Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been looking to get the new Titan for some time now. I'm interested in doing a 0% 84 month loan (I don't mind a long loan since this is a truck I'll keep until it gives out). Is it reasonable to ask for sale price of $49-50k down from $58,690 MSRP. Has anyone had issues with dealers low balling even in a 72 month loan.

Any insight would be appreciated!

UPDATE Finally pulled the trigger. Didn't end up doing the 0% because dealer wouldn't discount much so ended up financing with them. OTD was $51.5k.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Betting you can get lower than that if you're willing to shop hard and walk out without the truck if they won't deal. I bought my 2011 new for about $15k below the $47k sticker (2011 was a different situation, somewhat) and my wife's 2017 Expedition Limited for $48k with a 100k warranty thrown in, down from $62k on the sticker, new in 2017.

Reactions: SV4X4

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
On 7/31 I bought a 2020 and got almost $10,000 off with 0% for 72 months, there was no 84 month’s available locally. Even though it’s free money I still pay $200 extra each month to kill it over a year early as I mentally need to stay ahead. You must get gap insurance or have money saved because you’d really get burned. At 84 months you’re taking a real gamble.

Clint

Reactions: VintageWIS

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X Rocky Ridge
85 Posts
Kevin - find two dealers (two ownership groups) and work them against each other. I purposely did this with my 2020 Titan. Something I didn’t plan, the other dealership called when I was dealing on the truck that I bought. I flipped the phone around and showed the sales manager that the other dealer was calling...timing could not have been better. He was so happy to “steal” my business from another dealer - it was a great transaction that I could probably never replicate. $10k off should be attainable.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Kevin - find two dealers (two ownership groups) and work them against each other. I purposely did this with my 2020 Titan. Something I didn’t plan, the other dealership called when I was dealing on the truck that I bought. I flipped the phone around and showed the sales manager that the other dealer was calling...timing could not have been better. He was so happy to “steal” my business from another dealer - it was a great transaction that I could probably never replicate. $10k off should be attainable.
It’s easier to just pick where you want to buy it and have it serviced and let them think you’ve been elsewhere and giving them a shot at it, I understand it worked for you but I surely don’t want to play the sales game and get played and waste hours doing it. This is a finely honed skill they have at playing it.
The dealership my Challenger and Wrangler are from is one of four they own, all large and very well stocked and operate under four different business names so people play “the game” and run from 1-4 and never know they just wasted time as it all goes to the same pocket and none are giving it away without making a profit. I met the general manager at a car show and turns out he lives on the next street from me so I get an earful about customers and the games they play trying to win.
My son is at Tesla for three years, a completely different sales model, you all pay the same, you get nothing off or free. They can deliver between 60-100 cars in a day by the end of the quarter, all brands wish they could touch that.
A buyer MUST walk in VERY focused as it’s a business transaction, absolutely show no excitement or emotion or it’s game over, they won. They need your money, you only want their truck. You’re in charge unless you cede your position to them.

Clint

·
Registered
85 Posts
It’s easier to just pick where you want to buy it and have it serviced and let them think you’ve been elsewhere and giving them a shot at it, I understand it worked for you but I surely don’t want to play the sales game and get played and waste hours doing it. This is a finely honed skill they have at playing it.
The dealership my Challenger and Wrangler are from is one of four they own, all large and very well stocked and operate under four different business names so people play “the game” and run from 1-4 and never know they just wasted time as it all goes to the same pocket and none are giving it away without making a profit. I met the general manager at a car show and turns out he lives on the next street from me so I get an earful about customers and the games they play trying to win.
My son is at Tesla for three years, a completely different sales model, you all pay the same, you get nothing off or free. They can deliver between 60-100 cars in a day by the end of the quarter, all brands wish they could touch that.
A buyer MUST walk in VERY focused as it’s a business transaction, absolutely show no excitement or emotion or it’s game over, they won. They need your money, you only want their truck. You’re in charge unless you cede your position to them.

Clint
Picking one dealer has never worked for me - knowledge is leverage. The experience of working with multiple dealers builds that knowledge. The new car buying experience is something I enjoy so I like playing the game - it comes around so seldom.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4x in Baja Storm
174 Posts
U must be willing to walk away. I always am. And they always have chased me down physically or via cell phone with their next "best offer". Let them know u can walk and find a better deal, if u can. You usually can. I got my 2020 in september for about 49k out the door. My trade was valued over what i paid for it new, i wrote a check for the remainder of the transaction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been looking to get the new Titan for some time now. I'm interested in doing a 0% 84 month loan (I don't mind a long loan since this is a truck I'll keep until it gives out). Is it reasonable to ask for sale price of $49-50k down from $58,690 MSRP. Has anyone had issues with dealers low balling even in a 72 month loan.

Any insight would be appreciated!
Bought 2020 Pro-4x $46,800 with “Titan” step rails, utility package, fender audio-fully loaded

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bought 2020 Pro-4x $46,800 with “Titan” step rails, utility package, fender audio-fully loaded
Hey Hojo, did the price you bought your truck for include any Nissan incentives. I found a truck similar to that price but the dealer wants to add and extra $3k for "protection package" in the fees

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On 7/31 I bought a 2020 and got almost $10,000 off with 0% for 72 months, there was no 84 month’s available locally. Even though it’s free money I still pay $200 extra each month to kill it over a year early as I mentally need to stay ahead. You must get gap insurance or have money saved because you’d really get burned. At 84 months you’re taking a real gamble.

Clint
I've seen a lot of people from other forums say the same thing, I guess I'll just have to stand fir until they reach back to me. Thanks for suggesting gap insurance, didn't give it too much of a thought

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Hojo, did the price you bought your truck for include any Nissan incentives. I found a truck similar to that price but the dealer wants to add and extra $3k for "protection package" in the fees
No. Out the door tax and reg in CA for $49k

·
Registered
3 Posts
No. Out the door tax and reg in CA for $49k
It is all black which might be why? I searched for two months on auto tempest CarGurus Carmax Kelley blue book everywhere west of the Mississippi and the price I got in Vallejo California of all places was as good as just about anywhere else. I did find however, the Texas has the most pro-4x at good prices.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Price seems about right. I went with the 0% for 82 months financing thru Nissan myself. There was 4k in incentives for that when I bought so my S model 4×4 with the tow package came out to the actual sticker of 44k after taxes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would also suggest the same. GAP insurance is a great relief, and you need to get it from a proper insurance agent since the legal hassles could be financially suffocating. Also, it's time-consuming. With the help of an agent, you are good to go in no time because they deal with these cases daily.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got $15,000 off of my loaded 2018 SV 4x4, had utility, convenience, and tow packages. Sticker was $47,215. I bought it in April of 2019. $6,000 factory rebate, dealer took off additional $9,000, no trade.
Wow - that’s awesome! Right place, right time. That’s a good deal.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 2006 Nissan Titan SE (sold)
220 Posts
I got $15,000 off of my loaded 2018 SV 4x4, had utility, convenience, and tow packages. Sticker was $47,215. I bought it in April of 2019. $6,000 factory rebate, dealer took off additional $9,000, no trade.
Wow - that’s awesome! Right place, right time. That’s a good deal.
On paper it's a good deal, but if you're buying a 2018 in 2019, you're essentially buying a year old vehicle. I know that it's still a new vehicle, but if you try to sell it in 2 years, it's going to be a "3 year old" truck. If you buy something that they've already released the next year's model on, make sure you intend on keeping the vehicle for a long time. It's not a bad deal, but remember that it's essentially a year old "new" truck.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
On paper it's a good deal, but if you're buying a 2018 in 2019, you're essentially buying a year old vehicle. I know that it's still a new vehicle, but if you try to sell it in 2 years, it's going to be a "3 year old" truck. If you buy something that they've already released the next year's model on, make sure you intend on keeping the vehicle for a long time. It's not a bad deal, but remember that it's essentially a year old "new" truck.
It doesn’t matter, he was compensated for its age. You pay less and you get less at time of sale, he did just fine.

Clint

1 - 20 of 23 Posts