Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 SV Midnight, 2006 XE 207K mile beast
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2019 that after driving 15 or 20 minutes and I stop to go into the store, it will struggle to start. Only happens when it's a quick stop, after a couple hours it starts fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
402 Posts
Let the dealer find the issue and fix this! Demand a rental.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I have a 2019 that after driving 15 or 20 minutes and I stop to go into the store, it will struggle to start. Only happens when it's a quick stop, after a couple hours it starts fine. Any ideas?
I had the same issue. Check the lower pennel drivers side where the sill plate meets the trim. Remove the plastic and check if the harnesses are connected. Beside the emergency break. I went in 4 times before we found the issue. The plug connecting the feul pump was not clipped in but taped from the factory. Has not happen with 20000 miles since fixed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same issue. Check the lower pennel drivers side where the sill plate meets the trim. Remove the plastic and check if the harnesses are connected. Beside the emergency break. I went in 4 times before we found the issue. The plug connecting the feul pump was not clipped in but taped from the factory. Has not happen with 20000 miles since fixed.
Thanks, I'll check into that this afternoon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So everything looks good there. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the connector you're referring to would you.

·
Registered
2017 SV Crew 4x4
8 Posts
Recently had a similar issue on my 2017. In my case it was simply a bad battery. Thank goodness warranty covered it. With labor and all it was just north of $500 dealer pricing. OUCH

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, an update. Saturday morning I made the 15 minute drive to the grocery store and was in there about 30 minutes. Truck really didn't want to start and when it did made a strange noise. Then I noticed the slip light was on, and was not shifting correctly. I was able to get it to shift using the manual shift, but when it did the shift was really hard. Got home and unhooked the battery for about 5 minutes. Started up and the slip light was off and shifted correctly. Calling the dealer today to set up an appointment.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also a side note that a little over a month and half ago they replaced the short block due to the engine knock.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, the dealership said they couldn't replicate the issue. They also told me that all codes lead to the battery, but the battery and charging system test come out ok. I guess I'll take it to another dealership or try and chase it down myself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, since picking it up from the dealership I haven't had an issue. Wonder if they unintentionally fixed it... :LOL:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts