Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Titan Pro4X and want to upgrade the high beam bulb from halogen to LED. I am sure lots have completed this change and was wondering how to get access to the bulb. Did you remove the fender liner? Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes, unscrew the inner fender plastic and you can slide your hand in to access the headlights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for you response. Do you know if the dust cover on the back of the headlamp housing will work with an LED that has a fan?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What LED bulbs do you plan to use? Do you need a halogen conversion kit? Hoping to do the same for the tailights and avoid stripping wires and installing resistors.

I figure I should probably switch out all of the bulbs if I'm opening up the fender.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 2006 Nissan Titan SE (sold)
190 Posts
I converted a couple of vehicles from conventional to LED. I got a little grief from another forum because the housing isn't generally set up for LED as LED is brighter, and people were screaming at me that the light was too bright (some forum people have a lot of pent up hostility). I personally didn't think it was that big a deal, and honestly was ok with people that were in front of me moving aside. You can replace the housing if you want, but that's going to be a lot of work. The LED swap that I did on my 06 Titan, I had to make a few modifications to the LEDs to get the LED to clip correctly. The fan would run ok, as it sits behind the housing and attempts to keep the LED cool. I wouldn't purchase some LED replacements that didn't have the fan as I've heard that they can overheat. To me, it was a cheap upgrade that really looked nice.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The argument for the housing not designed for it LED is partially incorrect. It comes from when people were installing HID in halogen housings and yes you're supposed to run projectors with HID. However there are different types and designs of LED bulbs and as long you install a matching beam pattern LED the projected light source will nearly the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts