Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got a 19 SL Midnight....currently has 1400 miles on it, and I'm watching and listening every day like a hawk....def does better in tow haul mode than reg, will check my build date tomorrow...but I'm the first 19 on this thread that might have a small issue as well. The kicker is I sell Titans for a living, and a couple of techs have them as well, I was a mechanic for 25 years prior to selling them, and 2 techs have already replaced their trannys under warranty....soooooo we all watch ours daily....so I'll keep this thread posted if and when the 19 follows suit with the others on here.

Cheers
Marc

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2018 SV with just under 1000 miles. Ride is nice and smooth, but I must say that it doesn't respond well to bumps on the road. It's night and day when I sit in with my friend's new GMC Sierra to compare.

Lets say if I drove over a raised sewer cover or a very small pothole, the truck sounds very "clunky", if you will. Everytime I run over one, it's clunk clunk clunk, as if the shocks were giving out and things were loose/vibrating underneath. When my buddy drive his Sierra through the same stuff, it's noticeably smoother with less clunky sound and feel.

Don't know it's just my truck? Either way, I'm not sure if I can say it's a solidly built vehicle.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I have a 2018 SV with just under 1000 miles. Ride is nice and smooth, but I must say that it doesn't respond well to bumps on the road. It's night and day when I sit in with my friend's new GMC Sierra to compare.

Lets say if I drove over a raised sewer cover or a very small pothole, the truck sounds very "clunky", if you will. Everytime I run over one, it's clunk clunk clunk, as if the shocks were giving out and things were loose/vibrating underneath. When my buddy drive his Sierra through the same stuff, it's noticeably smoother with less clunky sound and feel.

Don't know it's just my truck? Either way, I'm not sure if I can say it's a solidly built vehicle.
Mine feels the same way. I know exactly what you are talking about. It's a Pro4x

·
Registered
92 Posts

Different suspension system. He's probably got the GM Autoride system. Its electronic suspension system. Titans are a lot stiffer. I've got a lot experience with them. I had to replace the Delphi shocks and the compressor @ 100k in my Yukon. Total pain in the a$$ and cost me fortune. I did the work my self. Ill take bumpy Titan suspension system any day of week. Its a lot simpler!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I kinda wish engineers would have made shift pattern a little smoother. Like other have said. Seems a little sluggish off the line. I might through a Pedal Commander in mine. Other then that solid truck. Compared to other trucks I like the simplicity of the Titan. Pretty easy to work on. I love the placement of oil filter. Real easy to get on and off unlike the Rams and Fords I've worked on. I had the dealer do a ECM update. Seems to be getting better gas mileage now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Different suspension system. He's probably got the GM Autoride system. Its electronic suspension system. Titans are a lot stiffer. I've got a lot experience with them. I had to replace the Delphi shocks and the compressor @ 100k in my Yukon. Total pain in the a$$ and cost me fortune. I did the work my self. Ill take bumpy Titan suspension system any day of week. Its a lot simpler!
Good point. I'm pretty content, especially knowing that it's standard for all Titans.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Mine is the same but dealer did replace one of the sway bar bushing at 5000 km and did help. but it still does it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
How did you, or the dealer got around to finding out you need to change the bushing? Thanks.
Just like you said I bought the truck as a demo about 5000 km on it. Drove it for a week and didn't like the klunk so I brought it in and told them about it. They looked into it and told me one side was bad other was good so they replaced one side. It did help some.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just got a 19 SL Midnight....currently has 1400 miles on it, and I'm watching and listening every day like a hawk....def does better in tow haul mode than reg, will check my build date tomorrow...but I'm the first 19 on this thread that might have a small issue as well. The kicker is I sell Titans for a living, and a couple of techs have them as well, I was a mechanic for 25 years prior to selling them, and 2 techs have already replaced their trannys under warranty....soooooo we all watch ours daily....so I'll keep this thread posted if and when the 19 follows suit with the others on here.

Cheers
Marc
I have an 18 brand new and just want to know..what exactly are you watching out for??? What contitutes them as bad trannys?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased my 2018 Titan SV 4x4 new on 4-30-19. I was actually in the market for a used truck until I found about the $6,000 rebates plus additional dealer discounts at that time to get rid of the remaining 2018’s. My truck is an SV 4x4 with the Covenience Package, Utility Package, Tow Package, splash guards and floor mats. The sticker price was $47,215 and I got it out the door with T.T.T. for $33,400, not much more than most of the used trucks I had looked at. I added a Bakflip MX4 tonneau cover, which I highly recommend, 5” oval running boards, factory fog lights. I test drove a 2018 Chevy Silverado Z71, but it felt sluggish compared to the Titan. I looked at F150s’ and Rams’ but the Titan towed more than all of the other base engine trucks, was far less expensive because of the discounts and rebates than the other trucks trim levels with larger engines, and Titan had a much longer warranty with 5yr/ 100,000 miles bumper to bumper. Overall, I am very happy with the Titan in every way. I didn’t want or need more gadgets than the Titan has. I like the look of the truck (mine is Brilliant Silver with black cloth interior), it rides very good, the cabin is quiet, it has excellent power. I would have liked a black leather interior but I didn’t want to pay the extra cost. I would also have liked the locking rear differential of the Pro-4X, but didn’t want to pay the extra cost (no dealers anywhere near me had leftover 2018 Pro-4X models anyway). I wish it did get better fuel economy, but I didn’t buy it for that. I have had a slight problem with the transmission feeling like it didn’t know which gear it should be in sometimes, this is most evident when driving low speeds on curvy mountain roads. I just had the truck in for it’s first oil change at 5500 miles yesterday and I asked the dealer to check out the transmission. They said they could not get it to duplicate the problem and there were no updates for 2018 transmissions. I will have to see how this continues to do. I was also not part of the alternator harness recall I read about on another post. My manufacture date was 05/2018.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 18 brand new and just want to know..what exactly are you watching out for??? What contitutes them as bad trannys?

It’s going to be the odd shift patterns...and in saying that...I know have over 5000 miles on mine, and with the addition of the pedal commander and AFE intake, I have had zero problems with my Tranny so far...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts