Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
367 Posts
I didn't even try any more after that weekend of crap dealing with them. Oh well, I have fm

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have about 500 miles on my SV 4x4 and I am very pleased. It is a little slow coming out of the gate, but as I understand it, its to save on gas.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
367 Posts
I have about 500 miles on my SV 4x4 and I am very pleased. It is a little slow coming out of the gate, but as I understand it, its to save on gas.
That's odd since a couple auto sites listed the titan as the fastest of the big 5 full size trucks. 5.9 0-60 is fairly quick.

Mine is really quick from a stop. And if you turn off traction control, it just spins the tires and the back end comes a little sideways as you move forward

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Both of my second gens have great acceleration. Extremely pleased with them.

Clint

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also, when you drive up to an obstacle the front camera will no longer turn on; you have to either hit the camera button or rely on sonar alerts. i did complain to dealer who indicated other folks have complained and reported the issues to Nissan as the techs stated the system is not in any error mode.
I tested this today when parking, and my front camera does come on automatically under some circumstances. It seems like you have to be moving VERY slowly, and also you need to get pretty close to an object for it to come on. But it does do it on its own (sometimes). I do usually just press the button to get it on early anyway though.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
367 Posts
my wife was reading the manual and its says 1-4 mph in drive and it should come on. that is how we learned we do not have that option after reading about it in another thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's odd since a couple auto sites listed the titan as the fastest of the big 5 full size trucks. 5.9 0-60 is fairly quick.

Mine is really quick from a stop. And if you turn off traction control, it just spins the tires and the back end comes a little sideways as you move forward
I have found if I get "on it" it is great. If I baby it a little bit its a little squeamish

·
Registered
149 Posts
I test drove a ‘20 a while back. I like the interior, hated all the electric nannies. But the main issue was the throttle lag was horrible. I thought the adaptative cruise control was braking the truck. Pulled over and ensured it was turned off and it was the same. Told the salesman about it and he said he didn’t know. Also didn’t like the Fender as much as I like the Rockford

Looked at another ‘20 on the lot and the DRL’s looked like they were barely on and they were flickering.

So i got back in my ‘18 and left.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For the camera not turning on with the sonar; maybe it was a safety issue involving people looking down at their screen instead of keeping their head up while parking. This isn't a knock on anyone, I love this feature in my 2019. Just thinking of a reason why they would remove it..
My dealership was told by Nissan that the front camera not switching on automatically is due to compatability issues with the new pedestrian detection system. I guess people won out over poles.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My dealership was told by Nissan that the front camera not switching on automatically is due to compatability issues with the new pedestrian detection system. I guess people won out over poles.
I would hope that is something they can figure out soon and issue a tsb...

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
367 Posts
I still don't know why people need a front facing camera. I guess i need to have something with one before I know I need it

·
Registered
177 Posts
I wish I had it in my 2017. I have the rear but not front. It helps when parking in garages of all types.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I still don't know why people need a front facing camera. I guess i need to have something with one before I know I need it
I keep my truck in a storage unit currently because I’ve been working out of the country, and it’s so nice having that camera because the truck is almost exactly as long as the storage unit. I have to just about touch the front wall to be able to close the door. The camera makes that very easy for me to do on my own. And the around view is brilliant. It’s one of those things that you never knew how much you needed until you used it.

it also greatly helps your forward vision when off-roading over hills.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Not sure if it was the big pothole I hit the other day but man my forward sonar is working great now...

Still wish the damn camera would come on automatically when pulling up close to an object....:

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I keep my truck in a storage unit currently because I’ve been working out of the country, and it’s so nice having that camera because the truck is almost exactly as long as the storage unit. I have to just about touch the front wall to be able to close the door. The camera makes that very easy for me to do on my own. And the around view is brilliant. It’s one of those things that you never knew how much you needed until you used it.

it also greatly helps your forward vision when off-roading over hills.
^^^This.

I use it all the time for parking in my garage and other places. Not that I need a front camera but I sure do like it.

·
Registered
216 Posts

My truck is quick from a stop sometimes. Sometimes I have to dig in the pedal a bit more. May have something to do with gas quality. I know my truck feels faster when I pump 91 octane at chevron as opposed to 87 at Arco.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts