Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m removing the head unit on my 2018 Titan in favor of an Alpine unit. Has anyone been successful in retaining the factory XM antenna? Does anyone know where the current factory XM tuner is located at?
ill have to buy an aftermarket V300 tuner for the radio. But I’d like to try to adapt the factory Sirius antenna to the new Sirius tuner.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You can check the Titan XD manuals available on line for 2016 (last year they were made available). A quick internet search will bring them up. The XD and regular Titan wiring harnesses for the cab are generally the same so you should be able to trace out which wires on which connector are the correct ones. I suspect that the antenna will work if you can tap into it the right spot.

AFAIK, or can tell from the bit of tracing I have done, the XM function is a part of the head unit in the Titan. This is unlike other truck mfgs where the Sirius/XM tuner is often separate from the head unit. I had no trouble retaining Sirius on my last head swap on a Chevy because the Sirius tuner was actually behind the back seat. For a Titan head swap you would generally need to add a new XM tuner to retain the function, but if you make your own connectors you could retain the factory antenna. However, it might be more trouble than it's worth. I just swapped the head that was in my former Chev into my wife's Juke and bought a new XM tuner. It was easier to just use the new antenna provided with the tuner, it sits right behind the original and you can't see the wiring at all; was easily hidden. Might be a little harder on the T due to the location, but with a bit of thought I'm sure you can do it.

ETA: Did a little digging through the AV section. It looks like the Titan has a standard FAKRA type connector for the XM antenna at the radio head unit (my opinion based on the drawing of the connector pinout - it doesn't say it's FAKRA). They do make FAKRA adapters, but when I check on Crutchfield it says "not compatible" with my 2nd gen (NAV, no amp). However, I don't think that Crutchfield has tested much of anything with the 2nd generation Titan (others have reporting wiring harness parts marked "not compatible" that work just fine with second gen). Probably worth the $20 or less to order one and try it out. Send it back if it doesn't actually work, but I would bet a beer that it would work.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It hasn't changed, AFAIK. The sirius antenna connector will be the plug you need, just take off the housing of the Fakra connector and plug into the SXV300 tuner (which plugs into aftermarket headunit).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts