Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 3rd Nissan - two Murano's and now a 2019 Titan. Love the truck.

It seems like a lot of work went into the design of the "menu system". I put it in quotes because I'm not sure what the official name is. But I have to say, like the Murano's before, the menus are touchy and confusing. Most of the time, when I reach for an icon (like FM radio) the system thinks I want to scroll the menu right or left. It's very difficult to touch the FM icon just right, while driving, to activate it. I'll probably do what I did in the Murano's - just turn the radio on/off and use the "audio" screen to change the source.

But that's not really why I'm posting. My real question is, how do I get the audio to stay OFF when I start the truck? When I start the truck it seems random what the audio system will do. Some times it will...

1. Stay off - yay!
2. Come on the way I had it when the truck was last running - that's ok too
3. Come on playing USB-1. I have a memory stick in USB-1 and the system really seems to like to play it when the truck starts.
3. Come on playing the last thing I was listening to THEN switch to USB-1 without me touching anything!

I thought it might be tied to the seat-memory and FOB memory, so I've been really intentional:

1. Set the seats, steering wheel and mirrors where I want them
2. Turn off the radio
3. Set A/C to Auto
4. Save this config into mem#1

I have not tied either FOB to a memory because I'm the only one who drives the truck. One FOB is in my briefcase, the other hangs by the back door. Depending on where I'm going I may have a different FOB. And, I haven't been able to tie radio startup behavior to a FOB.

So what am I doing wrong? All I really want is for the audio system to be off when I start the truck. If I can't do that, then start up the way I last had it would be ok.

Thanks everyone!

-Brian

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a 2019 Titan. The radio is with navigation but not the top-line unit. What you describe is 'normal' for this radio version. There is no 'hard' switch for power to the radio, tap the OFF button and the screen reads "audio off" but the unit retains power. Hold the power button down for several seconds - radio goes dark but restarts. With only 'soft' switches any 'glitch' on the power bus can change the setting of the switch.

I use Satellite mostly, but have a thumb drive loaded with music plugged into the USB. Upon starting the engine Satellite normally is playing, on occasion the radio will switch to USB either at start or shortly thereafter. A switch will also occur if I travel through a road underpass - or any event that disrupts the satellite signal.

My conclusion is that what you describe is normal for this radio!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Do you use the customizable "menu"?

What model did you get?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have an SV, 4WD. The only features I use are USB, Satellite radio and BT for hands-free phone. May change to an aftermarket radio this spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts