Nissan Titan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,254 Posts
my wife's little ford escape 4 banger blew the doors off lots of vehicles headed up the on ramp. 4 cylinder doesn't mean slow, they are all turbo now days, it seems.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
334 Posts
0-60 probably isn't as important as towing and payload rating for a truck, but there's a bit of a correlation. Sure the GMC Syclone had superb 0-60 time in its day, but that didn't really translate to towing and payload. As I stated earlier, it's like the NFL combine, a 4-40 won't guarantee a great NFL player, but it's a solid foundation.

·
Registered
497 Posts
until the blind driver runs into you at 5 mph.
That is why you look out for those types of drivers and use the power, handling and performance of the Titan possibly to get away (swerve, speed, brake etc.). Responsible and defensive driving techniques do not equate to "slow" driving, but keeping your eyes open, anticipating problems, slowing down, as well as getting the hell away from potential problems when you have to. Of course, you can only do so much, and there are no guarantees.... I think I am preaching to the choir :)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
0-60 probably isn't as important as towing and payload rating for a truck, but there's a bit of a correlation. Sure the GMC Syclone had superb 0-60 time in its day, but that didn't really translate to towing and payload. As I stated earlier, it's like the NFL combine, a 4-40 won't guarantee a great NFL player, but it's a solid foundation.
My homeboy braggs all day about his f150’s payload and tow rating.. yet he has never hauled anything heavier than a couple of bags of groceries...

Thats the reality of trucks these days.. Ford takes advantage of this...

The Titan is a heavy solid truck. Next time u drink a beer know that can u are holding is a future Ford!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
My homeboy braggs all day about his f150’s payload and tow rating.. yet he has never hauled anything heavier than a couple of bags of groceries...

Thats the reality of trucks these days.. Ford takes advantage of this...

The Titan is a heavy solid truck. Next time u drink a beer know that can u are holding is a future Ford!!!
It's all "bench-racing" anyways, bragging rights. Some people do get a little too worked up about it. For me, it's just about the ownership experience, which I don't understand why some people are on this forum to throw shade. I imagine those are the same people that drive slow in the left lane because they have decided that no one should be driving faster than them.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
It's all "bench-racing" anyways, bragging rights. Some people do get a little too worked up about it. For me, it's just about the ownership experience, which I don't understand why some people are on this forum to throw shade. I imagine those are the same people that drive slow in the left lane because they have decided that no one should be driving faster than them.
Yes sir!! We work hard so want to be able to blow by folks who are too worried about what the next guy is doing instead of worrying about themselves...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I posted this this 3 months in this thread:

Zero to 60 times...

2019 Ram = 6.1 Seconds
2019 Titan = 5.9 seconds
2019 Ford F150 = 6.09
2019 Toyota Tundra = 6.4

My wife's Kona with the turbo and 7 speed is almost the same as us. We aren't speed demons by any stretch of the imagination. Actually, she can pull away from me at 70+ , all with only 175HP.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,254 Posts
I sure feel like if you happened to get into an accident in a titan, you are going to make it. Its a solid feeling truck

·
Registered
225 Posts
^ Yes and no, they do seem to be solid built, but they are designed to fall apart on impact. A guy on here a while ago hit a deer with one, it did a ton of damage.

·
Registered
183 Posts
0-60 is a useless number on a full size truck. Nothing more than a di-ck measuring contest. How often does the average driver go from 0 to 60? I would wager almost never. There isn't anything that the Titan can do on the highway as far as driving or passing that is better than any other full size truck out there. In the real world, acceleration is usually done when merging onto a highway or passing someone in the next lane. Neither situation has anything to do with how quickly a car will move 0-60 from a complete stop. Acceleration from moderate speeds is far more significant metric...yet one that's never mentioned.

These aren't drag machines and the 0-60 isn't relevant to real world performance. It's just marketing fluff and probably isn't even the number you'd experience if you did a 0-60 mph test yourself. Temperature, altitude, and humidity all make a difference and will have an affect on it.
I totally disagree! I constantly have mini take offs at red lights vs many trucks.. it’s very important how my truck gets off the line. Passing is a given but too say it’s useless, I don’t think you get Upreved and Headers to pass cars on the interstate!

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,254 Posts
I always have to take off quick because some jackass's tries to pass me at the light to speed up the ramp. I hate when people cut around me and swerve in front of me last minute. They don't do it in the titan, this truck surprises tons of people off the line when they have to back off and stay on the feeder for being jerks

·
Registered
334 Posts
I always have to take off quick because some jackass's tries to pass me at the light to speed up the ramp. I hate when people cut around me and swerve in front of me last minute. They don't do it in the titan, this truck surprises tons of people off the line when they have to back off and stay on the feeder for being jerks
I hate this too, and while it's annoying when you don't have the power there to keep it from happening, the part that I also hate is when they try to make a last minute cut over, and drive on part of the lane divider leading into the on-ramp, they can sometimes kick up some debris from the part of the road that's generally not driven on. I've had plenty of vehicles cut me off in the last minute, and often there's a small piece of debris that's kicked up onto my vehicle.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts