Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2018 titan SV midnight edition. The center display between my speedo and tach never showed radio information as far as I know. I always have my display for fuel economy. If it did display radio information I never used it for that.

I still have the center display with all the truck information and the options list and it works the same as before I installed the Pioneer. For me nothing changed the truck options.

I hope this explains it well enough, if not let me know.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I’m very intrigued. Did you need to buy a module to map the steering wheel controls to radio inputs?

Do you have a parts list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
With respect to radio information on the center screen, you may have this disabled.
In the maintenance menu, you can select what panels appear on the center center screen (panels you can navigate through using the left right button on the steering wheel).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m very intrigued. Did you need to buy a module to map the steering wheel controls to radio inputs?

Do you have a parts list?

Sorry for the late response, I was not around a PC and my phone would not log me in.

Axxess ASWC-1 is the module that retained the steering wheel controls, when used with AX-NIS24SWC-6V cable it will retain your back up camera.
I ordered from crutchfield so I used the face plate and antenna adapter that came with the stereo.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sorry for the late response, I was not around a PC and my phone would not log me in.

Axxess ASWC-1 is the module that retained the steering wheel controls, when used with AX-NIS24SWC-6V cable it will retain your back up camera.
I ordered from crutchfield so I used the face plate and antenna adapter that came with the stereo.
But you don't have the RF system, right? Because I do and was told via email/crutchfield that combo would NOT work on my truck. What could possibly be the reason/difference with the RF system vs not. I really want to do this. Maybe I'll call and see if I can someone just to verify.

·
Registered
15 Posts
But you don't have the RF system, right? Because I do and was told via email/crutchfield that combo would NOT work on my truck. What could possibly be the reason/difference with the RF system vs not. I really want to do this. Maybe I'll call and see if I can someone just to verify.
I do not have a RF system, I recommend phoning crutchfield and asking for Carlos. He will call you back if he is busy. He is probably the only rep that will dive into schematics to figure out what will work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why can't we get a Firmware update from Nissan for the 2017-18 that adds Android Auto or Carplay to the existing hardware. When I bought a new Cadillac for my wife in 2016, a short time later we got notice of an update that added Android Auto. My 2016 Frontier had Android Auto. Why is it so hard to do for the Titan?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I contacted Nissan on this and they said it would not be a direct swap. They quoted me 4000.00 CAD.
I bought a pioneer AVH-2550NEX and replaced it myself for just under 800.00 CAD.
Honestly for 800 it not only sounds way better than a stock system I also have way more features than a 2019 nissan system.

I retained stock back up camera and steering wheel controls.
Does that unit have navigation or do you use the Android Auto/Apple Carplay for nav?

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Why can't we get a Firmware update from Nissan for the 2017-18 that adds Android Auto or Carplay to the existing hardware. When I bought a new Cadillac for my wife in 2016, a short time later we got notice of an update that added Android Auto. My 2016 Frontier had Android Auto. Why is it so hard to do for the Titan?
Here's the crazy thing...I have a 2018 Rogue and 2018 Titan. My Rogue has better navigation and Android Auto/Carplay and the ability to do software updates via wifi connection.

Why the lack of consistency across the models of the same year baffles me. If one 2018 model has it, they all should have it.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Update from Crutchfield seems to indicate harness has been successfully tested with RF systems. See update towards the end.

2018 Titan SV Aftermarket Stereo?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=90793&share_tid=417939&url=https://www.titantalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417939&share_type=t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here's the crazy thing...I have a 2018 Rogue and 2018 Titan. My Rogue has better navigation and Android Auto/Carplay and the ability to do software updates via wifi connection.

Why the lack of consistency across the models of the same year baffles me. If one 2018 model has it, they all should have it.
Yep. It's ridiculous.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts