Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I’m going to let mine get a little worse before I take mine in so they don’t try to give me the run around and make me waste a trip.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
I’m going to let mine get a little worse before I take mine in so they don’t try to give me the run around and make me waste a trip.
View attachment 548561
How long have you had your truck? I bought mine 7/31 and the other truck I looked at was about as bad as yours when I looked in the window and it already had the Nissan mandated stop sale applied to it which was the middle of July. A simple call to corporate from the dealership works wonders.

Clint

·
Registered
2020 Baja Storm Pro 4X
19 Posts
I bought mine on 7/24. I just started noticing it about a month ago.

·
Registered
226 Posts
How long have you had your truck? I bought mine 7/31 and the other truck I looked at was about as bad as yours when I looked in the window and it already had the Nissan mandated stop sale applied to it which was the middle of July. A simple call to corporate from the dealership works wonders.

Clint
Build date of 12/19, I bought it in 2/20. Screen didn’t start getting flaky until the summer. The first spot was the top left corner and now it’s doing it everywhere but not as bad as some pics that I’ve seen on here. Hopefully I can just send a photo of it to my service advisor and they’ll take care of it that way so I only have to make one trip to get the work done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i saw a youtube review of a 2020 Titan and the guy reviewing it mentioned the screen delaminating. He said Nissan was claiming it had to do with the testers using antiseptic wipes on the interior due to covid.

Unable to locate the video now of course.

I do know the screen in my wifes 2016 Rogue didnt take kindly to paper towels.

·
Registered
2020 Baja Storm Pro 4X
19 Posts
Yeah that sounds like BS. It’s on the inside, so why would that cause the inside to de-laminate. Plus, I’ve never used a sanitizing wipe on mine unless the dealer did it.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Yeah that sounds like BS. It’s on the inside, so why would that cause the inside to de-laminate. Plus, I’ve never used a sanitizing wipe on mine unless the dealer did it.
Interesting excuse that that dealer used. My son works for Tesla and they sanitize those cars between test drives and he said the sanitizer does nothing damaging to the interiors at all.
The Titans with stop sale orders were new stock not demos.

Clint

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
They can't even get the screen right. Imagine what other things you can't see that are screwed up. Doesn't instill confidence in the Nissan brand.

·
Registered
2020 Baja Storm Pro 4X
19 Posts
They can't even get the screen right. Imagine what other things you can't see that are screwed up. Doesn't instill confidence in the Nissan brand.
Well I hope that’s not the case. I’ve owned nothing but Nissans for the last several years and I’ve not experienced anything like this with a screen, however I am sure they switch out manufacturers so maybe it was just a bad batch. I just wish the resolution on the cameras was a little better. Chevy has a damn near HD camera on their new stuff. 😄

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Build date of 12/19, I bought it in 2/20. Screen didn’t start getting flaky until the summer. The first spot was the top left corner and now it’s doing it everywhere but not as bad as some pics that I’ve seen on here. Hopefully I can just send a photo of it to my service advisor and they’ll take care of it that way so I only have to make one trip to get the work done.
Well I hope that’s not the case. I’ve owned nothing but Nissans for the last several years and I’ve not experienced anything like this with a screen, however I am sure they switch out manufacturers so maybe it was just a bad batch. I just wish the resolution on the cameras was a little better. Chevy has a damn near HD camera on their new stuff. 😄
Nissan did attempt to make it right by doing a stop sale on the Titans to replace the screens when the issue was discovered. Some were sold before the stop sale and I am sure a few shady dealer blew it off... My screen was replaced before I purchased it.
I think all the 12/19 builds had the issue..

All mfg’s seem to have gone to the shiny screens which unless is made of glass or diamonds will be prone to scratching...

My homeboy’s 12” center stack screen in his Ram is experiencing some scratching as well. He was able to get a screen protector... None made as of yet for the Titan that I can find...

You would not even tell there is any scratching on my screen unless you are looking at it at night with system off and shining a flashlight on it at certain angles after its cleaned.... lol!!

Like paint I want some protection on the screen before it gets screwed up.. I may try the idea of trimming an ipad screen cover...

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
212 Posts
Take PRJ with a grain of salt. Based on his input here, he's a glass half empty, wrong side of the bed type guy.
I bought a screen cleaning kit at Office Depot, large microfiber cloth, fine mist spray (large can) all in the kit - made for ipad / laptop touch screens, from "Dust Off." I keep the can in the console and the cloth in the little side cubby by my knee. I did the same thing with the Alpine in my Ford. My Dad does the same thing in his F250. It works perfectly and keeps the screen super-clean. And, it may be one of my pet peeves but, only I touch the screen. The passenger can only adjust the volume knob...but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Take PRJ with a grain of salt. Based on his input here, he's a glass half empty, wrong side of the bed type guy.
I bought a screen cleaning kit at Office Depot, large microfiber cloth, fine mist spray (large can) all in the kit - made for ipad / laptop touch screens, from "Dust Off." I keep the can in the console and the cloth in the little side cubby by my knee. I did the same thing with the Alpine in my Ford. My Dad does the same thing in his F250. It works perfectly and keeps the screen super-clean. And, it may be one of my pet peeves but, only I touch the screen. The passenger can only adjust the volume knob...but that's just me.
Does that product reduce static electricity so less dust sticks to begin with?

Clint

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
212 Posts
It definitely does. But I also keep a freakin swiffer in the console too. The all-black interior is a dust magnet! But the Dust Off is safe for the screen, as far as I can tell.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
It definitely does. But I also keep a freakin swiffer in the console too. The all-black interior is a dust magnet! But the Dust Off is safe for the screen, as far as I can tell.
Go buy a mini California Duster, it’s excellent for the interior.

Clint

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
There is a whole thread on this forum dedicated to the screen delaminating. There is another thread about engine knock and people having to get engines replaced on brand new vehicles. There is another thread about the whole truck vibrating between 60-70 mph. There is another thread about the transmission shifting harshly. Another thread about the gas tank whistling when filling up.

Go ahead...take my comments with a grain of salt. The reality is there are some serious design flaws with the Titan.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
There is a whole thread on this forum dedicated to the screen delaminating. There is another thread about engine knock and people having to get engines replaced on brand new vehicles. There is another thread about the whole truck vibrating between 60-70 mph. There is another thread about the transmission shifting harshly.

Go ahead...take my comments with a grain of salt. The reality is there are some serious design flaws with the Titan.
Why do you endure the torture of leasing your truck? You can trade it in and have them buy it out, you can sell it for more than what you owe, there are choices, you’re not stuck in it.
I had a friend like you, if he bought a Bentley he’d find fault with it even though they go through a meticulous inspection process.

Clint

Reactions: Outoforder

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Because it's under warranty and I can hand it back in August. I can either buy the same or get something different.

I only fault products if they have problems. Unlike you and some others when I spend $40-$50k on a car I expect better and I don't just brush it off and say "they all have issues" as if that makes it right.

And Really? Spend $50k on a truck and its ok that the touch screen is delaminating and it's ok that engines have to be replaced?! What is this alternate reality that you live in?

Other vehicle in the household is a 2016 4runner. Zero issues with it in 83,000 miles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Because it's under warranty and I can hand it back in August. I can either buy the same or get something different.

I only fault products if they have problems. Unlike you and some others when I spend $40-$50k on a car I expect better and I don't just brush it off and say "they all have issues" as if that makes it right.

And Really? Spend $50k on a truck and its ok that the touch screen is delaminating and it's ok that engines have to be replaced?! What is this alternate reality that you live in?

Other vehicle in the household is a 2016 4runner. Zero issues with it in 83,000 miles.

Nobody told you or anyone to pound sand over a radio screen or other legitimate failure.
The engines are a big concern, I surely wouldn’t be happy but if they’re replacing them that too isn’t a problem.
If I was as displeased as you appear to be I would have already bailed on the truck.
It’s a lease, you’re renting the truck so that should make you that much more indifferent about it. It is a fact that each brand of any model vehicle has its own issues, it’s not an excuse, it’s just a fact.

Clint

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
When vehicles have problems we get inconvenienced by something we shouldn't have to be inconvenienced by. Its an hour round trip for me to the dealer. So when something goes wrong I have to take time off work to get a vehicle fixed. Time that I shouldn't have to take off such as I had to do when my engine was replaced at 15,000 miles.

Currently it has the whistling gas tank issue and there is something bad rattling coming out of the front suspension when going over bumps. But I'm not taking anymore time out of my day at this point to have it checked out. I can turn it in in August and it can be someone else's problem.

At that time I will either get another Titan if I feel they have worked out the issues or I will go Toyota. A brand that has never given me trouble on past vehicles of theirs that I have owned.

If you were burned twice by Nissan, like I have been with my 2004 Titan and my 2018 Titan, I guarantee you would have different viewpoint.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts