Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Random Engine observation - So I was at Wright Nissan at Wexford (Pitt) for an issue unrelated to my 2018 Titan Pro-4X and happened to note that the engine (390 hp/394 lb-ft tq) and transmission on a 2020 Armada were manufactured in Japan. This is clearly on a parts content sticker on the passenger side bottom of the windshield. I knew about the transmission, but thought all VK56VD engine's were manufactured in TN. The assembly on the sticker states Norfolk and there is hardly any US/Canadian content in the vehicle. I thought that the Armada's were also assembled in MS.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I thought engine was made is usa then exported to Japan to be installed in Armada. The current gen Armada is made in Japan. Nissan vehicles made in Japan use a vin that starts with “J”. Below is a snap of my sticker.. I guess the finish things up in LA..

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, possibly LA for West Coast and Norfolk for East Coast deliveries. I mentioned the VIN starting with a J, and Japanese build to a sales rep at the dealership, and she was slightly confused.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe what I saw on the window sticker was 5% US/Canadian content. However, it is interesting that the engine is Japanese, with all the noise about the engine defects related to the oil jet installation, I wonder whether the problem was limited to engines sourced from either only US or only Japan.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My wife has a 2/17 build 17 Armada and she developed a slight knock around 10K miles. Currently has 36K on the clock and it has not changed at all for better or for worse. It's very slight and only when in gear on a cold motor first thing in the morning. Our powertrain warranty is up at 60K so if I still have the car I'll take it in towards the end of the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My wife has a 2/17 build 17 Armada and she developed a slight knock around 10K miles. Currently has 36K on the clock and it has not changed at all for better or for worse. It's very slight and only when in gear on a cold motor first thing in the morning. Our powertrain warranty is up at 60K so if I still have the car I'll take it in towards the end of the powertrain warranty.
You should take it in now. What happens if you develop issues after the engine replacement and it is no longer under warranty? If you do it now, you still have a fair amount of warranty left to take care of any issues aftrwards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts