Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have only had my 2019 Titan a month. Any ideas why the radio comes on intermittently. Truck will be parked looking pretty and then all of a sudden the radio will come on for a quick second but today it lasted a lot longer than usual. Any ideas what I am looking at since this is my first "Big Boy" truck ever?
OMG ours has just started doing that. I went to get a blanket from behind the back seat and when I pulled the back down I heard a man say a word. I looked around LOL. It has happened about 10 times now. We figured out it is the radio. I guess we should take it in. We just came from having the entire transmission module replaced and 2 recalls done. 18k miles. Uggh. Now this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure if this is related or not to what's happening here, but with my 2020 I do know that getting near the track with my fob in hand will send a signal through the audio system. I just installed new speakers, amp, sub and a line out convertor made by AudioControl. That AudioControl has a cool feature that will actually sense a signal from your speakers and “turn on”, thus eliminating the need for a turn on wire. Shortly afterwards I walked out to the truck and noticed the power light was on, which obviously got my attention. I checked with AudioControl and some vehicles actually sense things like the doors open, or pulling the doorhandles, etc, and send a signal from the speakers. I got to noticing that when I stood by the truck, holding the fob, the amp and convertor powered on. When I stand by it without the fob .. nothing. So I’m no longer overly concerned, as I trust it will power off when I walk away. Now – in my case the radio itself isn’t coming on, so no audio. But I wonder if it’s something similar causing y’all’s to come on. Maybe test it, with and without fob and see?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any updates on this? I've had this issue since I purchased my 2019 Titan. I was told to wait for a TSB to come out from Nissan and nothing has come in yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
OMG ours has just started doing that. I went to get a blanket from behind the back seat and when I pulled the back down I heard a man say a word. I looked around LOL. It has happened about 10 times now. We figured out it is the radio. I guess we should take it in. We just came from having the entire transmission module replaced and 2 recalls done. 18k miles. Uggh. Now this.
I had the BCM replaced and it seems to have worked. If you do not mind, why did you have to have the transmission module replaced? What were the symptoms? Just trying to get and idea what to look for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well changing the BCM is NOT the fix. I am pissed off and was seriously considering trading in the truck. BUTTTTT as luck may have it, there was an engineer that came to the my dealership on business unrelated to mine. My service advisor told him about my issues and another owner who was having the same issue. The engineer had them call me which was a nice surprise. Apparently there is an update that needs to be installed that addresses the issue everyone is having. The update has not been approved yet but should be ready in a few weeks he said. Once it has been approved they will give me a loaner and take my truck to install the update. Soooooo needless to say our Titans are like new Iphones, works great but every now and then you get a bad series and have to wait for an update to correct the glitch.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
hopefully its the real fix this time.

it bums me out to hear all the problems everyone has with their new trucks because I know that doesn't help Nissan sell when people are googling titans and find the forum. especially that engine knock thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have only had my 2019 Titan a month. Any ideas why the radio comes on intermittently. Truck will be parked looking pretty and then all of a sudden the radio will come on for a quick second but today it lasted a lot longer than usual. Any ideas what I am looking at since this is my first "Big Boy" truck ever?
I have the same problem radio comes on then turns off. I already figured out how to duplicate the problem. You have to hold down the button on the door frame ( the one that controls the light when the door opens, or makes that annoying beeping sound). That way when you take it to get fixed at Nissan and they say “we need to see it happen” you can prove how the radio turns on when the truck is off. I already had a new radio installed and I’m having the same issue again! The thing that is difficult is I’m being told that even though I bought the truck new and it has a 100,000 mile warranty the radio is only covered up to 36,000 miles. I have no idea what to do at this point?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well changing the BCM is NOT the fix. I am pissed off and was seriously considering trading in the truck. BUTTTTT as luck may have it, there was an engineer that came to the my dealership on business unrelated to mine. My service advisor told him about my issues and another owner who was having the same issue. The engineer had them call me which was a nice surprise. Apparently there is an update that needs to be installed that addresses the issue everyone is having. The update has not been approved yet but should be ready in a few weeks he said. Once it has been approved they will give me a loaner and take my truck to install the update. Soooooo needless to say our Titans are like new Iphones, works great but every now and then you get a bad series and have to wait for an update to correct the glitch.
That’s great news!! If any one needs to prove how this glitch happens. All you need to do is hold down the button on the door frame (the one that controls the light and beeping sound) With the truck off and wait a few minutes. This will make the radio kick on for a few seconds make sure the volume is up. Remember Nissan is saying you only have up to 36,000 miles before the warranty is up.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Titan (Rocky Ridge)
19 Posts
My truck does it too. Lol. Have no clue what it is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well guys here is an update. I just got my Truck back yesterday after all this trouble with the dang radio, NTB21008. They had to reprogram the unit. I hope this fixes the issue or I will be trading this thing in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
My truck does it too. Lol. Have no clue what it is.
Well guys here is an update. I just got my Truck back yesterday after all this trouble with the dang radio, NTB21008. They had to reprogram the unit. I hope this fixes the issue or I will be trading this thing in.

·
Registered
582 Posts
As for the 36K mile warranty on the radio mentioned above, is there something in writing that states this?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
As for the 36K mile warranty on the radio mentioned above, is there something in writing that states this?
I also asked about it as well. I could not find anything. It must be in the "fine print". But when I asked the service advisor she said not to worry about it because the NTB covered the fix.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
i hope your truck is good. so far, it really has been a bummer and being so new, you don't want to put an aftermarket radio in because the dealer should be able to fix it

21 - 40 of 45 Posts