Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m hoping to keep the pistol in the center console with a hidden false bottom as I currently do in our Armada.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My SU16C is 27.5 inches in length, do you guys think that will fit in the larger of the two underseat storage area? Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Guys, I need to know the dimensions of the locking storage boxes underneath the rear seats on the 2020 Pro 4X Crew Cab, can someone do me a favor and measure the depth, width, etc.? Also, I assume that you use the key in the key FOB to lock it? Thanks fellas.
In my 2017 Pro-4x, the length is 46.5" with a 3.5" opening from one side to the other that a gun/rifle of 46" long or less would fit. Yes, both sides are lockable with the physical key in the fob, locking said rifle in that compartment no problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In my 2017 Pro-4x, the length is 46.5" with a 3.5" opening from one side to the other that a gun/rifle of 46" long or less would fit. Yes, both sides are lockable with the physical key in the fob.
Thanks so much, I assume it’s the same for a 2020. One question, it appears that there are two separate “boxes”, do you know the size of the larger if the two? I know the smaller is way too small for the rifle, I’m hoping the larger one will work. Thanks. Cheers!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks so much, I assume it’s the same for a 2020. One question, it appears that there are two separate “boxes”, do you know the size of the larger if the two? I know the smaller is way too small for the rifle, I’m hoping the larger one will work. Thanks. Cheers!
Like I said, the full width is 46.5" as long as the rifle isn't wider than 3.5" where the two sides connect. So, the barrel of the rifle can lay flat in that box with the lid closed and locked at 46.5" long. Edit: 28.5" is the length of the longer side, 14" on the short side...with the 4" connector between the 2 sides. Here is a link to some images of said storage...and as you can see the depression between the 2 sides where the 46.5" long rifle could lay...Storage Box after removing the removable dividers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like I said, the full width is 46.5" as long as the rifle isn't wider than 3.5" where the two sides connect. So, the barrel of the rifle can lay flat in that box with the lid closed and locked at 46.5" long.
Okay, I assumed they were two completely separate boxes, I didn’t think you could place an item across both boxes. Thanks again. That’s good news, I only need about 28 inches. Cheers!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Okay, I assumed they were two completely separate boxes, I didn’t think you could place an item across both boxes. Thanks again. That’s good news, I only need about 28 inches. Cheers!
I edited the last post with more details...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like I said, the full width is 46.5" as long as the rifle isn't wider than 3.5" where the two sides connect. So, the barrel of the rifle can lay flat in that box with the lid closed and locked at 46.5" long. Edit: 28.5" is the length of the longer side, 14" on the short side...with the 4" connector between the 2 sides. Here is a link to some images of said storage...and as you can see the depression between the 2 sides where the 46.5" long rifle could lay...Storage Box after removing the removable dividers.
That’s great information. It appears it should fit perfectly in the larger if the two “boxes”. Thanks so much for your assistance. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
I wouldn’t put any weapon in there it is not a secure place.

Clint

·
Registered
18 Posts
I may just try to have a metal box fabricated to fit the space with an appropriate lock, we'll see once I’ve had an opportunity to see what’s there from the factory. Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’m hoping to keep the pistol in the center console with a hidden false bottom as I currently do in our Armada.
Nothing really fits in those boxes under the seat there really small that's why I removed that thing in my truck I can put back packs under the rear seat

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a ton of stuff in my storage box, including jumper cables, tow straps, receiver hitch and spare ball, few pairs of gloves, hats, first aid kit, 2 bed rail track tie downs, etc. I still have room for more, and I'm able to close and lock the lids. I have found it extremely useful, and would still be able to carry a rifle in there if I needed with the other stuff included. The key is to remove the dividers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a ton of stuff in my storage box, including jumper cables, tow straps, receiver hitch and spare ball, few pairs of gloves, hats, first aid kit, 2 bed rail track tie downs, etc. I still have room for more, and I'm able to close and lock the lids. I have found it extremely useful, and would still be able to carry a rifle in there if I needed with the other stuff included. The key is to remove the dividers.
I’m looking forward to seeing it for myself. Thanks for all your input.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I’d steer clear of the Ram, I’ve heard a great deal of negative remarks on a whole host of issues related to that brand. If you don’t like the 2020 Titan, then wait for the 2021 Tundra redesign. I can’t wait so I think the Titan is the one for me. Cheers!
It's a moot point now as I went out and bought a Veloster N on a whim. Decided to keep my '12 Titan... nothing wrong with it and like I'd mentioned before, I wasn't "wowed" by the new trucks. I"ll likely transition the Veloster into an auto-x / track car at some point in the next year or so and then starting looking at trucks again.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
It's a moot point now as I went out and bought a Veloster N on a whim. Decided to keep my '12 Titan... nothing wrong with it and like I'd mentioned before, I wasn't "wowed" by the new trucks. I"ll likely transition the Veloster into an auto-x / track car at some point in the next year or so and then starting looking at trucks again.
That's cool my wife's daily driver is a Veloster RSpec. :D

Attachments

Reactions: TitanSteve

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
The N's are really cool, but we think they would be a little too hard core as a DD just like the '15 Subaru STi ended up being. And the N Veloster costs considerably more than a RSpec. But we think they are very cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
The N's are really cool, but we think they would be a little too hard core as a DD just like the '15 Subaru STi ended up being. And the N Veloster costs considerably more than a RSpec. But we think they are very cool.
Thanks, the N has been great so far. It’s far more civilized than the STI I drove. The suspension is fully adjustable and the power delivery is much more accessible. I drive my only in N Custom mode which allows me complete adjustability of pretty much all the settings. I drive with Sport+ exhaust and throttle response settings and then normal for suspension, steering and stability control.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts