Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning - New forum member, coming over from Ford Truck Enthusiasts and a 2017 F250 Powerstroke. The local Nissan dealership helped move me over to the Titan. Really impressed with the truck so far. They really wanted my 3/4 ton so I let’em have it ... here’s a pic of the new ride.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Looks sharp! Welcome to the Titan family.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nice looking ride!!

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So today I added a “Carlinkit 2.0” for wireless CarPlay and 1st impressions are pretty good. Had to disconnect the initial Bluetooth connection and “forget this car” and delete my phone from the Titan. But, initial setup is simple and the connection is much quicker than I expected. I had an Alpine ilx-107 in my F250 and it was a wireless CarPlay head unit, loved it. This Carlinkit 2.0 seems like a PERFECT adaptation for the Titan. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So we bought a Maxima for my wife earlier this year and it is a great, sporty family car. The driver conveniences are really nice. The new Titan mirrors almost everything from the drivers seat. But honestly, the local dealership wanted my Ford more than I did. I’ve never traded a newer vehicle because you almost always get screwed by a lowball offer - not this time. I wasn’t looking for a new truck but they sold me on it. The Ford was a great ride, no complaints. But the comfort of the Titan is night & day. Good warranty too. Super-happy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So today I added a “Carlinkit 2.0” for wireless CarPlay and 1st impressions are pretty good. Had to disconnect the initial Bluetooth connection and “forget this car” and delete my phone from the Titan. But, initial setup is simple and the connection is much quicker than I expected. I had an Alpine ilx-107 in my F250 and it was a wireless CarPlay head unit, loved it. This Carlinkit 2.0 seems like a PERFECT adaptation for the Titan. Time will tell.
This I have to try! I don’t care for the tablet replacement Android unit.
We almost have twins...

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
This I have to try! I don’t care for the tablet replacement Android unit.
We almost have twins...

View attachment 547428
Hey man - that’s a great pic! Good looking truck (I may be biased). So, the wireless CarPlay unit is working good, it connects probably 8 of 10 times. The times when it doesn’t connect as it should, I just unplug and replug the usb and it resumes correctly. I’ve reached out to a few users and asked about the firmware update. Initially, with the 1st gen kits, everyone said not to update the firmware but with this one, the 2.0, they supposedly have the bugs worked out. So I may try to update it today or tomorrow. But, I like the wireless feature and the factory Nissan screen is one of the best I’ve seen.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey man - that’s a great pic! Good looking truck (I may be biased). So, the wireless CarPlay unit is working good, it connects probably 8 of 10 times. The times when it doesn’t connect as it should, I just unplug and replug the usb and it resumes correctly. I’ve reached out to a few users and asked about the firmware update. Initially, with the 1st gen kits, everyone said not to update the firmware but with this one, the 2.0, they supposedly have the bugs worked out. So I may try to update it today or tomorrow. But, I like the wireless feature and the factory Nissan screen is one of the best I’ve seen.
Would you mind sharing the model number? When I look them up on Amazon, etc they have listings for other make vehicles but I haven’t seen Nissan versions yet.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you. I now realize you have a head unit that has CarPlay from the factory. I think that started fir 2020. I have the non-CarPlay head unit so I can only assume it would not work.
Yeah - you need to have factory CarPlay or a deck with aftermarket CarPlay. The 2.0 unit probably works with most of both. If you don’t have CarPlay, I’d get an aftermarket wireless unit from Alpine or Pioneer - they are both stellar.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah - you need to have factory CarPlay or a deck with aftermarket CarPlay. The 2.0 unit probably works with most of both. If you don’t have CarPlay, I’d get an aftermarket wireless unit from Alpine or Pioneer - they are both stellar.
The Phoenix model looks nice but it is quite a chunk of change.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Phoenix model looks nice but it is quite a chunk of change.
For the alpine in my last truck, harness, deck, steering wheel controls, etc - I was all in @ $1,000. The Phoenix unit is pretty cool looking - and you can add CarPlay and a wireless feature. But you’re right, that’s lots-o-mullah. The electronic interfaces in these trucks now are not fun to mess with.

·
Registered
21 Pro4X
21 Posts
Good Morning - New forum member, coming over from Ford Truck Enthusiasts and a 2017 F250 Powerstroke. The local Nissan dealership helped move me over to the Titan. Really impressed with the truck so far. They really wanted my 3/4 ton so I let’em have it ... here’s a pic of the new ride.
View attachment 547160

Looks awesome! btw what offset are you wheels and did you have to do any mods for tire rub?

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks awesome! btw what offset are you wheels and did you have to do any mods for tire rub?
They are -18 offset and no, no rubbing on the flares, fenders, frame, swaybar, etc. I’m offroad fairly regularly so I articulate the suspension to a mild/moderate level and I’ve never had it rub or bind. So far, so good. On a separate note, I do have a set of hubcentric rings coming in the mail, not sure why they weren’t installed originally but, I hope they help fix a small shimmy that I have around 65 mph. We’ll see. Otherwise, my favorite truck overall.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts