Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Titan Talk Family,

Need some help! Been doing my research and visited my local dealership.

QUESTION: Can the 2020 Nissan Titan Instrument Cluster (Gauge Cluster) be placed into a 2019 Nissan Titan?

BACKGROUND: Wife has the 2019 Nissan Murano with the exact same setup and has some features I enjoy when driving her vehicle (digital speedometer, speed limit signs, bigger screen, etc.).

Measuring them out with just a tape measurer, they are very similar, but I haven't looked at the wiring diagram. Additionally, I know the new 2020 Instrument Cluster would have to be flashed with the odometer reading and VIN from my 2019 Titan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Very Respectfully,

Tony Larison

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Team,

Was able to find the pin connections on the back of the 2019 Nissan Titan Instrument Cluster. It has a 12 pin and 40 pin connector. Have also verified that the 2020 model unit will fit, just need to know how many pins are on the back of the connectors. Additionally, if anyone has information on what each pin does, that would help, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what I've been able to dig up so far. Any help would be appreciated as I see two major differences:

-Airbag Connection
-Speed sending for stereo sound control

If anyone works at a dealership that can test a 2020 cluster in a 2019, can you also let me know if it works?

Tony

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks like the 2020s have an additional connection at the back. Likely complicates things quite a bit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone work at a dealership that can find out the back fitment on this so we can close it out? I know it's off-VIN, but seems like the major difference is the airbag connections and the music sensor for high speed is swapped to a different pin. I'd be ready to upgrade to 2020 cluster to get digital speedometer and speed limits.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not a problem at all! Other than phone holder (which I bought), this is only upgrade from 2020 model I wanted. If anyone can look at wiring diagrams and want to chat here about it - would be great. If a dealership technician has time to try and see if it will install in a 2016-2019, that would be awesome!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is what I've been able to dig up so far. Any help would be appreciated as I see two major differences:

-Airbag Connection
-Speed sending for stereo sound control

If anyone works at a dealership that can test a 2020 cluster in a 2019, can you also let me know if it works?

Tony
Hi buddy, first of all thank you for uploading the schematics for the 2019 combination meter, would you have the schematics for the Fender Audio/ AV with Navigation and Amp as it is called by manufacturer? I have been looking everywhere I would like to identify and confirm the 20 pin connector which I almost have using my multimeter but the 40 pin behind the stereo is the one I really need to identify and pin out. If you do have schematics could you upload them please.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi buddy, first of all thank you for uploading the schematics for the 2019 combination meter, would you have the schematics for the Fender Audio/ AV with Navigation and Amp as it is called by manufacturer? I have been looking everywhere I would like to identify and confirm the 20 pin connector which I almost have using my multimeter but the 40 pin behind the stereo is the one I really need to identify and pin out. If you do have schematics could you upload them please.
Thanks in advance.
No, I don't. Best way is to talk to a Nissan Service expert to get them from their technician website.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I like having the digital compass up full-time, which shows an entire picture of all directions. The new dash just shows a quarter of the compass stretching across the screen which looks sort of weird. Also making it harder to get your bearings at a quick glance..

If there was another reason for me NOT to make the swap, that would be it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts