Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit over 2k miles on my 2020 Pro4x. I wanted to list some of the likes and dislikes so far. Since I previously owned a 17' SL and 19' Pro4x I will speak more to the differences between them to hopefully help you folks out there that might be looking to upgrade.

What I like:
1. Transmission and rear end ratio a big plus. Urban driving performance and urban fuel efficiency is improved. No throttle lags or dead pedal. Tranny downshifts easily enough with light throttle application.

2. Larger Infotainment screen.

3. Headlights, fog lights, and high beams are all led. (on trims that come with led lighting). Headlight illumination greatly improved.

4. Towing acceleration is greatly improved. I pulled a 5200lb load about 73 miles. Didn't even feel the trailer. The truck accelerated as if I was pulling a small jet ski. Tranny does a great job finding and holding the right gear. No excessive downshifting when going up hills.

5. Styling of headlights and interior styling very nice.

6. City gas mileage in my 19' was usually 14 to 15mpg. The same trips in the 20' are now in the 17 to upper 16 mpg range. Hwy mileage seems exactly the same as what my 19' was getting. With the city mpg improvements my combined mpg has improved from 17.8 mpg on my previous 19' to 18.5 mpg on my 20'.... using regular 87 octane. I haven't tried 93 octane yet..

What I dislike:
1. The range of the parking sonar system is greatly reduced. Regardless of settings the parking sonar alerts will not start until you are like 3-5ft from an obstacle. Also, when you drive up to an obstacle the front camera will no longer turn on; you have to either hit the camera button or rely on sonar alerts. i did complain to dealer who indicated other folks have complained and reported the issues to Nissan as the techs stated the system is not in any error mode.

2. The navigation map always defaults to zoomed in view each time the truck is started. In previous years I could zoom the map out a certain level and the system would retain that setting...... you now have to manually zoom the map out each time you drive.

3. The 360' camera display will periodically lag when you start to back out of a parking spot....(you back up 6 feet before the camera display shows you are moving)

I am overall happy with the truck... the good thing is most of my complaints seem like they can be fixed with a software update.....

I'm sure some of you can add to this list!!! Let's hear it good and bad!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I haven't driven my 2020 pro4x nearly as much as you have but if i were going to make a full list of pros/cons I think I'd have written basically the exact same thing. The camera not turning on automatically when the sonar engages is sorely missed, because I had really gotten used to it in my '17.

But from your pro list about dead pedal / throttle lag, I have had a couple instances of pulling out of a parking lot onto the street where I have had a good bit of lag, where I hit the pedal and the truck just doesn't respond at all for 1-2 seconds. My truck has a build date of 1/20.

Reactions: Nick741 and aba4430

·
Registered
99 Posts
For the camera not turning on with the sonar; maybe it was a safety issue involving people looking down at their screen instead of keeping their head up while parking. This isn't a knock on anyone, I love this feature in my 2019. Just thinking of a reason why they would remove it..

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 2006 Nissan Titan SE (sold)
169 Posts
I'm just shy of 2000 myself and am enjoying ownership thus far. It does seem like they went a little cheap with the cameras, the steering wheel radio controls could be a little more ergonomic, and I wish the antenna wasn't a fixed mast. There is a lot of travel in the suspension, but for a truck that is meant to have some off-roading prowess, I guess that's expected. I do notice a little hesitation in throttle tip-in, but I wonder if that's how car manufacturers are trying to stretch their EPA ratings by limiting the amount of throttle that can be applied from start, or it can also be the traction control.

The cabin is very serene, almost luxury car quiet. Visibility is also nice. The LEDs are very bright and precise. The front grill looks rather menacing but not too aggressive. The fender audio system is great, even though I may be taking mine into the shop for a front speaker that sounds damaged. I do wish I would've opted for the ventilated seats as it does get hot inside. All in all, I'm enjoying my new purchase.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I haven't driven my 2020 pro4x nearly as much as you have but if i were going to make a full list of pros/cons I think I'd have written basically the exact same thing. The camera not turning on automatically when the sonar engages is sorely missed, because I had really gotten used to it in my '17.

But from your pro list about dead pedal / throttle lag, I have had a couple instances of pulling out of a parking lot onto the street where I have had a good bit of lag, where I hit the pedal and the truck just doesn't respond at all for 1-2 seconds. My truck has a build date of 1/20.
Install an iDrive throttle controller for about $220 and it will be the cheapest, best mod you will have ever done. Literally installs in 5 minutes. Run the U2 setting.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

For about the 1st 1500 miles I has some weird hesitation and lag that eventually went away.. Not sure if its the ecm learning or what...

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
374 Posts
so some trucks have front cameras? my wife always complains about no front camera, why, I have no idea as we have never had that and 10-15 years ago, was that even a thing?

maybe the truck has to be a certain level to have it because I don't think my 2017 has it? its got all kinds of other weird annoying beeping when parking or driving through the drive through but I have never seen a front camera come on.

·
Registered
226 Posts
so some trucks have front cameras? my wife always complains about no front camera, why, I have no idea as we have never had that and 10-15 years ago, was that even a thing?

maybe the truck has to be a certain level to have it because I don't think my 2017 has it? its got all kinds of other weird annoying beeping when parking or driving through the drive through but I have never seen a front camera come on.
Only the trucks with the around view monitor has a front camera. For the 2017-2019 titans, this only came on the Pro4x or Platinum Reserve models. It basically uses 4 cameras to stitch together an overhead view. You can switch through views by hitting the camera button (front, side, rear, etc.) and the cameras come on when you approach an object.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
374 Posts
just for the heck of it, I am going to hit that camera button and see what happens. I don't think I have ever touched it

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Some vehicles with adaptive cruise control are NOT compatible with throttle response systems so before buying one make sure they will work.

Clint

·
Registered
433 Posts
My camera comes on when I am really close to an object. Whenever I park etc., I turn the camera on manually. Its added assurance for me.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
374 Posts
Ok. Well mine only comes on in reverse. When you hit the button going forward slowly, it takes to to a screen to turn on or off the lines on the screen.

Oh well. The wife was so excited about the but now she will just have to drive the 99 Cherokee to work

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have any of you 2020 guys experienced the delamination Issues on the infotainment system?
Nissan did a stop sale to replace the screens in June. If u bought one before then take it in they will replace it with an upgraded screen...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Went to dealer this morning for an inspection sticker...not one 2020 on the lot! Not sure if they were sold out or didn't order any. The sales person said they have been "stupid" busy since April. Good for Nissan!

·
Registered
2020 NISSAN TITAN PRO 4X
56 Posts
4400 miles on mine. I still suffer with the hunting between 25-35 mph at times but not consistant. Just had my infotainment system replaced under warranty for the delamination problem (i didnt realize they had to replace the entire radio). Screwed up my Sirius subscription since they recognized a new radio and those morons don't speak english so couldn't figure out how to give me back my promo. Other than the hunting I have had no issues. I do notice the travel in the suspension but as the above poster I guess that is due to the Pro4x trim. Towing is nice has I have only towed at max 3,000 lbs and didnt notice it and my gas mileage wasn't really affected. Love my truck!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
They should give us a 1 year subscription with a new vehicle.

Clint

·
Registered
172 Posts
Screwed up my Sirius subscription since they recognized a new radio and those morons don't speak english so couldn't figure out how to give me back my promo.
The only way I can ever deal with SiriusXM is via their online chat. The chat reps can do everything the phone reps can but it's so much easier to communicate with them.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
I tried to merge my subscription from the last Titan to the new one and 1 hour and 37 minutes later of being on hold I gave up. It’s such a horribly run company.

Clint

1 - 20 of 43 Posts