Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the retune is to the Endurance engine to get the numbers of 400hp and 413 lbs of Torque?

·
Registered
392 Posts
It’s spec’d at 400 hp and 413 lb-ft torque using premium grade fuel. Not sure what other tuning, if any is applicable.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would think an UpRev tune would trump the 93oc tune in the 2020's anyhow.

I'm sure others can chime in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
When they first posted videos of the second generation Titan, they claimed the Endurance engine made 401 hp and 401 Torque. When the brochure was published(2016) it stated only 390 hp and 395 torque. The 2020 specs are saying 401 Hp and 413 Torque with a re-tune (from factory?) on premium fuel? Cant see 10hp and 18 torque gain on premium fuel.I personally own a 2018 midnight edition SV with a dealer replaced long block engine after 16,000km (knocking started). This Wednesday they are replacing my steering rack due to the steering boot leaking. Truck was bought April 2018. I have the vibration at 60-65pmh( 100km-115km) as well. Right now it has 18 inch steel rims with Ipike tires. Factory are the stock 20inch rims. Vibration coming with both set of tires. The vibration is about the same.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm guessing everything about the 2020 gas motor is the same as the 2016-19. When premium fuel is used in the 2020 there's a 2nd set of fuel maps that's able to produce the greater power output.

·
Registered
229 Posts
What can the Titan do at 400 that it can't do at 390? More of marketing fluff than anything.
All marketing. I’m surprised they didn’t increase the towing number more than they did. It looks like they are stuck now with the lowest towing numbers for a half ton truck because of the XD lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Yeah. Not sure the majority of people buy a half ton truck just because of towing. I don't tow anything other than a 4x8 aluminum trailer with some plastic kayaks on it. I buy my half ton for the 4x4, room to haul my mountain bikes, room to haul my ice fishing gear, room to haul my hunting gear and a bunch of other outdoor gear. Towing capacity is the last on my list for buying a truck and is probably the last on the list of 90% of truck owners.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah. Not sure the majority of people buy a half ton truck just because of towing. I don't tow anything other than a 4x8 aluminum trailer with some plastic kayaks on it. I buy my half ton for the 4x4, room to haul my mountain bikes, room to haul my ice fishing gear, room to haul my hunting gear and a bunch of other outdoor gear. Towing capacity is the last on my list for buying a truck and is probably the last on the list of 90% of truck owners.
Perhaps. But I’ve met a few people where towing numbers appear to be directly proportional to the length of their penis though. And they probably also don’t tow anything.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Perhaps. But I’ve met a few people where towing numbers appear to be directly proportional to the length of their penis though. And they probably also don’t tow anything.

True story!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I towed an 8000lb load with a bad short block @ 9k ft. Performance was outstanding with the exception of the knocking lol. Towing capacity on these newer 1/2 tons are outstanding. People get stupid with towing capacity numbers.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Anyone with a 2020 yet … how's the new 9 speed trans and shift points ?

·
Registered
476 Posts
After taking this truck on an extended road trip, I can report that the transmission is indeed smooth shifting. It pairs well to the V8 engine. It can kick down two or three gears when climbing a hill, and then again settle into 9th without any drama. I did not get to tow a trailer on this trip, but the truck was loaded with my family and our ski gear for a weekend in the mountains.From: The Fast Lane Truck

·
Registered
611 Posts
They aren't available for sale yet.
Wow, thought Nissan usually started getting next years models on the lot in November ?

I know Toyota starts in Sept for their trucks.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Dealers can take orders now and I believe trucks go into production end of January and should be on lots in 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The US EPA numbers aren't out, but the Canadian equivalents are: The Truth About Cars. Looks like an improvement but nothing to write home about unless you do a lot of stop and go - urban driving. Little remarked by many reviews is that the Titan V8 2nd gen was actually more fuel efficient than most of the V8s of its competitors. But progress is progress....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Premium fuel gets u those numbers. Not really a big deal. I run premium on the 2018 Pro4x since my other 2 cars use premium (supercharged) so it's just habit when I'm filing up the pro4.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts