Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
All went well with oil change today at dealer. Price was reasonable for synthetic. Dealer mentioned a recall for rear taillights which will be done next week. Overall good experience with this dealer.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,653 Posts
All went well with oil change today at dealer. Price was reasonable for synthetic. Dealer mentioned a recall for rear taillights which will be done next week. Overall good experience with this dealer.

·
Registered
254 Posts
What did the dealer charge you all said and done for the oil change?

·
Registered
2021 PRO4X
75 Posts
I'd stick with the 0W20 personally, but you're on the right path. The Kirkland brand is relatively cheap. $60 for just under 3 full oil changes isn't bad.

View attachment 554160

I think I've posted this guy's videos before (as others have).

Yep had 15 qts of 5w-30 Kirkland so have used that the last two changes, have no concerns running 5w-30 for the life of the truck frankly. Running this for the next change for S&Gs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It’s 7 qts 0w-20 synthetic only and the zero is equally as important especially on startup. If someone is going to buy oil it’s right there with the rest of it. In 2020 the manual shows no alternate weights like previous years.

Clint
Isn’t the actual drain and fill 6-7/8 quarts with filter?

·
Premium Member
4,585 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I’ve been puttin’ in somewhere around 7qts since my first 04’ Titan..

Even though I got a “B” in math I would still struggle tryin’ to measure out 7/8th a quart…

Seven will be fine along with 6.5qts

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,673 Posts
You got a bit of extra room in the oil pan. Just go 7.

Talking about that extra room, do our trucks have windage trays in the oil pan? Since they are trying to squeak out hp, that's one way for a little more, I would think

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
In most vehicles, the crankshaft that drives the engine’s pistons sits just above the oil reservoir located at the bottom of the oil pan. In order to move lubricant throughout the motor, a pump pressurizes it and draws it up from the pan (or sump), so it can be sprayed in key areas. Overfilling engine oil can raise the level of oil in the pan to the point where the crankshaft starts to make significant contact with the reservoir. Since it moves so fast, it can turn the oil from a liquid into a froth that the pump is no longer able to siphon and distribute. At that point, the engine can starve from lubricant to the degree that serious damage is often the end result.

Yes I know it's only a few ounces of oil, and yes I'm just trolling some of you worry warts... 🤪

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ve been puttin’ in somewhere around 7qts since my first 04’ Titan..

Even though I got a “B” in math I would still struggle tryin’ to measure out 7/8th a quart…

Seven will be fine along with 6.5qts
Thank all of you for the feedback. I was just stating what the manufacturers owners manual stated. Now I know the owners manual is only a recommendation I will toss it and just get all my info from forums.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,673 Posts
Did anyone happen to know if we have windage trays in our engines?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
21 - 40 of 47 Posts