Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting used to my 2019 Platinum Reserve - love this truck!

I have the "Nissan Connect" with Navigation. I don't use the navigation because I find Google Maps on my phone to be more convenient. But here's the thing - even though I am not navigating, I still get warning announcements!

My street was paved about 12 years ago. Every time I leave my driveway or turn onto my street to come home the truck announces "Warning! Unpaved road!"

Over New Years we spent a weekend at the Biltmore in Asheville, NC (beautiful place - highly recommended). As we drove around the grounds, the truck announced "Warning! Roads with limited access!"

Again, I am not navigating. I am not even looking at the map. These announcements were funny in the beginning, now they're getting a bit old. I've scrolled thru the settings menus and can't figure out how to turn these warnings off.

I can call the dealer for help. I thought I'd see if anyone here has any ideas.

Thank you!

·
Registered
224 Posts
My guess would be that this is coming from the Sirius Traffic feature. I know my 2018 with nav doesn't do this, but then I let that part of Sirius expire (I have music only). So when you say not looking at map, you mean that the display is on a radio station or other audio source instead?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess would be that this is coming from the Sirius Traffic feature. ...

So when you say not looking at map, you mean that the display is on a radio station or other audio source instead?
That is correct, or, the audio is off altogether.

That's a great clue - I'll see if there are XM Traffic-related settings to dig into. Thank you!

-Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts