Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to post my new 6" lift and since I went from a stock Pro4x suspension to a 3" and now a 6" lift, I thought I would do a comparison for those to reference the differences. So...moving from the stock suspension, I went to a 3" RC Lift with 285/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grappler and the a 6" RC Lift with 35/12.5/18 Nittos.

I did not like the ride when I went from the stock suspension and tires to the 3" lift. I put almost 5K miles on this setup and I was thinking about putting it back to stock because of the ride. I also thought the 6" lift would be much worse so I didn't consider it at first.

After doing some research, and talking to my installer, he told me the 6" lift would ride much better than the 3". I found the setup I wanted and I had them install it. I got the truck back yesterday (2 day install) and I couldn't be happier! I didn't even make it 1/2 mile down the road and I had to turn back and thank my installer. The truck rides MUCH better than I expected, not to mention how great it looks. I'm also very happy withe the stance.
IMG_7210.jpg
IMG_8150.jpg
IMG_8368.jpg
IMG_8370.jpg
IMG_8380.jpg
IMG_8381.jpg

The pictures do not do it justice.

I can't tell you why the 3" was so much different other that it must simply be the lift kit. and the tire setup with the stock wheels. It was installed per instruction by my the same installer who has literally done hundreds of them. I'm not trying to bash because I stayed with the same lift company. All I can say is if you are on the fence between 3" & 6", do yourself a favor and spend the extra money if you can and go with the 6" lift. You will not be disappointed!!!

I was also afraid I would not get it in the garage and it fits by 1/2". That was huge to me as well!

I have the RC 6" Lift, 18" Fuel Covert Wheels w-1 Offset on Nitto Ridge Grapplers

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks good. Would love to see the 35's with the 3" lift even though Im sure they would rub horribly. Would be very Raptoresque.

Makes no sense why the 3" would ride so bad especially if you were still using the oem Bilsteins and springs. Adding a spacer shouldnt change the ride at all.

Either way great looking truck.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. Would love to see the 35's with the 3" lift even though Im sure they would rub horribly. Would be very Raptoresque.

Makes no sense why the 3" would ride so bad especially if you were still using the oem Bilsteins and springs. Adding a spacer shouldnt change the ride at all.

Either way great looking truck.
Yeah, can't help you with the 35" on 3" but there would definitely be some surgery involved.
The OEM Blisteins were used but I think an alternative would be better IMO. I may be totally wrong, I'm not a suspension expert, all I know is I did not like the ride.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah, can't help you with the 35" on 3" but there would definitely be some surgery involved.
The OEM Blisteins were used but I think an alternative would be better IMO. I may be totally wrong, I'm not a suspension expert, all I know is I did not like the ride.
With 3" the only alternative is a lifted strut which would ride the best but there is only one place out there that makes them (ICON) and you can only get the kit through Nissan and its $2500. Not worth it IMO.

Dont wanna jack your thread. Great looking truck. Glad youre happy with it

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With 3" the only alternative is a lifted strut which would ride the best but there is only one place out there that makes them (ICON) and you can only get the kit through Nissan and its $2500. Not worth it IMO.

Dont wanna jack your thread. Great looking truck. Glad youre happy with it
Thanks.
$2500...I got my 6" kit with installation for just about that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What did you not like about the ride w/ the 3" RC lift? Or what differences did you experience VS. stock VS. 6" lift?

I just ordered the 3" kit, planning to run OEM rims and throw 295/70 Nitto RGs on it.... But instantly had some buyer remorse for not going with 6".... Now reading/seeing your posts I'm considering calling RC and asking to return/swap for the 6" lol.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
354 Posts
What did you not like about the ride w/ the 3" RC lift? Or what differences did you experience VS. stock VS. 6" lift?

I just ordered the 3" kit, planning to run OEM rims and throw 295/70 Nitto RGs on it.... But instantly had some buyer remorse for not going with 6".... Now reading/seeing your posts I'm considering calling RC and asking to return/swap for the 6" lol.
Go ahead and make the change now, you won’t regret moving to 6” but you will always wish you would have - especially after reading this post from Vulcan. The 6” lift on the Titan is the perfect partner. It’s a good ride height for daily driving, good for off road, drive-thrus, garages, parking garages, etc.

Reactions: Vulcan

·
Registered
194 Posts

Better rethink your wheel/tire combo to.
6" lift with 295/70's is gonna look horrible

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

IMO the ride was much rougher than I expected and going over bumps in the road it was very hard. My first experience when changed from stock to 3”, I didn’t think it was much different but you can definitely tell the difference. I think I gave into the ride because it look so nice. The more miles I put on, the less I liked the suspension and ride. The ride with the 6” is much softer. When I drive over the same roads, railroad tracks include, it’s just much more comfortable. Again, this is my experience. You may have a much better experience and/or better expectations than I did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I almost went with 37" tires. My installer said he could have done it, but then it wouldn't fit in the garage so I went with 35".
Interesting. Would 37s require PWM? Or did he mention what would be required, trimming or anything?
And I’m assuming you would’ve went with a negative offset on your wheels if you went with 37s?

I started the return for my 3” and have the 6” in order now. Haven’t got as far as which tire setup I’d go with just yet but more than likely something very similar.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would have went with 20" wheels and he said he could probably get away with trimming plastic. The RC lift cam with a bumper extension so I'm guessing that would of helped. I would have probably gone with the same offset -1.

You will be happy you went with 6". (y)

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
354 Posts
I would have went with 20" wheels and he said he could probably get away with trimming plastic. The RC lift cam with a bumper extension so I'm guessing that would of helped. I would have probably gone with the same offset -1.

You will be happy you went with 6". (y)
No-way man, those 18’s look perfect!

Reactions: Vulcan

·
Registered
145 Posts
I want a 6” Fabtech eventually but I don’t want to cut atm while truck is under warranty. Shouldn’t be a problem, but don’t want to risk. I picked up the PRG 3.5” kit for now that replaces the shocks and struts with Bilstein 5100 and 5125’s. I’ll see how that goes and eventually go higher.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know if the atm would affect warranty. It may depend on your Nissan dealer.
I took my truck in for a leaking CV seal and I was skeptical about the lift thinking it would not be covered under warranty. So when I took it in for the CV he said, "WOW truck looks great"! I was honest and told him I was concerned about the warranty and he said "don't worry about it, you're good." I'm not sure if he's just being cool and letting me slide or if maybe lifting our trucks really isn't a warranty issue. I always call the same service adviser (with my old Titan too) and give him good ratings on the survey they send out after service. I'm sure that doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
194 Posts
(y) Glad I could be of service. You'll be a happy camper once you see and drive it.
Yeah Im pysched about it. Its a ProComp lift so Im having 4Wheel Parts do it. Theyve done a few lifts for me in the past and do quality work. The guy there said he was excited because they "never" get to work on Nissan's. Dropping it Monday and should be ready Tuesday morning

1 - 20 of 21 Posts