Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to this forum and new to the Titan but not new to Nissans. Been a Frontier fan for a long time and the one I just got out of was built just perfect, but the time came to move on and move up, so I got into a 2019 Pro-4x and couldn’t be happier. I have plans for this truck. So far I’ve put and AVS big deflector on, painted the grill badge and fog light surrounds flat black. Yellow fogs and added a Yakima HD rack to the bed. I have on the way a decked system for the bed and Rough Country running boards so I’ll have updated pics as soon as I get the new goodies in. Future mods will be a leveling kit and a custom low profile winch bumper. A light bar is in the near future and maybe even some type of roof rack. This truck is a work truck so it’s gotta stay functional for my construction business but also gotta be good for when I’m playing. Hunting, camping, mountaineering and overland trips.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So Rough Country HD2 running boards installed. Decked System Installed. Washed the truck LOL.

Running boards where easy to install. The Pro-4X has 4 bracket locations on each side, the kit only comes with 3, I called RC after I installed and got them to send me a 4th bracket, the running boards really need it, IMHO. Boards look good, nice size step, fairly grippy textured paint finish which is nice. Still maintains nice ground clearance. In the end im happy with them.

The Decked system is just AWESOME!! I really cant say enough about this product and the customer service. I used to have a lot of my tools in the rear on my cab rendering the back seat worthless. plus the in and out of my tools really took its toll. well I wasn't about to do that again with my new truck. The Decked system takes care of all my needs and the times when I get to play, hunting, camping, cross country trips, this is going to really come in handy.

Hope you enjoy the pics

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Yakima rack, did you have to modify it all to work with the factory track rails? How fast can you take it on and off? Do the top cross rails go up and down easily?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm looking for an alternative to the Trac-Rac I have now which is a PITA to take on and off, plus I had to loose my factory track rails.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Yakima rack, did you have to modify it all to work with the factory track rails? How fast can you take it on and off? Do the top cross rails go up and down easily?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm looking for an alternative to the Trac-Rac I have now which is a PITA to take on and off, plus I had to loose my factory track rails.
rack was easy to install, worked perfectly with factory utility track, no modding needed. Top cross bars go up and down pretty easily, loosen 4 bolts on each side and bump it up or down. It’s doesnt move super easy a little sticky but it has measurement marks so you get each side exactly the same.
Sliding the rack towers forward and back should be easy as well as removal. Not sure of how it compares to your rack but I think the Yakima is very user friendly. Of course it has locks to keep it secure.

·
Registered
51 Posts

It looks like all it takes is a single hex bolt on either side to disconnect the columns from the rail-mounting plates for an easy-on easy-off. That's way quicker than busting my knuckles trying to remove the two vertical c-clamps with hex bolts on my current set-up. I only need to use my rack for a 28-foot ladder every couple months or so when the need arises. It'd be worth it to take down the rack in between to save that extra MPG or so since all I drive is highway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

It looks like all it takes is a single hex bolt on either side to disconnect the columns from the rail-mounting plates for an easy-on easy-off. That's way quicker than busting my knuckles trying to remove the two vertical c-clamps with hex bolts on my current set-up. I only need to use my rack for a 28-foot ladder every couple months or so when the need arises. It'd be worth it to take down the rack in between to save that extra MPG or so since all I drive is highway.
yeah that's really it to remove the towers, one bolt locks them into the feet in each location. two bolts hold the feet into the utility track and when loose you can slide the whole system forward.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I got the deck system too! It's really great for being able to transport items that might move around in the back of the truck while still giving me space to load large bulky items whenever I want. Plus when I go in town in the truck I can even put shopping items in the back without worrying about prying eyes or sticky hands wondering by.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How did you get the Fog Surrounds out? I want to paint mine too.

new to this forum and new to the Titan but not new to Nissans. Been a Frontier fan for a long time and the one I just got out of was built just perfect, but the time came to move on and move up, so I got into a 2019 Pro-4x and couldn’t be happier. I have plans for this truck. So far I’ve put and AVS big deflector on, painted the grill badge and fog light surrounds flat black. Yellow fogs and added a Yakima HD rack to the bed. I have on the way a decked system for the bed and Rough Country running boards so I’ll have updated pics as soon as I get the new goodies in. Future mods will be a leveling kit and a custom low profile winch bumper. A light bar is in the near future and maybe even some type of roof rack. This truck is a work truck so it’s gotta stay functional for my construction business but also gotta be good for when I’m playing. Hunting, camping, mountaineering and overland trips.
View attachment 542037
View attachment 542040
View attachment 542041

1 - 15 of 15 Posts