Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
947 Posts
Ha ha ha

how do you make those smiley faces?
lol, that explains a few things. I notice you don't normally directly "quote" someone. I mostly look at my notifications to see if someone has responded. If you don't quote me directly, I can't tell if you've responded. The image below shows where to tap to quote someone.

This one shows you where the smileys are. If you're on mobile and those buttons are greyed out, click on the gear.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Unless you need the off road of a P4X I would buy an SL built for a smoother ride. Or a nicely loaded SV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Was purchasing weekend and got pneumonia, 1 week hospital stay forced me to miss rebates. Titan purchase on hold now. Fml
Damn that sucks I missed the rebates because my wife wouldn’t give me permission lol hope your feeling better

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Small update: After missing out on rebates and the Titan going back up the best I could find was $56-58k locally. And as much as I love the Titan, I didn't find much value at that price point from my earlier quoted of $50-51k. Last night I had someone on a lease forum reach out and said they had a Tundra TRD Pro order and I could spec it. So I spec'd it and got it for $56k +TTL. I find it to be a good bang for buck at that price point and will allow me to enjoy it and keep it but also flexibility of resale value to trade in to a refreshed Titan or Tundra later. Love the Titan still and ya'll are great, but dealers aren't budging on these.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
that sounds like a decent deal. i don't think you will be unhappy with a tundra for that price

its a bummer Nissan has the titans priced so high. that was a major motivator for people to try one out

·
Registered
98 Posts
Unless you need the off road of a P4X I would buy an SL built for a smoother ride. Or a nicely loaded SV

After driving my Pro4x around for a month now (3.2k miles) I can agree with this comment... I kind of wish I'd gone with the SL as the Pro4x ride is pretty harsh on non-smooth pavement.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Small update: After missing out on rebates and the Titan going back up the best I could find was $56-58k locally. And as much as I love the Titan, I didn't find much value at that price point from my earlier quoted of $50-51k. Last night I had someone on a lease forum reach out and said they had a Tundra TRD Pro order and I could spec it. So I spec'd it and got it for $56k +TTL. I find it to be a good bang for buck at that price point and will allow me to enjoy it and keep it but also flexibility of resale value to trade in to a refreshed Titan or Tundra later. Love the Titan still and ya'll are great, but dealers aren't budging on these.
Hopefully you don't get too stung once the new Tundra comes out. Unfortunately, the public is pretty superficial once a new body style of a vehicle comes, and the old model suffers for it. This is going to sound a little crazy, but after a few months, you should go see how much Nissan would give you towards a trade-in on the Tundra.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not sure where you live, but in the southeast (Ga. TN Ky. NC) I can find several equipped P4X for $52 or less and SLs for $54 or less. Sorry about the photo, but I tried to crop out the dealer info. Screenshot_20210607-235917.png

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
man, my truck color doesn't look as good with a black grill
I wonder what it would look like with a body colored grille. The chrome gives it a more "luxurious" look. Black gives it a bit of a rugged look. When I was at the dealership yesterday, I saw a blue pearl with chrome, and it looked great. The chrome really stood out, but it still looked really good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Hopefully you don't get too stung once the new Tundra comes out. Unfortunately, the public is pretty superficial once a new body style of a vehicle comes, and the old model suffers for it. This is going to sound a little crazy, but after a few months, you should go see how much Nissan would give you towards a trade-in on the Tundra.
Welp that was fast.

Toyota denied my order. They are not producing anymore Lunar Rocks colors from the factory as it will inbalance the current produced numbers. One of the big reasons I wanted the TRD Pro was the color. So for now I'm back to square one . Come on NIssan GIMME THE REBATES!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point it's probably best to see what every manufacturer is doing for 2022

·
Registered
947 Posts
Welp that was fast.

Toyota denied my order. They are not producing anymore Lunar Rocks colors from the factory as it will inbalance the current produced numbers. One of the big reasons I wanted the TRD Pro was the color. So for now I'm back to square one . Come on NIssan GIMME THE REBATES!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point it's probably best to see what every manufacturer is doing for 2022
Wow, so the Toyota was an order? I figured you had it all signed sealed and delivered. I am going to say that you can still probably find a dealership that will get you a good deal, but it's going to take some hard work. You're going to have to find a dealership that has low inventory and not much traffic. The thing about the market is that there isn't enough stock, and the cars that are out there aren't what most people are looking for, so the car sits and the dealership tries to hold on for more money. Keep looking, you might find what you want if you are patient.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Wow, so the Toyota was an order? I figured you had it all signed sealed and delivered. I am going to say that you can still probably find a dealership that will get you a good deal, but it's going to take some hard work. You're going to have to find a dealership that has low inventory and not much traffic. The thing about the market is that there isn't enough stock, and the cars that are out there aren't what most people are looking for, so the car sits and the dealership tries to hold on for more money. Keep looking, you might find what you want if you are patient.
Nope. I had deposit and reservation signed and it was an incoming order. But they are canceling it, I can still get the gunmetal gray or black but that doesn't appeal to me. The TRD Pro in Lunar would have had a great resale later but now I'm just back to waiting.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Nope. I had deposit and reservation signed and it was an incoming order. But they are canceling it, I can still get the gunmetal gray or black but that doesn't appeal to me. The TRD Pro in Lunar would have had a great resale later but now I'm just back to waiting.
Less than 9 months ago, I don't think any dealership would've done this. Funny how a supply shortage like this can change the market dynamics. One of my co-workers last year really wanted to buy a new Dodge Challenger. I told him that he needed to pull the trigger when dealers were offering 0%. He said he was going to wait. I haven't spoken to him in about 6 months, but I'd be curious to see what has transpired, as the vehicle he was driving was starting to have mechanical issues. Imagine having to buy in this market out of necessity and not just because you want a new car. A local dealership has 47 Titans in inventory, but I don't think they will budge much more on price. New Vehicles for Sale | Texas Nissan | in Grapevine, serving Dallas TX

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
i was wondering what color lunar was. its the battleship grey looking color. that's a good looking color on the f150s, also. that and the electric looking blue are my two favorite colors on the full size trucks (well, and forest green but its sooooo rare)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
i was wondering what color lunar was. its the battleship grey looking color. that's a good looking color on the f150s, also. that and the electric looking blue are my two favorite colors on the full size trucks (well, and forest green but its sooooo rare)
The F150 I test drove yesterday was Leadfoot Gray. It was pretty amazing looking.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts