Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I know this is older thread but I have the 3" Icon lift with Nitto 295/60/20 on mine it rides like a dream. I did have to take off the front mud flaps and I do get some rubbing at full turn but I have zero issues with the ride. I did try and clean up/melt the plastic trim inside and it is cracked from the tires hitting it, so I'll trim it up some more, but all in all, I am very happy with the Icon lift. I can't go higher because of the angle on my concrete apron on my garage I'd hit the top, but other than maybe sizing down a size in tires, I wouldn't change a thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
I was going to post my new 6" lift and since I went from a stock Pro4x suspension to a 3" and now a 6" lift, I thought I would do a comparison for those to reference the differences. So...moving from the stock suspension, I went to a 3" RC Lift with 285/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grappler and the a 6" RC Lift with 35/12.5/18 Nittos.

I did not like the ride when I went from the stock suspension and tires to the 3" lift. I put almost 5K miles on this setup and I was thinking about putting it back to stock because of the ride. I also thought the 6" lift would be much worse so I didn't consider it at first.

After doing some research, and talking to my installer, he told me the 6" lift would ride much better than the 3". I found the setup I wanted and I had them install it. I got the truck back yesterday (2 day install) and I couldn't be happier! I didn't even make it 1/2 mile down the road and I had to turn back and thank my installer. The truck rides MUCH better than I expected, not to mention how great it looks. I'm also very happy withe the stance. View attachment 550145 View attachment 550146 View attachment 550147 View attachment 550148 View attachment 550149 View attachment 550150
The pictures do not do it justice.

I can't tell you why the 3" was so much different other that it must simply be the lift kit. and the tire setup with the stock wheels. It was installed per instruction by my the same installer who has literally done hundreds of them. I'm not trying to bash because I stayed with the same lift company. All I can say is if you are on the fence between 3" & 6", do yourself a favor and spend the extra money if you can and go with the 6" lift. You will not be disappointed!!!

I was also afraid I would not get it in the garage and it fits by 1/2". That was huge to me as well!

I have the RC 6" Lift, 18" Fuel Covert Wheels w-1 Offset on Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Hey bud did you lose any turning radius with the 6". I lost a ton with mine. Like its really bad

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Yeah Im pysched about it. Its a ProComp lift so Im having 4Wheel Parts do it. Theyve done a few lifts for me in the past and do quality work. The guy there said he was excited because they "never" get to work on Nissan's. Dropping it Monday and should be ready Tuesday morning
What 4 wheel parts did you go too

·
Registered
469 Posts
I would have went with 20" wheels and he said he could probably get away with trimming plastic. The RC lift cam with a bumper extension so I'm guessing that would of helped. I would have probably gone with the same offset -1.

You will be happy you went with 6". (y)
Vulcan did you use the bumper extensions? Judging from your pics it looks like you didnt. Do you still have them, if so would you be interested in selling them. Im getting a nasty rub with my setup and dont wanna cut anything when I know there are bumper spacers in existence. Only problem is I cant find just the spacers for sale and my Fabtech kit didnt come with them

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hey bud did you lose any turning radius with the 6". I lost a ton with mine. Like its really bad
I haven't really noticed any difference. I expect that I did but I don't have anything to compare it to as turning radius isn't important to me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Vulcan did you use the bumper extensions? Judging from your pics it looks like you didnt. Do you still have them, if so would you be interested in selling them. Im getting a nasty rub with my setup and dont wanna cut anything when I know there are bumper spacers in existence. Only problem is I cant find just the spacers for sale and my Fabtech kit didnt come with them
Yes, my installer used them. Very minimum rub. I'm not sure how far it is extended but it doesn't look like much.

·
Registered
469 Posts
turning radius isn't important to me.
Thats odd lol. As I find it kinda important especially when making a u turn or just in general trying to park in a parking spot lol

Either way thanks for checking on the spacers for me. I believe the RC spacers move the bumper forward an inch. From all the pics Ive seen its pretty noticeable which is why I questioned yours. From the pics it doesnt look like it moved forward at all.

Thanks again

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thats odd lol. As I find it kinda important especially when making a u turn or just in general trying to park in a parking spot lol

Either way thanks for checking on the spacers for me. I believe the RC spacers move the bumper forward an inch. From all the pics Ive seen its pretty noticeable which is why I questioned yours. From the pics it doesnt look like it moved forward at all.

Thanks again
I have no problems with U turns.
I have to go in for my 500 mi. check next week and I will ask about the spacer.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have no problems with U turns.
I have to go in for my 500 mi. check next week and I will ask about the spacer.
Yeah Im going in for mine this weekend. I got a clunk coming from the back right on low speed bumps and Im getting a weird little squeak out of the rear on acceleration like something is moving. Thinking a U bolt might need to be torqued down a little more

21 - 31 of 31 Posts