2009-2019 Dodge RAM Ford Chrysler Chevrolet GMC Volkswagen Volvo, 1 Pair, LED Accent Lights - Amazon Canada

dan
I think (not certain) that if you have DRL in the Foglight, and want both, you need a different fixture with a second bulb. Mine has the LED DRL's, but when some ID10T smashed my bumper and ran, leaving the fog lamp busted, I called looking for a replacement. My discussion with the Parts Dept says there are two different part numbers if they also serve as DRL. This is a Canada only part as well, they aren't built that way for the US market.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So if I put in the led lights and the ballast kit you shared and get a stock switch it will work off the switch? Was the wiring for the switch already on the truck?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So if I put in the led lights and the ballast kit you shared and get a stock switch it will work off the switch? Was the wiring for the switch already on the truck?
It was prewired for me and the stock switch worked fine. Seems to me that I ordered the switch off of ebay and had it sent to my PO box in Blaine as the price difference between American and Canadian was quite large.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

[ame]LED EAGLE H8 H9 H11 TIPM Decoders Anti Flicker Module Canbus Ballast Error Free Computer Warning Canceler Capacitor Wiring Harness for 2009-2019 Dodge RAM Ford Chrysler Chevrolet GMC Volkswagen Volvo, 1 Pair, LED Accent Lights - Amazon Canada[/ame]

dan
It was prewired for me and the stock switch worked fine. Seems to me that I ordered the switch off of ebay and had it sent to my PO box in Blaine as the price difference between American and Canadian was quite large.
so switch and ballast kit and everything has worked fine since? I’m pretty sure we have the same truck ... Nissan told me you can’t do it but that’s The dealership

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's been fine for me, not issues at all. Mind you, I don't drive with my fogs on all that often, just when I need to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts