Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time owning a Titan. I've built about every other truck made. There is not much info on what to do, what will fit, and so on for the newer Titan. I wanted to post what I just did in case someone is looking. I was a manager at 4 wheel Parts back in the day and love to work on my own trucks. I understand many of you will bash me for how I accomplished the lift but I spend all my money on both of my son's lacrosse equipment so I did have a budget. Lol.

Everyone will have their own opinion which I respect but please lets not get into things like the rough country control arms suck(true), or preload(blah blah), stacking struts and spacers will ruin the truck(not true), or anything else that is constantly bashed on this forum.

2019 SL 4x4 Midnight Edition Titan
Bilstein 5100's front and back.
Front - BIL24-268189 Set on middle perch. There are 5 settings on these. Middle is supposed to give 1.2 inch of lift
Back - BIL 24-288347 0-1"
(Bought them on Bilsteinlifts.com for 383.56 shipped to my door)
Rough Country 3in kit w/ upper control arms and swapped out the front spacer to a 2" instead of 3" along with a 2" inch rear block kit - Yes I know the shocks are made from 0-1 inch but I have plenty of travel for what I do.
(Bought on Roughcountry.com for 399.95 shipped to my door)
Stock Midnight 20x8 wheels - I didn't want the tires sticking out on this truck. My F250 tires stick out 3 inches which is annoying here in Colorado with snow and crap on the streets.
295/60/20 Atturo Trail Blade XT's (probably the cheapest 295/60/20 made with a 45k mileage warranty)
(Bought at Discount Tire for 173.00 per tire. 827.00 out the door after tax/install)

All in completed price of 1670.51 with an alignment.

This isn't the PRO4X so I had crappy struts and shocks and honestly it drove like an old Cadillac. I was not a fan. Now the truck rides, what is best way to say this, Firm. Not rough, not bouncy, firm. Which I love. It feels very solid and handles bumps and holes with ease. I got right at 3 inches of lift in the front and 2 to the back making it almost dead nuts level. Oh and no Coil Bucket Contact. Tires were put on today and this was the scary part for me. I've read endless posts on this and couldn't find anyone running the size I wanted. I removed the front air dam and front mud flaps and Discount Tire installed today on my stock Midnight wheels. No rubbing at all which was shocking. I was planning on driving straight home to do the PWM and start cutting away. Not needed.

I will be happy to post pics soon as well as answer any questions as I did the kit alone in my garage. For anyone else really wanting to know, like I was, if 295/60/20's would work yes they sure do. Love the way this truck looks and drives now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah lets see some pics! Wish I had mine level, I'm not the tallest and the 6" lift up front barely allows me to see in front of me when in tight spaces, plus I drive far and wish it was lower to handle better on the highway. 3" up front seems perfect but I'd be happy with 4"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will be happy to post pics soon as well as answer any questions as I did the kit alone in my garage. For anyone else really wanting to know, like I was, if 295/60/20's would work yes they sure do. Love the way this truck looks and drives now.
Please post pics when you get a chance! I'd like to see how it looks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts