Nissan Titan Forum banner

2018 Titan accessories

3K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Loudcherokee 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

Finally got my Titan. Already ordered the console cell phone holder, side steps, and a tonneau cover. Gonna get set up with Line-X soon. Im now looking for storage options.

My Titan SV lacks any under seat storage tray or compartment to keep certain things id like to keep inside the truck from rolling around. Is there an aftermarket storage solution that fits under the crew cab rear seats?

Also, this will occasionally be a grocery-getter. I would like a way to be able to utilize say the rear 1/3rd of the bed and block off the front 2/3 so stuff doesn't roll around all over on the way home from the store. Is there a product that can allow me to do this? I've seen a couple of things on Amazon, but they seem to be directed more towards a hard box or a flimsy cargo net like found in the back of SUVs. Im thinking along the lines of some kind of divider to basically create a "trunk" of sorts in the back of my bed. Something easily removable or stowable when not needed or used. Any ideas? This is my first truck in over 20 years so I'm not sure whats out there.

LC

#2 ·
They make this divider, part 999T7-W4300 .
Not sure if it works with Titan Boxes.

We ended up just using one of these tension bars that we place near the back, $15 at Princess Auto (Canada) and sure you can find them even cheaper at Menards, or Harbor Freight. Works great, stays put, we have the store bins, so I installed this in far enough that the bins just fit with the gate up.
I have though of making something out of plywood that would be able to be hooked into the rails on the sides of the bed as well, like a breakwall

#5 ·
and you can get a factory tailgate extender that, when folder inwards and tailgate up makes a little place like you want to make. that's what i used mine for on my frontier, to keep stuff from sliding around under the bed cover.

once i figure a way to make my cover fit with my sports bar, i will put my extender back in so i can use it to make that storage spot again. i take it out right now because i don't want someone to attempt to steal it and tear something up on my truck

#9 ·
Our PR has the built in under seat storage, which serve their purpose. I am trying to convince my wife (it's her daily driver) to get a behind the seat storage solution, for storing flashlight, rags, etc etc.like this

Another option we looked at for the bed, but it's pricy for what it is was this... I thought I could make my own somehow with the redactable cargo bars

#11 ·
I may have to check out the weathertech. There is a similar product from a no name on Amazon but its 60 bucks more.

Does anyone know of a good switched fuse in the fuse panel I can tap into with a add-a-fuse? I'd like to use the direct wire on my radar detector instead of the coiley chord hanging down.

LC

#13 ·
I may have to check out the weathertech. There is a similar product from a no name on Amazon but its 60 bucks more.

Does anyone know of a good switched fuse in the fuse panel I can tap into with a add-a-fuse? I'd like to use the direct wire on my radar detector instead of the coiley chord hanging down.

LC

i don't see lots of people with radar detectors anymore. now that the speed limits are decent. 55mph sucked for driving across texas but 75-85 is nice enough that you don't need to worry about being pulled over anymore.

is your state still a slow speed state?

you can just put a test light on the sides and see which works for what you want. they are cheap at Walmart or the local autoparts place. less than 10 bucks i bet

#16 ·
Have you thought about getting an SUV? I hear Rogues are decent SUVs....

Haha! I see what you did there!

The rogue really was a nice vehicle, but my family just outgrew it. And coming from driving V8s and a supercharged V6, I couldn't get over the anemic performance of the little 4 cylinder.

I did look at SUVs, but was looking at full size options. Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition, Armada. All were way out of my price range. The wife liked the pathfinders, but I felt like they look like a minivan without sliding doors, and in order to add the third row they compromised on middle row legroom. I liked the pathfinder when it first came back out. It was closer to Armada size and more square.

LC

#22 ·
Here’s a picture of my board divider. :)
Hey thats pretty neat! I have some lumber laying around i could make one pretty easy. I'll wait till after my appt with Linex later this month to mess with it though. My tonneau cover should be here either this weekend or early next week, along with my nerf bar steps.

I got so used to the bright white LED lights I had installed in my rogue, I had to order some for the titan, along with the factory fog light kit. Driving home in the dark had me wondering how I could ever see anything with those yellowish halogen bulbs.

I also solved my radar detector issue. While digging around for my fuse tap connectors, I found my mirror tap chord and plugged into the back of the mirror. Voila, no running wires and no chords hanging from my rear view mirror to the dash.

LC

#23 ·
Hi folks,

Finally got my Titan. Already ordered the console cell phone holder, side steps, and a tonneau cover. Gonna get set up with Line-X soon. Im now looking for storage options.

My Titan SV lacks any under seat storage tray or compartment to keep certain things id like to keep inside the truck from rolling around. Is there an aftermarket storage solution that fits under the crew cab rear seats?

Also, this will occasionally be a grocery-getter. I would like a way to be able to utilize say the rear 1/3rd of the bed and block off the front 2/3 so stuff doesn't roll around all over on the way home from the store. Is there a product that can allow me to do this? I've seen a couple of things on Amazon, but they seem to be directed more towards a hard box or a flimsy cargo net like found in the back of SUVs. Im thinking along the lines of some kind of divider to basically create a "trunk" of sorts in the back of my bed. Something easily removable or stowable when not needed or used. Any ideas? This is my first truck in over 20 years so I'm not sure whats out there.

LC
I just installed a Decked system in my 2018 SV.

#24 ·
Is that the one that raises the bed floor and has pull out drawers underneath the top floor section?

I'd considered one of those, but for my uses it seems a bit of overkill. If I were using my truck for work and needed to keep lots of tools and stuff, I would maybe go that route but for now I just need something simple.

I may either go the route of the 2x6 or 2x8 in the slots, or ive also seen something at Walmart by Plano called a Trunk box. Its a heavy duty rectangular box with a lid that I can mount up front, and ratchet strap it down to the front tie downs. I haven't decided which way I want to go yet.

LC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.