Nissan Titan Forum banner

2020 0-60 Performance

26K views 138 replies 31 participants last post by  Titangator 
#1 ·
Seeing some reviews from Motortrend and other web reviews stating the 2020 Titan 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are slower than the 16’ thru 19’s???
Surely not being there's extra gears in the tranny and more hp?? Even on regular unleaded performance should be at least a bit better?

#4 ·
I have never owned a Nissan prior to my 2020 P4X I bought a couple of months ago so I can not attest to the previous 7-speed transmission. I also have not ran a 0-60 and really find it unimportant. I know when I leave from a red light from 1st to 2nd gear the torque and power is unbelievable and pulls away from traffic. I love the truck so far!

#8 ·
I guess some unsuspecting buyer who sees a truck with more power and gears would assume it would be quicker..

And remember it was Motortrend doing the test... Since Ford Gm and Rams marketing funds are their lifeblood I guess they have to work hard to make the Titan look totally subpar....

Hell they likely had five 200 pound guys in the truck with a few coolers of beer in the back.. If thats the case the 0-60 times are good!!

#9 ·
I wouldn't worry much about the numbers. Ultimately, I am sure that the long term will show the 9 spd to be the better transmission overall. Can't complain about my 7 spd, but I also wouldn't mind having more gears for sure.

Reactions: KenedyTXTitan
#12 ·
0-60 is important. It's one of the reasons that I went with a Titan. The v8 blows away the power of the stock engines in the other trucks. I live on Long Island, NY. People here don't use the left lane for passing only like they do in many other states. If you don't drive with some aggressiveness, you'll get stuck on the LIE behind CUVs & Uber drivers.

#20 ·
0-60 is a useless number on a full size truck. Nothing more than a di-ck measuring contest. How often does the average driver go from 0 to 60? I would wager almost never. There isn't anything that the Titan can do on the highway as far as driving or passing that is better than any other full size truck out there. In the real world, acceleration is usually done when merging onto a highway or passing someone in the next lane. Neither situation has anything to do with how quickly a car will move 0-60 from a complete stop. Acceleration from moderate speeds is far more significant metric...yet one that's never mentioned.

These aren't drag machines and the 0-60 isn't relevant to real world performance. It's just marketing fluff and probably isn't even the number you'd experience if you did a 0-60 mph test yourself. Temperature, altitude, and humidity all make a difference and will have an affect on it.

#15 · (Edited)
So if your looking for a quicker take off that will help you pull away from the competitors. Just install a pedal commander on your fuel pedal it will make the truck a lot more peppier. Also I have a 2019 pro4x and imports don't seem to be governed like domestic my previous truck was a 2014 GMC Sierra which as most of us know they cut out at 100mph unless you remove the governor thru a tuner. My truck seems to pull away from everyone really well more gears would help with fuel consumption because my truck sucks a butt load of gas not thrilled the gas tank is small but I can change that with a auxillary tank in the bed.

#39 ·
If you read the print the 2020 HP is rated on premium fuel only. IIRC Ours was rated on regular? But IDK, I think the manual tells you for best performance use premium also?

#21 ·
^True to a point. It's a simple measure of performance, just for reference. The new Titan also lost in 1/4 mile, not by much, but it was a couple of miles per hour slower. I do use the figures just for a reference, but a lot slower speeds in any vehicle, not just a Titan, don't work well where I live. If you have a Smart car, or a Mitsubishi Mirage with it's thundering 78 HP 3 cylinder, you WILL get run over in my state. Every morning I get on the freeway, almost wide open to get to 75MPH+ just to merge onto the highway. They drive fast in Kentucky. I didn't say smart, but fast. I rode my motorcycle the other day, a woman passed me on her phone, in a nice Lexus, I paced her for a while, but gave up at 100 MPH. No these certainly are not top fuel dragsters, but raise the HP ratings, raise the number of gears, raise the price, and go slower isn't really smart.

#60 ·
It’s not a fact when you brag, it matters when others acknowledge the feat. If you say my whatever is whatever that’s one thing but if you girlfriend says holy crap, that’s impressive, it’s a whole different story.
As they say “self praise is no recommendation”.

Clint

#23 ·
Also, from a dead stop my truck will red-line, but when merging onto hiway it wont! Only hits 4500 or so...so annoying. Maybe a tuner will change that but why have all this power and not be able to use it.

#26 ·
0-60 is not useless data. For instance, if the Titan ran a 8.0sec 0-60 and then the 2020 Titan did a 12.0sec 0-60 that would matter in terms of on-ramp acceleration, and thus translate into towing acceleration which is important for on-ramp merging when your at full juice. It’s just a measurement of performance just like BHP or torque.

#27 ·
0-60 is from a stop. Not from on-ramp acceleration which has nothing to do with how quickly a car will move from a complete stop. You are trying to compare apples to oranges.

0-60 is useless data on a pickup truck unless you are drag racing it. Which I doubt any of us are doing. At least legally anyway.

It's a di-ck measuring contest for people to brag/argue about on forums is all it is.

#28 ·
I don't see it that way, but to each his own opinion. I doubt if many are drag racing, I did my neighbor , but it was just for fun on our backroad. No serious speed was involved. But 0-60, and 1/4 mile times will give you a baseline to compare with other trucks. If they are slow on these simple tests, they will be slower with a load for sure. I'm getting older, as we all are, but I don't drive like it.

#36 ·
Zero to 60 times...

2019 Ram = 6.1 Seconds
2019 Titan = 5.9 seconds
2019 Ford F150 = 6.09
2019 Toyota Tundra = 6.4

You guys do realize the times are so close that it's splitting hairs and you would never notice any of this in real world day to day driving?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

#29 ·
Well according to my phone app my 19 P4X it did 8 seconds flat, TFL tested the new 20 and according to them it did 9.5. Using the same app my 15 Yamaha FJR1300 did 0-60 in 3 seconds. My 18 Goldwing did it in 4.5 seconds. Are 0-60 times important in day to day situations, no but its fun to find out and also fun on the on ramps.

#31 ·
While I agree that 0-60 mph/ 0-100 kph is a stupid measurement, it's at least consistent across the industry, and in most cases it DOES correlate well with the truck's capabilities in the real world. A 4 cylinder frontier is slow from 0-60, and so too will it be slow when trying to pass someone from 50-70.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.