Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2018 titan SV midnight edition. The center display between my speedo and tach never showed radio information as far as I know. I always have my display for fuel economy. If it did display radio information I never used it for that.

I still have the center display with all the truck information and the options list and it works the same as before I installed the Pioneer. For me nothing changed the truck options.

I hope this explains it well enough, if not let me know.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I’m very intrigued. Did you need to buy a module to map the steering wheel controls to radio inputs?

Do you have a parts list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
With respect to radio information on the center screen, you may have this disabled.
In the maintenance menu, you can select what panels appear on the center center screen (panels you can navigate through using the left right button on the steering wheel).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m very intrigued. Did you need to buy a module to map the steering wheel controls to radio inputs?

Do you have a parts list?

Sorry for the late response, I was not around a PC and my phone would not log me in.

Axxess ASWC-1 is the module that retained the steering wheel controls, when used with AX-NIS24SWC-6V cable it will retain your back up camera.
I ordered from crutchfield so I used the face plate and antenna adapter that came with the stereo.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry for the late response, I was not around a PC and my phone would not log me in.

Axxess ASWC-1 is the module that retained the steering wheel controls, when used with AX-NIS24SWC-6V cable it will retain your back up camera.
I ordered from crutchfield so I used the face plate and antenna adapter that came with the stereo.
But you don't have the RF system, right? Because I do and was told via email/crutchfield that combo would NOT work on my truck. What could possibly be the reason/difference with the RF system vs not. I really want to do this. Maybe I'll call and see if I can someone just to verify.

·
Registered
15 Posts
But you don't have the RF system, right? Because I do and was told via email/crutchfield that combo would NOT work on my truck. What could possibly be the reason/difference with the RF system vs not. I really want to do this. Maybe I'll call and see if I can someone just to verify.
I do not have a RF system, I recommend phoning crutchfield and asking for Carlos. He will call you back if he is busy. He is probably the only rep that will dive into schematics to figure out what will work.

·
Registered
2017 Titan SL
15 Posts
Why can't we get a Firmware update from Nissan for the 2017-18 that adds Android Auto or Carplay to the existing hardware. When I bought a new Cadillac for my wife in 2016, a short time later we got notice of an update that added Android Auto. My 2016 Frontier had Android Auto. Why is it so hard to do for the Titan?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I contacted Nissan on this and they said it would not be a direct swap. They quoted me 4000.00 CAD.
I bought a pioneer AVH-2550NEX and replaced it myself for just under 800.00 CAD.
Honestly for 800 it not only sounds way better than a stock system I also have way more features than a 2019 nissan system.

I retained stock back up camera and steering wheel controls.
Does that unit have navigation or do you use the Android Auto/Apple Carplay for nav?

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Why can't we get a Firmware update from Nissan for the 2017-18 that adds Android Auto or Carplay to the existing hardware. When I bought a new Cadillac for my wife in 2016, a short time later we got notice of an update that added Android Auto. My 2016 Frontier had Android Auto. Why is it so hard to do for the Titan?
Here's the crazy thing...I have a 2018 Rogue and 2018 Titan. My Rogue has better navigation and Android Auto/Carplay and the ability to do software updates via wifi connection.

Why the lack of consistency across the models of the same year baffles me. If one 2018 model has it, they all should have it.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Update from Crutchfield seems to indicate harness has been successfully tested with RF systems. See update towards the end.

2018 Titan SV Aftermarket Stereo?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=90793&share_tid=417939&url=https://www.titantalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417939&share_type=t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here's the crazy thing...I have a 2018 Rogue and 2018 Titan. My Rogue has better navigation and Android Auto/Carplay and the ability to do software updates via wifi connection.

Why the lack of consistency across the models of the same year baffles me. If one 2018 model has it, they all should have it.
Yep. It's ridiculous.

·
Registered
2017 Titan SL
15 Posts
I was on this string earlier and just got tired of waiting for Nissan to do something. I even wrote to and subsequently spoke to someone in their customer service unit, but obviously nothing happened.

I had a Pioneer AVIC-W8500NEX installed in my 2017 SL and it works great and solves all the problems. I added the Sirius XM Tuner and a front camera to that unit. Total cost installed, without the front camera was about $1600, but right now you can get that radio from Amazon or Crutchfield for $685, which is $500 less than I paid. I was able to retain all the steering wheel features and as an Android user, I can now check texts and respond if I want to, all hands free using "OK Google". It does work with the RF speakers. It also works with Iphones and Apple Carplay.

I paid to have it installed because this is the sixth radio I have put in a truck, Ford, Chevy and two Frontiers, and I like the work the guy does. He doesn't use the Metra adapters, but rather the "iDatalink Maestro" and they can be mapped to do almost anything. I know Crutchfield advertises the Metra adapters, but perhaps they also can get the iDatalink Maestro. If you are anywhere near Philadelphia, PA, I can refer you to the installer.

I have attached pictures showing both the unit's nav, and Google Maps through Android Auto. I alternate my usage as the Google Maps is a little harder to read on the move than the unit's nav.

Happy to try to answer any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Titan SL
15 Posts
I was on this string earlier and just got tired of waiting for Nissan to do something. I even wrote to and subsequently spoke to someone in their customer service unit, but obviously nothing happened.

I had a Pioneer AVIC-W8500NEX installed in my 2017 SL and it works great and solves all the problems. I added the Sirius XM Tuner and a front camera to that unit. Total cost installed, without the front camera was about $1600, but right now you can get that radio from Amazon or Crutchfield for $685, which is $500 less than I paid. I was able to retain all the steering wheel features and as an Android user, I can now check texts and respond if I want to, all hands free using "OK Google". It does work with the RF speakers. It also works with Iphones and Apple Carplay.

I paid to have it installed because this is the sixth radio I have put in a truck, Ford, Chevy and two Frontiers, and I like the work the guy does. He doesn't use the Metra adapters, but rather the "iDatalink Maestro" and they can be mapped to do almost anything. I know Crutchfield advertises the Metra adapters, but perhaps they also can get the iDatalink Maestro. If you are anywhere near Philadelphia, PA, I can refer you to the installer.

I have attached pictures showing both the unit's nav, and Google Maps through Android Auto. I alternate my usage as the Google Maps is a little harder to read on the move than the unit's nav.

Happy to try to answer any questions.
One correction. Maestro Idatalink does NOT have an adapter that works on the Titan. We actually used a PAC SWI-RC to replicate the steering control problems. Sorry. I had discussed using the Maestro, but in the actual installation they used the other and I didn't pay attention to the invoice until I had a recent question.

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kicker is extremely user friendly..I'll let you know how it works and what you need. I'm already about $2K in on this inst and ll to keep it factory

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2019 radio will be a direct swap with the 2018? I've been looking at the 2018s now with the good rebates, but have been concerned with the poor stereo/interface. I understand the 19s have a revamped stereo and CarPlay etc, but obviously the rebates aren’t out on the 2019s yet. Any one have any idea?
Hello, Henry here. So I’ve been doing quite a bit of research and this is what I’ve found.
1. On eBay I purchased a head unit oem from a wrecked 2019 Nissan Titan XD.
2. There are a few differences note in the pictures the one for the 2016-2018 models with navigation has the 24 and 20 pin connectors. The 2019 radio has a 20 pin and a 40 pin connector.
3. I have not being able to find a wiring diagram nor a harness to figure out the connections on the radio. I did swap the radio and it’s a good fit and just plug the 20 pin connector and it works but since I don’t have the bigger connector adapter my voice control and steering radio functions do not work. So the main thing is finding out the wiring diagram and I could possibly just buy connectors myself and do it.
4. The man reason I bought this was because of the CarPlay , but I think I may need a new USB connector as when I plug my phone, it will not even charge nor show on the radio.
Once I find more info I’ll post it :)
I will put a little video on YouTube oh how to remove the radio and all that and I’ll put the link here. Any ideas or info please let me know :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Please keep us updated on the progress with the wiring diagram etc. Perhaps when you get everything going you can create a separate post on the whole process. The 2019 head unit option would be a great way for me to future proof my Titan!

41 - 60 of 60 Posts