Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was at the dealer today for service and snooped in a 2019. Radio Size and fit looks exact with the exception of the new USB hub. Bezel looks the same everything looks the same (except for the new button lay out on the radio)

I plan on subscribing to the Nissan tech site for a one day pass to download the hell out of my trucks 2017 service manual. I'll download the 2019 sections applicable to the radio and go through them and see what I can find. I'll have to pick a free day for that since each tech manual is about 50-60 PDFs each averaging about a hundo pages so it's a lot of click download wait repeat especially when the neighbors WiFi is slow...... JK I have my own.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Most of what you need for the radio will be in the sections AV and PG. These two downloads won't take long at all. The PG section provides the location of all connectors in the wiring harnesses when trying to track down where to tap into something. The breakdown procedures for removing the radio and other components are mostly in the IP section if you are not yet comfortable removing the dash panels. Grabbing MWI can also be helpful as it contains information on the Combination Meter (aka, in dash display).

Good luck with your mission. Looking forward to hearing what you discover.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks! I just got the truck so it will be a matter of time before I'm fine with pulling trim and dash panels. When I did the 2018 radio upgrade in the ram I had most of the dash off about 6-8 times in two weeks. Will the harness and connectors for the USB hubs be in those same sections? I managed to get my hands on a 2016 tech manual just haven't looked at every single section yet to get familiar of the layout.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here. Would love to hear what you find out. Even if you can give me the new nav part number I can price it out and if it's not cost-prohibitive, I might take a crack at it. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I did the best I could. Evidently in the past few months Nissan has locked down the service manuals even when you pay for a subscription. I was only able to access them on my 24 hour subscription in HTML format now called the ESM (Electronic Service Manual). So no ability to download PDFs like most people have been able to do in the past. I did my best to screenshot as much as I could however that has been an extreme difficult task, and got no where near what I wanted out of my 20 dollar for a day subscription. At least I was able to download every TSB for my 17 as they are in PDF format but HOLY CRAP does the website suck and is full of flaws. After viewing a page of TSBs and moving to the next it would then show me I was not eligable to view them, and I had to log out and back in to be able to proceed, and had to repeat that after each page for 15 pages of TSBs. It restricts you to use Internet explorer to view the ESM and it will not pull up in any other browser.
I did what I could to get the 2019 wiring diagrams for as many radio plugs as I could and compare it to the 17.

Ill begin comparing when I can. As of right now I did download the radio removal instructions for both models, and instructions are identical, same with the USB hub.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well I did the best I could. Evidently in the past few months Nissan has locked down the service manuals even when you pay for a subscription. I was only able to access them on my 24 hour subscription in HTML format now called the ESM (Electronic Service Manual). So no ability to download PDFs like most people have been able to do in the past. I did my best to screenshot as much as I could however that has been an extreme difficult task, and got no where near what I wanted out of my 20 dollar for a day subscription. At least I was able to download every TSB for my 17 as they are in PDF format but HOLY CRAP does the website suck and is full of flaws. After viewing a page of TSBs and moving to the next it would then show me I was not eligable to view them, and I had to log out and back in to be able to proceed, and had to repeat that after each page for 15 pages of TSBs. It restricts you to use Internet explorer to view the ESM and it will not pull up in any other browser.

I did what I could to get the 2019 wiring diagrams for as many radio plugs as I could and compare it to the 17.

Ill begin comparing when I can. As of right now I did download the radio removal instructions for both models, and instructions are identical, same with the USB hub.

Not all hero’s wear capes. Thanks for your efforts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts

Not all hero’s wear capes. Thanks for your efforts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
. I agree, thanks for

·
Registered
165 Posts

Two things I would look at first. First, for the comparable head units, are the pinouts on the connectors the same? Better chance of swapping if the radios are plug compatible.

Second, for the SWC are there any changes to the functions on those switches? The switches on the new gen Titan feed to the radio through the BCU via CanBus messages. If there are additional messages required (day a button to call up google assistant), your '18 BCU won't know how to send it. May or may not be an issue if it works without.

Third, and I don't think this is in the service manual, are there are any changes to the bluetooth controller under the front seat required for the additional AA or ACP functions? Apple usually requires a wired connection, so probably not an issue, but AA operates over bluetooth and I suspect that the commands move from that controller via CanBus to the head unit.

I'm tempted now to do the same thing, but am in the thick of installing a new head unit in DW's '16 Juke. Nobody makes a fully correct harness, so cobbling together pieces from a several sources.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I emailed Nissan Customer service about this same thing a couple months back. This is their reply:

Although the IT systems look similar to past model years the upgrade to obtain CarPlay and Android Auto may require a few changes to be made.*

The upgrade would require:

1. New Head Unit

2. New Map Lamp with HD microphone

3. New USB port*

4. Several WIRING Harnesses to accommodate new Head Unit, USB and HD microphone

We advise you to contact your Nissan dealership for advise on the possibility of making any of these changes and they will advise you on whether this upgrade is feasible without voiding any of your exisiting warranties.

/

I think it's possible for sure. The trim around the head unit would need to be replaced as the new HU buttons are different.

Has anyone tried finding the 2019 replacement parts?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hello,

Just got a 2018 Titan SV which pretty much comes plumbed for many upgrades I do not have. The bigger one is swap out the analog radio console head unit for a navigation factory Nissan/Bosch I can get on ebay. Has anyone swapped the FM/XM head for a Navigation one. I have Nissan Connect with rear camera but no front, rear and side sensors. Also when I synced my phone, it shows me on my phone where my truck is, so the Navigation gps antenna appears to already be in the dash. Aftermarket Nissan/Bosch Navigation unit is $395, same design and plugs, and comes with connections and Nav gps antenna. Any advice is appreciated!

Sorry I can start a different thread if needed.
That's what I did. My Single Cab SV with convenience package did not include the upgraded Nissan navigation unit. I added it and had Car Toys install it. It did require a visit to the dealer for some sort of programming -- 100 bucks -- but it works perfectly. Steering wheel, dash controls etc work seamlessly.

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
the million dollar question!! Apple Carplay/Android auto (and the other 2-3 items that are available for the 2019 over 2018 models) is definitely not worth giving up the incentives that are offered on year end models now.

Having said that, I would love to know also.

Does anyone know the part number for the radio in the 2018 and 2019? Depending on the cost of a 2019 radio, I wouldn't mind trying it out.

I'm not having much luck finding diagrams of the 2018 or 2019 radios, to see if the wiring at least is the same.
$3500 dealer cost just for HU

·
Registered
15 Posts
I contacted Nissan on this and they said it would not be a direct swap. They quoted me 4000.00 CAD.
I bought a pioneer AVH-2550NEX and replaced it myself for just under 800.00 CAD.
Honestly for 800 it not only sounds way better than a stock system I also have way more features than a 2019 nissan system.

I retained stock back up camera and steering wheel controls.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts