Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I purchased my 2018 Titan SV 4x4 the day after this past Christmas and have since put around 14K mostly trouble free miles on it.

We use it pretty regularly to tow a small travel trailer with a GVW around 4000 lbs which the truck handles very well. The truck has the tow package and I engage tow mode while operating.

Lately when we take longer trips (over 2 hours) I get a warning that says: "Warning 4wd Error See Owner's Manual" along with ABS and traction control lights. When arriving at a recent destination (after getting the error/warning) I engaged 4WD when we got to a gravel patch and the system wouldn't engage. I then turned the truck off and all warning lights went away and 4WD engaged. All was well until we were on the way home and the same thing happened.

The truck was at the dealer last week and they couldn't figure it out. It's at the dealer again today (we were camping this weekend) and I'm told they'll be working directly with Nissan to diagnose the issue.

Has anyone out there experienced this? Any insight into the error and possible fix?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
69,773 Posts
Try topping off the brake fluid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update as of this afternoon. The dealer is replacing the front diff actuator which they think may overheat due to a manufacturing defect. They cannot get the problem to re-occur as it requires towing for a few hours.

The solution will be to have me drive the vehicle with the new part and see if the warning comes on again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update as of this afternoon. The dealer is replacing the front diff actuator which they think may overheat due to a manufacturing defect. They cannot get the problem to re-occur as it requires towing for a few hours.

The solution will be to have me drive the vehicle with the new part and see if the warning comes on again.
Hi, Did replacing the front diff actuator fix the problem? Did they have to replace the T-case at all? I had something similar happen to my SV. Basically I was making a right turn, pulling away from a stop sign. The truck began shuddering as if the transmission or T-case was slipping for about 2 seconds. Then it gave me a 4WD error code warning and then a the engine light and ATP light came on and then the truck no longer recognized the key. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts