Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many quarts of oil? And can I use 5w20? I bought the titan used and I didn’t receive owners manual.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,686 Posts
its online. if you have a warranty, you might lose it using 5w20 since it says only 0w20. ask your servicing dealership about that kind of stuff

·
Premium Member
4,588 Posts
Its right at 7qts and yes you can use it and no it WONT affect your warranty
It’s 7 qts 0w-20 synthetic only and the zero is equally as important especially on startup. If someone is going to buy oil it’s right there with the rest of it. In 2020 the manual shows no alternate weights like previous years.

Clint

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,664 Posts
Also, use the 7 qts as a guide, not something set in stone. When I wasn't so lazy, I'd do my oil change, check the dipstick, drive around the block, and then check it again, and if my memory was on point, I'd check it again in a week. I also liked to fill the oil filter with oil before installing it, just so it was lubricated to that point with that first crank.

·
Premium Member
4,588 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don’t know of anyone who has had any lubrication failures by using it. Do you?
I don't know anyone whose had issues using any of the other major brands either. I use mobile 1 mainly but have used valvoline and pennzoil

·
Premium Member
72,808 Posts
Jaw Art Painting Drawing Illustration

Reactions: grampy66 and Clint

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,686 Posts
ha ha ha, the mobile 1 stuff. i knew the end was near when that comment showed up, ha ha ha

i am fine with mobile 1, Valvoline, or any brand. the dude that checks oils on youtube tested a bunch of generic ones too and the brand walmarts sells in the blue bottles did very well. that's all i used on my autocross bmws and used to be all i used in everything. i have never had an issue with it, even in south texas 100+ summer days at the track. the titan gets whatever the dealership puts in though

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
When the sun attempts to swallow the earth we will all be saved by Mobil 1’s protective, thermal breakdown preventing film….

Sorry guys it seems oil threads never die!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts