Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Titan Pro4X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Titan Pro4x with a RC 3 inch lift. I still have the stock tires and rims and I think they look too small. My question is what tire size recommendations do you have if I wanted to keep my stock 18” rim but also have minimal rubbing? Would I be better off getting a 20” rim and new tires? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2020 NISSAN TITAN PRO 4X
84 Posts
I believe 33x12.50 will be all that fits with no rubbing. I like the lift been thinking about doing the same. If you get aftermarket wheels with a different offset you may be able to squeeze in a slightly bigger tire.

Sent from my FirstNet Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Titan Pro4X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe 33x12.50 will be all that fits with no rubbing. I like the lift been thinking about doing the same.

Thanks for the quick reply. So what actual size would I be searching if I was looking on discount tire or Firestone to get pricing? Sorry but I’m not very familiar with tire sizes and such. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2020 NISSAN TITAN PRO 4X
84 Posts
By this it appears I am wrong. I have a 2020 P4X stock with 275/70/18 and this website says the 275 is actually taller. With the 33x12.50 you will get a more aggressive bigger foot print. I'll research some more. Appears some are running 295/70 with no rubbing which is a 34" tire.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Depending on the specific tire you choose (as each manufacturer specs their tires for a given model and size slightly differently), generally speaking, you can run up to a 34" tire with a 3" lift. You'll have to lose your front mudflaps or cut them severely, and you might get a little pinch weld or frame rail rub depending on your wheel offset. You can run almost any 33" tire with the 3" lift, but some of the widest ones will still rub on some trucks.

·
Registered
2019 Titan Pro4X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to a Firestone and talked with a salesman and decided to go with a 275/75/18 “LT” which compared side by side with my stock tires the LT stood a lot taller and had the same width to help reduce rubbing. I have 1.25” spacers so the rubbing shouldn’t be too bad at all. I’ll send a pic once they are done installing but with a taller tire it should compliment the 3” lift perfectly without having to modify anything.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I went to a Firestone and talked with a salesman and decided to go with a 275/75/18 “LT” which compared side by side with my stock tires the LT stood a lot taller and had the same width to help reduce rubbing. I have 1.25” spacers so the rubbing shouldn’t be too bad at all. I’ll send a pic once they are done installing but with a taller tire it should compliment the 3” lift perfectly without having to modify anything.
Update? or pics?

·
Registered
2019 Titan Pro4X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I canceled the Firestone appointment just as they were putting it on the rack to install tires. I decided to go with 20” rims with 33’s. I figured I plan to keep the truck for a good while, might as well get it done right. I am extremely pleased with my decision. Only needed a few inches cut off the plastic around wheel well and removed mud flaps to eliminate rubbing. What ya think?
F0ABEFF7-AFDC-4A5F-A451-9814BEF80D9F.jpeg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2019 Titan Pro4x with a RC 3 inch lift. I still have the stock tires and rims and I think they look too small. My question is what tire size recommendations do you have if I wanted to keep my stock 18” rim but also have minimal rubbing? Would I be better off getting a 20” rim and new tires? Your help would be greatly appreciated! View attachment 546865
Looks good. I ordered the same lift for my 2020 Pro4x. Took it to a shop where they told me the lift won’t fit the Pro4x. I contacted RC they said the same thing. I’ve seen others with the same lift. What is your experience with the lift? It looks like the worst thing I need to do is grind less than a quarter inch off of each side of the bell housing to allow the upper control arms to clear.

·
Registered
2019 Titan Pro4X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Honestly unless there’s a big difference in the 2019 and 2020 Pro4x which I doubt, mine installed perfectly. I’ll admit I had a shop install it but they said it was a breeze straight from Rough Country to them with no modifications. Just be sure to select “No struts” and the RC site stated it fits a P4X perfectly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks good. I ordered the same lift for my 2020 Pro4x. Took it to a shop where they told me the lift won’t fit the Pro4x. I contacted RC they said the same thing. I’ve seen others with the same lift. What is your experience with the lift? It looks like the worst thing I need to do is grind less than a quarter inch off of each side of the bell housing to allow the upper control arms to clear.
I'm on the fence but I'll probably end up getting one for my 2020 pro4, I keep seeing posts like this, and theres a video on youtube with this kit being installed on a 2020 with what looks like no issue. I would like to keep using my stock billsteins just like the youtube video and a few others on here have done as well.

@3frankflores Did you keep your stock bilsteins?

·
Registered
2019 Titan Pro4X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exactly my thinking! I told the shop why would I pay extra for a Pro4X that comes with badass billstein shocks just to remove them for looks! I own a ranch in S Texas and I need my truck to withstand mud, rocks, high water and abuse! His exact reply was “Go with the 3” vs 6” so your truck can still utilize the components you paid good money for! My advice honestly, check with a new reputable shop.

·
Registered
2019 Titan Pro4X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No it definitely lifts both. I believe the stock P4X comes with a 1.5” lift. Adding a 3” puts 3 more inches in the front and an inch in the back to still keep that slight dip in the front. The 3” in person looks a lot more than it is! I highly recommend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No it definitely lifts both. I believe the stock P4X comes with a 1.5” lift. Adding a 3” puts 3 more inches in the front and an inch in the back to still keep that slight dip in the front. The 3” in person looks a lot more than it is! I highly recommend.
Honestly unless there’s a big difference in the 2019 and 2020 Pro4x which I doubt, mine installed perfectly. I’ll admit I had a shop install it but they said it was a breeze straight from Rough Country to them with no modifications. Just be sure to select “No struts” and the RC site stated it fits a P4X perfectly.
Thanks, that’s what I understood when I ordered mine from RC. I had planned on installing it myself then a friend recommended a local shop so I thought what the heck. I’m thinking they just didn’t want to install it because I didn’t buy it through them. Looks like I’ll be installing mine on my next set of days off.

·
Registered
2019 Titan Pro4X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea my local truck shop only added $50 to the RC price and my thought was hell for a $50 increase I trust them more than myself to install. Let’s face it, we’d rather it be done right the first time and for a $50 fee it’s a no brainer for people like me who aren’t mechanically confident. Good luck and keep us posted bro! 👊

1 - 20 of 27 Posts