Nissan Titan Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, new to the forum.

I have a 17 Titan S, I replaced the stock head (no nav or backup cam) unit with a boss unit and backup cam. I'm having issues with my steering wheel buttons, I didn't install the resistor yet, it's coming Monday. I called axxess and they said that will fix my problem. My question is did anyone that has a S model retain their dashboard controls? If so what is your secret.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello! I have an S and wasn’t able to keep my steering wheel controls working correctly, however I was able to keep control of the dashboard cluster.

With the ASWC-1, more buttons worked, but the dashboard controls were hella jumpy. I also lost my MPG, AVG speed and engine time meters in the menus. I had to press a button three or four times to make it work. The volume up/down was the seek and seek was the hang up/pick up buttons.

I changed to the PAC SWC unit using the resistor and that made my dashboard control buttons work fine, but most of the stereo buttons don’t work. Only seek down works, which is volume up and hang up which is now volume works. None of the other buttons work. I just deal with it and use the buttons in the new head unit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Hi all, new to the forum.

I have a 17 Titan S, I replaced the stock head (no nav or backup cam) unit with a boss unit and backup cam. I'm having issues with my steering wheel buttons, I didn't install the resistor yet, it's coming Monday. I called axxess and they said that will fix my problem. My question is did anyone that has a S model retain their dashboard controls? If so what is your secret.
What buttons aren’t working correctly for you?

·
Registered
8 Posts

[/QUOTE]
Not a single one, the peps at axxess said it bc I don't have a resistor on it. On Monday I will though so I'll let you know what that does for it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not a single one, the peps at axxess said it bc I don't have a resistor on it. On Monday I will though so I'll let you know what that does for it.
[/QUOTE]

When I called axxes, they told me the setup was different for the S models as resistive wires are used. They told me to follow the steps for a 2015 Titan using wires 6,15 and 16.

the pink wires the directions say to use are only for models that have type A tachometer, which the S model is type B.

i have the ESM pages for all the cabling and spent days messing with it and gave up.

let me know if you have better luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No sir not yet, I sent back the boss radio and axxess harness. And I ordered a pioneer radio and new axxess harness. I'm gonna try to install it on Sunday when I get back in town.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts