Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2019 Titan SV into the dealer twice now to find the source of the wet carpet on the front passenger's side under the floor mat. They ran the A/C for hours, hosed down the front and side passenger doors, nothing leaking. It took an engineer from the factory stopping by the dealer to find the source, a bent rear glass frame from the factory. The way the channeling is run, water was running down from the back window frame into the framing that runs under the right rear and front passenger door thresholds. Water was traveling from the back to the right front carpet whenever it rained. No other carpet was getting wet. Have a new frame and carpet being replaced this week. Posting this in hopes if will give other owners information to pass on to the dealers if they have a similar leak on their new trucks and to avoid days at the dealer without finding the issue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My single cab is currently at the dealer for a similar issue... dropped it off Monday and they said it's a windshield leak... says an engineer is coming. Will post updates, but thos rogue rental will not cut it for next weeks plans, I need 4x4, think they'll switch cars for me if it isn't ready by then?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had my 2019 Titan SV into the dealer twice now to find the source of the wet carpet on the front passenger's side under the floor mat. They ran the A/C for hours, hosed down the front and side passenger doors, nothing leaking. It took an engineer from the factory stopping by the dealer to find the source, a bent rear glass frame from the factory. The way the channeling is run, water was running down from the back window frame into the framing that runs under the right rear and front passenger door thresholds. Water was traveling from the back to the right front carpet whenever it rained. No other carpet was getting wet. Have a new frame and carpet being replaced this week. Posting this in hopes if will give other owners information to pass on to the dealers if they have a similar leak on their new trucks and to avoid days at the dealer without finding the issue.
2016 Titan XD Diesel Pro 4X, no issues going strong. Tow 8,000 lbs with the truck now. Was my daily driver the first year put on 36K miles in that year. Now I just use it for towing my RV. Change oil every 5K myself. Flushed the X mission, Xfer case and rears once at 30K miles. Since ima stillers fan it looks like this:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I was at the dealer the other day for some minor maintenance and I was talking with the service manager who has become a good friend in the 12+ years that I've been taking vehicles there. He told me about a brand new Murano with just 128 miles on it that came in with a wet carpet condition. It turns out there are two drain hoses that drain from the moonroof and one of them hadn't been installed at the factory. They had to rip the headliner and a lot of the interior of the vehicle out to fix the problem. No doubt a "Friday at 4:30pm" assembly vehicle but the point is that how a problem such as this made it through QC is amazing.

·
Registered
617 Posts
My 2007 Titan doesn't leak water....nah nah neh nah naaaa!

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine leaks at the front windshield. when I drive in a heavy rain it works its way around the seal and runs down the inside of the windshield. Been to shop twice, says everything is OK...

·
Registered
617 Posts
mine leaks at the front windshield. when I drive in a heavy rain it works its way around the seal and runs down the inside of the windshield. Been to shop twice, says everything is OK...
I had the windshield replaced twice in my 2007 Titan recently. First time, water would run down the entirety of the windshield! This was with Safelite. I took the truck to a different glass company and had them redo it. They cost $50 more than Safelite, but my windshield doesn't leak anymore. My OEM windshield never leaked either.

·
Registered
583 Posts
My 07 leaked as well. Would run down the A-pillar. Bad seal from factory. Dealer had glass company cut out original glass and reinstall. Never leaked again. Bad thing was a few years later rust formed on roof line bc the "tech" cut the paint with sawzall. Had to have a glass company take glass out take it to body shop, paint whole area where glass rested then put new windshield in. What a fiasco!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts