Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had my 2019 Titan a month. Any ideas why the radio comes on intermittently. Truck will be parked looking pretty and then all of a sudden the radio will come on for a quick second but today it lasted a lot longer than usual. Any ideas what I am looking at since this is my first "Big Boy" truck ever?

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
243 Posts
Kind of reminds me of a movie I saw a long time ago. Seriously though, the automatic data transfer is what I think about reading this. Maybe turn that off for a bit to see if it's related. Shouldn't cause it, but this sounds weird enough to be anything. Just wondering what might wake up the infotainment system. Have you reset the system to default?

Might be worth having it checked out for an electrical issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually took the truck to the dealership. They were not familiar with the issue but did say that they had to install an update. Sad part is when they did try to update the radio it would not take and the radio froze. I am still waiting for a new radio to come in so that it can be installed. Going on day 3 now. UGGGG!!!!!

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
243 Posts
Silver lining may be it happened at the dealer and not you some time down the road. Something was definitely wonky about that radio. There’s a thread floating around about the 2020’s getting grounded for infotainment issues and can’t be sold until fixed. I noticed at my dealer the other day that all the 2020’s were in the back. Not on the lot for sale. They’ll get rid of your ghost in the machine, and you’ll be good to go. Take care.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Not sure why the OP is getting anxious. He took his new Titan back to the dealership and they accurately diagnosed a component fault. Once the new headunit comes in, they'll have a factory trained tech install and test it. In the meantime, the defective headunit will only occasionally turn on. But if you know anything about modern manufacturing, there's a certain number of component failures to be expected. Despite rigorous Q&A procedures, there will need to be some repair and replacement. That's why Nissan provides such a good B2B warranty, and it's getting put to good use!

Relax and enjoy your new truck...

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
243 Posts
True. These modern vehicles have advanced tremendously, and with that comes unexpected component failures. I purchased a new Tundra when they first redesigned it. My clock would malfunction when the outside temperature was above 90 degrees. Talk about stump the tech. Took a few trips to the shop for that to get resolved. Funny part was when I got the customer satisfaction survey, the example at the top was "Clock malfunction when temperature is above 90 degrees". Somebody knew. Didn't tell the techs. I just laughed. What else was there to do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So, I had weird electrical stuff with my 2019, including the mystery radio coming on. Dealt with it for months because it would never do it at the dealer. Finally, I got them to agree to take it in on the spot, the next time it malfunctioned. They agreed, and when it happened the next time, we got it in while it was till going haywire, and they found a loose Body Control Module, of all things. Can't say whether mine was a fluke, or might be at the root of your problem too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the dealership installed the new radio. Actually they were very nice about everything and it only took a short 1 1/2 hours to do. Lets hope this fixes my issue. I have never owned a big boy truck and kind fell in love with this one so I hope that it does right by me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well the dealership installed the new radio. Actually they were very nice about everything and it only took a short 1 1/2 hours to do. Lets hope this fixes my issue. I have never owned a big boy truck and kind fell in love with this one so I hope that it does right by me.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TITAN---I'M SENDING ALONG MY 2019 PRO-4X SERVICE CAMPAIGN NOTICE THAT I HAVEN'T ACTED ON YET FYI---SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING IS CATCHING A VIRUS THESE DAYS---BEST REGARDS, BUCK

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well guys, no luck just changing out the radio. It started to shoot on and off today again. Just scheduled it back with Nissan to get checked out again.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
243 Posts
Well guys, no luck just changing out the radio. It started to shoot on and off today again. Just scheduled it back with Nissan to get checked out again.
Sorry to hear that. Maybe mention the "Body Control Module" that was a solution mentioned above.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
243 Posts
All ready did !!!!
They can open a case with factory engineers to get advanced support. It's pretty common, so they shouldn't give you a hard time. If they do, you can reach out to Nissan directly and force the issue. Hope it wouldn't come to that though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Guys,
As for my issues, no there were no new updates. Basically they stated that it would have to go to the engineers at Nissan to figure it out. They stated that it was not a hazard and that truck was safe to drive. UGGGG I fell in love with this truck and hope one day it can be fixed correctly.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
243 Posts
Sad to hear it remains unresolved. Be persistent in your follow ups. Squeaky wheel theory applies. Still a lot of truck to enjoy though. Don't fret too much. They'll find that ghost in the machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have only had my 2019 Titan a month. Any ideas why the radio comes on intermittently. Truck will be parked looking pretty and then all of a sudden the radio will come on for a quick second but today it lasted a lot longer than usual. Any ideas what I am looking at since this is my first "Big Boy" truck ever?
I am having the same problem with my 2019 Titan. Concerns me it may come on when not in the truck and stay on longer and result in dead battery....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well finally took my truck back to the dealership. Of course there always seem to be some run around. But finally the have agreed to replace the BCM to see if this will fix the flashing issue. I love the truck and hope I don't have to get away from it because of stupid engineering.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,308 Posts
that sucks. I hope it gets fixed.

my wife and I talk about swapping in an aftermarket head unit with navigation and all the junk because our 2017 unit looks so outdated versus the rest of the truck. yours is a lot newer so I would not even want to think about it on a 2019 but I guess if that is the only issue with the truck, I would. they make some nice head units that work with the steering wheel controls and all the extra junk.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well finally got my truck back after replacing the BCM. Now the waiting game to see if it fixes the problem.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts