Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good screen protector for the nav screen on the 20’ up Titans..

Starting to get some scratches on the shiny plastic screen...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wondered the same. Usually it comes from the factory with one, which I leave on. However my '21 Titan did not...unless the dealer removed it. I'm going to buy some for the larger iPad and trim to fit. I'll let you know if it works.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ones made of glass seem cool... Need to try and size some up...

·
Registered
784 Posts
My 2020 scree is all scratched up now after 8 months. I aint tripping about it though. Maybe it could get covered under warrant like my 07 G35 that came with crappy paint on the interior door panels and steering wheel. Entire steering wheel got replaced under warranty because the paint peeled off if you LOOK at it too long lol

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
238 Posts
I keep an over sized sunglasses cloth in the drivers side console pocket, just to while the screen daily...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I’m going to let my delamination take all the way over and get a new screen and probably get a tempered glass iPad screen protector to size up and place on the new screen

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I keep an over sized sunglasses cloth in the drivers side console pocket, just to while the screen daily...
I have one of the small sized California Dusters just for the interior, it’s great on the dash and zero scratches on the plastics. You apply no pressure just let the strands hang and slide across.

Clint

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
It's actually pretty sad if they make such a poor quality touch screen that it needs to be protected. My Samsung Galaxy S7 phone screen and my Galaxy Tablet screen are still flawless after 3+ years of use with nothing protecting them at all.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's actually pretty sad if they make such a poor quality touch screen that it needs to be protected. My Samsung Galaxy S7 phone screen and my Galaxy Tablet screen are still flawless after 3+ years of use with nothing protecting them at all.
I’d bet good money them tablet screens are glass..

Glass is heavy so i’m sure the Titan folks used plastic to save weight and improve gas mileage..

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
348 Posts
I’m going to let my delamination take all the way over and get a new screen and probably get a tempered glass iPad screen protector to size up and place on the new screen
I thought there was a recall on units that were experiencing the delamination?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I’d bet good money them tablet screens are glass..

Glass is heavy so i’m sure the Titan folks used plastic to save weight and improve gas mileage..
LOL. You are probably right.

Although I don't think a 10" glass screen would decrease the gas mileage in our trucks.

I just think it's sad that we spend $40-$50k on these trucks and then have to think about a screen protector.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
238 Posts
At least the updated nissan's have the capacitive screen and not the cheap feeling/looking resistive screen. I think the new Rogue's have been updated, Maxima's, Titan's, Armada's. The solid feel of the new screen is much nicer. You can spend twice as much and have the same interface. And anyway, what would happen to the screen protector industry if screens actually survived hard use? Those manufacturers gotta make $$ too...

·
Registered
2020 Baja Storm Pro 4X
19 Posts
So, I have just started noticing that my 2020 screen looks like it is delaminating as well! Seems like this started this fairly recently! Should I try and take it back? Anyone else done it?

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
So, I have just started noticing that my 2020 screen looks like it is delaminating as well! Seems like this started this fairly recently! Should I try and take it back? Anyone else done it?
Is the screen blotchy when off and looking across it? If it is they shouldn’t do anything other than look at it and order a new one. I wouldn’t make an appointment to show them all they have to do is look at it.

Clint

Reactions: CBEllis

·
Registered
2020 Baja Storm Pro 4X
19 Posts
Is the screen blotchy when off and looking across it? If it is they shouldn’t do anything other than look at it and order a new one. I wouldn’t make an appointment to show them all they have to do is look at it.

Clint
Yes! You have to be looking at it from an angle and have something to bounce the light back off of it, or just be looking at it with sunglasses too. It looks like it is all jacked up, but when it's straight on you can't really see it as much. Here is a pic:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Yes! You have to be looking at it from an angle and have something to bounce the light back off of it, or just be looking at it with sunglasses too. It looks like it is all jacked up, but when it's straight on you can't really see it as much. Here is a pic:
That’s it, I was going to buy a different white one and when I got there they said it couldn’t be sold until repaired so I got the one I have from a different dealer. I have no idea if mine was replaced.

·
Registered
2020 Baja Storm Pro 4X
19 Posts
That’s it, I was going to buy a different white one and when I got there they said it couldn’t be sold until repaired so I got the one I have from a different dealer. I have no idea if mine was replaced.
Thanks for the confirmation. I will be getting them on it Monday. :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, the screen is a bit of an issue. It looks great, but some sort of protector, or even a "cloth" that comes with the truck to give you a heads up it scratches easy would be great. I made the mistake of one quick cleaning early on with a paper towel and it did leave a few scratches (and I'm bummed). Not horrid, saw it immediately and learned my lesson. But while I love the screen, I do wish I had known!

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
238 Posts
Man - that is bad. That would drive me completely insane. The dealer would definitely be notified and ordering a replacement if that were my truck.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts